6 chaos knights
full comand
mark of tzeentch
blasted standard
TOTAL 360rare

hellcannon 205

hellcannon 205

ARMY TOTAL 1999

my plan is rushing to the enemy with the warriors and flanking them with the knights
while shooting at them with the hellcannons and the lord
comends please?

Paraelix
19-07-2010, 23:00
Looks rather boring to play (with or vs)

cain the betrayer
20-07-2010, 07:46
has nobody got some good advice?

Whitehorn
20-07-2010, 08:27
Put a break between points totals and army sections ;)

Magister_Ordo_Lyrae
20-07-2010, 09:53
well a few things pop out at me, first your BSB. He has a cheap banner that would be better placed in a unit and is virtually unprotected. If your going hw/shield with him give him MoTz and put him in the MoTz warrior unit (you can also drop one of the warriors that way). maybe drop the MoTz warriors to 14 and put the BSB in there with a protective item and magic weapon.

your Sorcerer Lord build is pretty much standard no complaints although I prefer the enchanted shield to the charmed shield on him but it is a minor quibble and not really worth arguing over.

With the Knights I can see having a standard bearer for the blasted standard (especially with MoTz) and perhaps even a champion since they get bonus points for killing characters in challenges. A Chaos Knight champion has good shot at it so I can see taking him even if he is expensive for an extra attack. But a musician in the knights is almost useless. You shouldn't need the free reform since your unit is only 6 models. Knights should never be fleeing, they kill too much to lose combat even on high static CR units. Drop the musician.

find a few more spare points and get 2 units of 5 warhounds to screen you from missile fire, a 3+ on the warriors is only going to do so much and you want them as intact as possible when they hit the enemy line. Also they are good NG fanatic defense (I hate those guys).

just my 2 cents. Take it for what you will but I mean well.

theSkullduggery1
20-07-2010, 13:54
Blood of Tzeentch is great and in a list that only has one caster I'd much rather have it than infernal puppet since the miscast table is bad throughout and I don't care which one my enemy rolls as long as I don't have to roll on it.

I agree that the BSB having the warbanner is not a good idea at all. Just give it to the unit that he is entering since both of them have standards that are not magical.

I've heard that 2 hellcannons is great, but I haven't tried it. I would rather have another unit on the board, for 205 you can get a horde of Marauders with MoK, GW, and FC.

Chaos Puppy
20-07-2010, 15:24
I always thought that warriors were the only choice with core, but marauders especially with 8th ed are really good for their points. I would drop one group and add some marauders with MoK and great weapons. Well nothin much that hasnt been said. :)

cain the betrayer
20-07-2010, 16:46
i try to avoid using marauder becaus i hate the models but the horsemen are fine

here is my updated list
lord

sorcerer lord
mark of tzeentch
lore of tzeentch
blood of tzeentch
talisman of presevation
disc of tzeentch
conjoined homunculus
TOTAL 370

heroes

exalted hero
shield
bsb
tzeentch
TOTAL 150

core

17 chaos wariors
mark of tzeentch
shields
full comand
TOTAL 323

18 chaos wariors
mark of khorne
halberds
full comand
TOTAL 348

6 warhounds 36

6 warhounds 36

elite

6 chaos knights
standard bearer
mark of tzeentch
blasted standard
TOTAL 330

rare

hellcannon 205

hellcannon 205

ARMY TOTAL 2003

but the problem is i now have three points too much so back to the disign table

thesheriff
21-07-2010, 11:29
Drop a warhound?. One won't hurt

Eta
21-07-2010, 11:52
Drop the warrior champ of the unit your exalted is not in. Problem solved.

Greetings
Eta