PDA

View Full Version : Possiable Eldar RPG-Brainstorming.....

Slazton
01-03-2006, 02:48
Right Xenos RPGs tend not to fair well, mainly because of issues with the fluff or the actual difficulty of being an alien.

However, I feel that an Eldar RPG could in fact work, provided it had the players and the effort placed into a storyline. I only intend for this RPG to be a one episode wonder, so its an easier plotline to work with. What has occured to me is that people want to be a Banshee, or a Striking Scorpion, or a Warp Spider(sp?), etc. Well this will be handled with the storyline of the Craftworld all of us will be departing from.

Also I will not allow Harlequins as they can skewer the storyline and actually ruin everyone's else fun. Another point is I will be running on 2nd Edition fluff for the Eldar, but in a 4th Edition 'Warhammer 40K Universe,' so some weapons will exist and some won't, based upon 4th Edition. Weapon and equipment will be basic as I will not have ANY Exarchs as again, too powerful and too difficult to roleplay in my opinion.

Before I move onto to describe a possiable plotline (which you can have your say in btw), I want to make this 100% clear. Under any circumstances you are not to complain about other players' fluff, instead send myself (THE GM), a PM highlighting certain issues, understood?

Plot:
The Farseer has seen a possiable future involving the Dark Brethren under Slaanesh's influence trying to bring about a new Daemonwolrd dedicated to the evil Dark God. The Farseer has been given a strike force and a retinue to prevent this happening at all costs. However, the planet is an Imperial world and the Imperials are fighting against the Traitor Legion known as The Emperor's Children under a powerful Sorcerer. The Farseer has been tasked to kill the Pirate Prince of the Dark Eldar and the Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer.

Thats about it. So any thoughts feel free to voice, ok?

As for the background, the Farseer comes from the Craftworld, Garden of Isha, a small craftworld that only has the Banshee, Ranger and a Striking Scorpion Temples. The Banshee is the dominant cult while the other two are smaller and in fewer numbers. The Craftworld is 'normal' in all senses of the word as in every citzen is trained as a Guardian, but because of the smaller nature of the Craftworld, it has adapted to hit and run strikes, akin to the Ultawe(sp?) Craftworld. Also the Garden of Isha has a considerable sized pirate fleet that encourages the Outcast path to be popular amongst the youth of the Garden of Isha.

The Craftworld is situated near a vocal point for Slaanesh's powers and is always under constant threat from Traitor Marines. The populace have learnt methods of killing them and have created Guardian Veterns who are equipped with weapons capable of killing a Marine. Because of their skills, they are few in number and are usually given command of a Guardian squad, mainly the one they were promoted out of.

Right that about sums it up. In basic terms, Banshees are a dominant temple, while the other two are not. Also the craftworld excels at hit and run tactics, along with a Vetern who can be equipped properly. Also Pirates are allowed as they have a fleet that is used to gather resources and what not. The Garden of Isha also has fast vehicles like bikes and other things, which might make an appearance ;).

So any thoughts on the Craftworld fluff? Any suggestions or queries please voice them.

Limitations would be:
-No other Xenos. Only Eldar, NOT Dark Eldar (nid)
-0-2 Banshees
-0-1 Ranger
-0-1 Striking Scorpion
-0-1 Guardian Vetern
-1+ Guardian
-0-1 Warlock
-1+ Pirate
-Nothing else is allowed unless asked by me, via PM.

Anything else will be considered once people start posting etc. So lets brainstorm. Also please note that it is a 'loose' plotline, so it is suceptable to change, especially if people voice their ideas about it.............

Bmaxwell
01-03-2006, 02:52
Call Warlock

do we have to be form that craft world or can we be form another one? (im thinking sei-ham (sp?) )

Xavier
01-03-2006, 03:24
You are right in why xenos rpgs fail, not many have as firm a grasp on their fluff as they do for the imperium which is understandable, but with dedication it would be a good place to learn the background of the eldar from and would certainly be an original idea

I assume exodites arent allowed either?

Observations: The ranger isnt a temple as such, its a path some eldar choose to walk when they dont like the confines of the craftworld, its not an aspect in the sense of proper aspect warriors, nor is it like the farseer and warlocks paths.

