PDA

View Full Version : Updating Dogs of war?

Darwin_green
19-07-2010, 19:30
hey there, has anyone made any efforts to update the rules for them?

like here's a simple example.

"Pikes: may fight in 4 ranks, 3 on the charge. has always strike first unless an opponent also has always strike first as well..."

And, like a BSB the Paymaster should confer all units within 12" to re-roll psychology test, right?

and Arsnill should take up a hero slot. Granted you couldn't take him in a 2000pt game since you couldn't include a paymaster(he's like 460pts).

wyvirn
19-07-2010, 20:26
You might wanna check in the rules development forum. I imagine that many people are trying the the exact same thing.

Ultimate Life Form
19-07-2010, 21:00
When people started crying about DOW not getting an erratum I wasn't aware they expected the army to be granted super powers.

Paraelix
19-07-2010, 21:35
hey there, has anyone made any efforts to update the rules for them?

like here's a simple example.

"Pikes: may fight in 4 ranks, 3 on the charge. has always strike first unless an opponent also has always strike first as well..."
Or you could stick to how the rules work and just give them ASF which, by the way, has differing functionality against other ASF

And, like a BSB the Paymaster should confer all units within 12" to re-roll psychology test, right?
Re-roll all Ld based tests you mean?

and Arsnill should take up a hero slot. Granted you couldn't take him in a 2000pt game since you couldn't include a paymaster(he's like 460pts).
I'm unaware what position he previously took >_>

Rhaivaen
19-07-2010, 21:45
When people started crying about DOW not getting an erratum I wasn't aware they expected the army to be granted super powers.

Could you please keep it constructive?

Darwin_green
19-07-2010, 21:45
well, I took a look at the RDF forum nothing about the Dogs that's post 8th edition.

Rhaivaen
19-07-2010, 22:09
well, I took a look at the RDF forum nothing about the Dogs that's post 8th edition.

Thats probably because GW has silently stopped supporting DoW, letting it die a silent and slow death..

BUT,

That doesn't mean WE, the consumer can't do anything to promote DoW, we don't need GW for that... it is our game-play/ fun to do as we please in that regard.