PDA

View Full Version : The New Pink Horrors look terrible!

Tokugawa100
20-07-2010, 08:26
Im sorry but I just returned from the Games Workshop site to see the new Daemon models.

The Daemon Prince set looks awesome and is way overdo.

The Changeling is "meh" but I didnt find him interesting at all in the book.

The Seekers look excellent, Im a fan of the new Daemonette style and these are perfect.

Now for the Pink Horrors, I would have been happier for plastic models of the older versions, even if just as solid figures. These are ugly and look far too "normal" for Tzeentch.
I mean they certainly do look "changy" and cheerful but they dont have that constant mutation about them that the older models have.

I think they look terrible whats your opinion.

Born Again
20-07-2010, 08:30
My opinion, and many others, are already listed in this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258621

Whitehorn
20-07-2010, 08:31
Oh my! New models and someone doesn't like them. How unexpected.

They're different, such is Tzeentch. I like having variation, so I'm all for some new models to add to the horde(s) of Horrors I already have.

The rest are very appealing to me, mostly because I've had no cheap alternative for Seekers or Blood Crushers.

As for the Changeling, I don't even want to decide if I like it, the price tag is sickening. As an essential 5 point upgrade, it should come in the plastic kit!

Kurisu313
20-07-2010, 09:20
I loved the ancient 'big face' horrors for their fun character.

I loved the old metal lovecraftian horrors for their absolute embodiment of change and wierdness.

I love the new plastic horrors because they combine elements of the old two, throw in some tzeentch avian features and are in plastic. I like beak-face the most. I'm gonna get at least one box.

But screw the horrors. Plastic Bloodcrushers! *Squeals like a little girl*

Farseer Dave
20-07-2010, 10:27
I think your being a Little hard on them they look very tzeentchy to me (yes tzeentchy is a word). I think there pretty kwl .

I personnaly think the Deamon Prince was the epic fail with no god specific parts..
and Fateweaver doesnt look ''Old'' enough for me , which is a shame becouse hes my favourite deamon lore wise !

Farseer Dave.

Denny_Crane
20-07-2010, 10:34
New bloodchrushers are just wow. So impressed with that kit.

Tokugawa100
20-07-2010, 11:14
My opinion, and many others, are already listed in this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258621

Thankyou, apologies, I must have missed it on my intial check.:o

Oh my! New models and someone doesn't like them. How unexpected.

Fair enough;)
Perhaps I should have reworded my Thread, my actual question is what do people think of the new Horrors. Instead I believe I come off as another whining poster who I myself often dont have time for.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, I believe there are people out there who like the Razorgor:D

I remember my first encounter with Warhammer, though I didnt realise it was warhammer was when I was in year 5 and a schoolmate brought a magazine for show and tell. It happened to be an old White Dwarf and he let me read it during class.

The old Horrors were my most memorable memory:D of Warhammer. I indeed loved them, I must admit however the metal set which preceeded this new batch are the best in my opinion.
They just dont feel Tzeentchy to me:confused:

TheOneWithNoName
20-07-2010, 11:16
At least people aren't using fluff to justify the models, like another horrible kit GW released.

The Muffin Man
20-07-2010, 12:15
They are definitely detailed and have character but I am not to fond of them at the moment, however I really hated the new daemonettes and now I have 30 of them so I am sure the horrors will grow on me as well.

ashc
20-07-2010, 12:59
They look fine to me, as stated, a combination of the older and newer ones with some extra bits and pieces.

DuskRaider
20-07-2010, 14:21
It's understandable that people don't like the new Horrors, but GW has to update their lines. Obviously, when things are updated, looks change. They're brought more in line with the other models in the range, and that way armies look more fluid. Do I like them? Meh... I'm not a fan of Tzeentch in general, and I would've been a lot happier with updated plastic Plaguebearers, but you take what they give us.

A couple other things people have to remember: They're plastic, which means you can customize them to look more mutated or whatnot. And the beaks, which everyone seems to be complaining about, are separate from the model itself, so you don't need to use them.

Earthbeard
20-07-2010, 15:30
They look fine to me, as stated, a combination of the older and newer ones with some extra bits and pieces.

My sentiments exactly.

ulruk headsplitter
20-07-2010, 15:34
i don't really like them, i think they resemble humans to much (2 legs, 2 arms (usually) head, mouth, eyes.

Industrial Propaganda
20-07-2010, 15:39
Now for the Pink Horrors, I would have been happier for plastic models of the older versions, even if just as solid figures. These are ugly and look far too "normal" for Tzeentch.
I mean they certainly do look "changy" and cheerful but they dont have that constant mutation about them that the older models have.

I think they look terrible whats your opinion.

I think they look like the original horrors. Faces in the middle of the body with long arms. Like the apparence of Tzeentch. They look fine.

But I like also the previous Horrors.

Megad00mer
20-07-2010, 16:05
I quite like them actually.

loveless
20-07-2010, 16:07
Terrible...or horrible?

Had to be done :p

Vomikron Noxis
20-07-2010, 16:08
I also rather like them, a nice homage to the old school (read: best) Horrors.

DeadlySquirrel
20-07-2010, 17:48
they are mad eof pure awsome.

more importantly... theyre plastic.

LonelyPath
20-07-2010, 18:03
I quite like them myself, but I'm liking every model in this wave release which is something very rare for me to experience (I think the last time I liked every model in a month release was when they released all the Genestealer hybrids, Magus, patriarch and familiars!).

Zurubbu
20-07-2010, 18:24
I think they look too normal... but maybe that's the horror.

