PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 points of Empire, 2nd Attempt

Templar47
20-07-2010, 07:11
Well, after testing out the first list I wrote, overall it did fairly well, except that I struggled quite a bit in the magic phase. So after going back to the drawing board, I came up with this list so tell me what you guys think.

*General:
-w/Full Plate Armor, Shield, Great Weapon, White Cloak, Barded Warhorse

*Arch-Lector:
-w/GW, Armor of Meteoric Armor, War Altar

*BSB:
-w/HW, Full Plate Armor, Enchanted Shield

*Warrior Priest #1:
-w/HW, Hvy. Armor, Shield, Barded Warhorse

*Warrior Priest #2:
-w/GW, Dawn Armor

*Engineer:
-w/HW, Light Armor,

*(30x) Spearmen:
-w/Full Command, Shields
-Detachment of 15x Swordsmen

*(30x) Spearmen:
-w/Full Command, Shields
-Detachment of 15x Swordsmen

*(48x) Halberds:
-w/Full Command, Razor Standard (w/BSB, Warrior Priest #2)

*(12x) Crossbows:

*(10x) I.C. Knights of the Blazing Sun:
-w/Full Command (w/Warrior Priest #1, General)

*Great Cannon:

*Great Cannon:

*Mortar:

*Hellstorm Rocket Battery:

Total: 2,498 points

The only things I'm debating on is whenever I should remove the shields from the spearmen units (not sure if they are worth it) to use the points for something else (possibly another mortar or more crossbows), and maybe switching out the Arch-Lector for a Lvl. 4 Wizard Lord w/the Rod of Power and a barded warhorse for the same point cost.

Mandragola
20-07-2010, 09:44
I'd definitely take a wizard. I'd probably keep the Al, send him with the knights instead of their priest and maybe drop the general.

em_en_oh_pee
20-07-2010, 10:45
I'd definitely take a wizard. I'd probably keep the Al, send him with the knights instead of their priest and maybe drop the general.

Agreed. Not sure how much the General costs, but a L4 Wizard Lord w/ Rod costs like 285pt, which is a must.

Templar47
20-07-2010, 17:15
He's actually more like around 240 points w/the rod of power, and I like having the general in my army for fluff, but also for the fact that he can give my Halberds the Razor Standard due to his special rule so I'm going to keep him. And just curious, why would the Wizard lord better then an Arch-Lector on a war altar? ANd should I remove the shields from the spearmen because some people say that they are worth it but others say that they are a waste of points.

Rincewind
20-07-2010, 17:20
Battlestandard bearers cannot carry a shield. Give him the meteoric iron armour and drop the lector for a wizard.

Templar47
20-07-2010, 17:49
Actually he can carry a shield in this editon. Since the Enchanted shield counts as magical armor, he can use it. Trust me, there's a whole entire thread discussing this at warhammer-empire.com, so I wouldn't be using it if I was sure I could.

Rincewind
20-07-2010, 19:09
Oh, funny. Give him a magic standard instead, the wizard is still better than the arch-lector.

Templar47
20-07-2010, 23:23
Well the reason I chose the Arch-Lector is because I'm never really was a fan of magic to begin with for one, plus the Arch-Lector's War Altar can cast any spell from he Lore of Light every turn. He also generates an extra 2 dispel dice, and along with my 2x warrior priests will give me a grand total of 4 dispel dice before rolling to see how many PD and DD we each get. However, I do plan to try out a lvl. 4 Arch-Mage w/the rod of power also to see what it can do someime in the future.