Remadia
20-07-2010, 19:14
they are mad eof pure awsome.

more importantly... theyre plastic.
Totally agree. The daemon prince is pure awesome and makes me want to start a deamon army just to field two of those.

insectum7
20-07-2010, 20:36
I quite like them myself, but I'm liking every model in this wave release which is something very rare for me to experience (I think the last time I liked every model in a month release was when they released all the Genestealer hybrids, Magus, patriarch and familiars!).

Wow. That's what, like 1989 dude :)
I actually just finished painting a genestealer cult army.

In response to the thread I agree, I liked the metal ones just prior to this release. I still get to use them in DOW1 hehe.

Sureshot05
20-07-2010, 20:43
When i saw them, i rung up GW and they told me that they had run out of the metal horrors. Hence I went on ebay and bought up a load of the metal horrors to add to my existing collection. I may have went a little over the top and bought a few more than intended, but I would rather pay the old prices for the metals than the new prices for the plastics as the new ones look too cartoony and lack the horror aspect that they should have.

On the plus side, I now nearly have a full Tzeetch themed Daemon army to field :D. Just need a few flamers and discs...

azimaith
20-07-2010, 20:46
They look like Warhammer Online horrors, boring. The metal ones are crazy daemons leaping out of their own skins and consuming themselves. The new ones are pink guys with three arms. Three armed pink guys don't strike me as a "horror", but a pink ball of arms with a gaping mouth that a blue ball of arms is tearing itself out of does.

Grimtuff
20-07-2010, 21:22
At least people aren't using fluff to justify the models, like another horrible kit GW released.

Such as? :eyebrows:

DuskRaider
20-07-2010, 21:55
*cough cough* THUNDERWOLVES *cough cough*

LonelyPath
20-07-2010, 23:35
Wow. That's what, like 1989 dude :)
I actually just finished painting a genestealer cult army.

I had to check, but WOW! It was that long ago! I nearly posted about the Daemonhuntes range, but I never really liked the Inquisitor, Stormtrooper or Daemonhost miniatures. I still have a few old Hybrids to pain myself, so you beat me to finishing the Cult army (which they really do need to bring back!)

Joewrightgm
21-07-2010, 00:05

I loved the old metal lovecraftian horrors for their absolute embodiment of change and wierdness.

I love the new plastic horrors because they combine elements of the old two, throw in some tzeentch avian features and are in plastic. I like beak-face the most. I'm gonna get at least one box.

But screw the horrors. Plastic Bloodcrushers! *Squeals like a little girl*

Quoted for truth. GW has been on a slightly retro kick in my opinion lately, and I think these Horrors do a great job.

Also, keep in mind before everyone gets all weird and defensive, that sculpting minis is an art form, and like any art, its subject to the individual tastes of the person observing the art.

Born Again
21-07-2010, 03:42
i don't really like them, i think they resemble humans to much (2 legs, 2 arms (usually) head, mouth, eyes.

The old ones also had 2 legs, 2 arms (usually) and a mouth and eyes in a "head" which, like the new ones, is more the upper part of their torso than a separate body part. The only real thing they lack is the mass of tentacle-like appendages, which seem to have been cut down to 1 per model, and they've been bulked out in their musculature a bit.

Malice313
21-07-2010, 04:02
The new ones are not as back as Aly Morrison's re-make of them around second ed.

Grimtuff
21-07-2010, 09:52
*cough cough* THUNDERWOLVES *cough cough*

*Once again wishes for a facepalming emoticon* :rolleyes:

Evilgenius
21-07-2010, 20:34
I like the Horrors, but I dont understand all the praise for the Changeling.

He just looks like an angry beach towel.;)

Balgora
21-07-2010, 20:49
They look like Warhammer Online horrors, boring. The metal ones are crazy daemons leaping out of their own skins and consuming themselves. The new ones are pink guys with three arms. Three armed pink guys don't strike me as a "horror", but a pink ball of arms with a gaping mouth that a blue ball of arms is tearing itself out of does.

the new ones don't all have 3 arms, there looks to be some decent variation for legs, arms, faces, and various bits sticking out of them, and failing that plastic is much easier to convert to what you want.

some of them have beaks some of them have four eyes and 5 arms and 2 tails, i quite like them.

The new ones to me look a lot more robust and dangerous, the only ones look like they'd just get in their own ways from being stupid blobs of melting wax being drawn off in all directions.

And again, if you want them to be more chaotic get your greenstuff out and mix it up.

EmperorNorton
21-07-2010, 20:50
I just bought a big lot of the old, 5th Ed. metal Horrors, which probably says enough about my opinion concerning the new ones.

Hicks
21-07-2010, 21:49
I actually like them, sure the previous ones might have been a bit better, but it's really not as bad as what they did to demonettes when they went plastic.

RunepriestRidcully
25-07-2010, 13:03
It seems GW is determined to ruin the troops of the Slannesh and Tzeentch, first the Daemonettes, and now the Horrors, why oh why does GW hate Slaanesh and Tzeentch so much?

Zweischneid
25-07-2010, 13:19
Well. I have to say I too love the new Horrors.

As a side note, while I think the old Horros looked kinda neat in close-up, CMON shots, they IMO didn't hold up well at arms-length on the battlefield. There they were just unidentifiable globs of "something". The new Horrors should remedy that. I also like my Chaos with a bit of of "tongue-in-cheek" irony.

I do however also have to second a bit of complain about the Changeling model. With the scrolls on the staff and the flames being blown to the right, while his robe apparently is being blown to the left, the whole model kinda suffers from an internally confused dynamic.