I might just be reading it wrong, but are we all from the same craftworld "Garden of Isha" in which case the 'pirate' spot doesnt really make sense, since a craftworlds eldar arent corsairs, where as if were eldar who have been summoned? Then expand it to include other craftworlds and aspects, Unless of course you only want the 2 aspects named, in which case think of some outside plot thread for why pirates would be involved.

Guardian Veterain; this confuses me slightly, guardians from most craftworlds are normal eldar who have been drafted as milita to fill out the ranks, certain craftworlds have standing armys, black guardians of ulthwe being the most well known, if this is what is meant by a veterain guardian then thats cool and expands the background of the craftworld a bit.

When you say the craftworld has a pirate fleet, im confused, craftworlds have fleets yes, but not pirate (corsair) ones, corsair eldar are complete outcasts, far more so than rangers, they are more akin to exodites they go off to make a living for themselves.

You are right to disallow exarchs, they would be far to hard to roleplay effectively, since they are fully dedicated to their shrine and cant get off the path of the warrior and are responsible for the training of the other warriors of that aspect, if they were to go on this mission they would be leading a sizeable squad of the aspect, which would be kinda dull, 5 banshees? pfft

So slaz, you have your own internet back?

Thane McHammer
01-03-2006, 07:39
I'll take the Striking Scorpion position.

As for comments...

The pirate fleet bit, while interesting, doesn't really fit in with the fluff. Pirates usually stick to themselves, and have little interaction with the Craftworlds. Perhaps, instead, because of the close proximity to the dangers of the Emperor's Children, the pirates and the craftworlders have come together in an alliance. Would make for more interesting interaction, I think.

And we need craftworld colours. If you could think of up a colour scheme, that would help, for descriptions and such. I was thinking somethign Wood Elfy, with lots of greens and coppers. I've always equated Banshees and Scorps with Wardancers, so I think that would work.

Thoughts?

And Xavier, you will be added as soon as I can get home from school...you bum XD.

The Silver Crosses
01-03-2006, 20:17
Could I be a storm Guardian? If so here is his profile

Name: Anastari Zhai (Raven Blade in eldar)
Position:Storm guardian. Previously a striking scoprion
Heighth: 6'7
Armor: Eldar Mesh, a helmet and a black raven on the front of his helmet.
Weapons: Two glowing light blue blades (If you want me to have a shuriken pistol instead of a second blade I can work with that) Melta bombs.
Appearance: he is your basic Storm guardian. Black armor...white blades but his glow a light blue, the same color as his eyes on his armor and his real ones. Dirty blonde hair that covers his forehead going down to his mid back.
Background: Being a former striking scorpion he is very very agile and skilled in the ways of the blade. A very silent person also. Not the most tactical but he will get the job done...just point him in the right direction.

marineowar
01-03-2006, 23:08
I'll call a pirate. Never played an eldar before so this needs some thinking. Background coming either later today or tomorrow.

As to the background, I agree that a Craftworld wouldn't nave a standing pirate fleet. Perhaps we could say that the craftworld fleet was heavily damaged in a battle with the EC, and they formed an alliance with the pirate to help compensate till they can rebuild.

Xavier
02-03-2006, 00:54
Roleplaying tips for playing elves and eldar are to remember they think on 3 levels, not just 2.

Thane McHammer
02-03-2006, 08:22
Hehe. Don't most humans think on 1 level? Perhaps it's different for women, but most guys I know seem to exist on a singularity.

Xavier
02-03-2006, 09:50
Good point :p

Slazton
02-03-2006, 14:16
To clarify some issues:

The Pirate Fleet and The Garden of Isha have had a long standing alliance as the two rely on one another at some point or another. That is how we can have pirates. The Path of the Outcast is quite popular, hence the Ranger option. The other two Temples are apart of the Craftword itself, as the Garden of Isha is originally a Banshee temple.

As to another point: The Garden of Isha is akin to the Ulthwe Strike Force in that the Craftworld has a fully trained milita hence why Storm Guardians ARE allowed, I just forgot them in my limitations etc. Also this explains how the Veteran Guardian comes into existence.

All the Eldar that will be used ARE from this Craftworld. Most of the fleet is filled with restless youth who travel as the Garden of Isha is a very small craftworld. They are also in connection with Exodites and I feel that this should be represented. So an Exodite is allowed, but not mounted or equipped with 2nd Edition weaponary.

I hope this has cleared some issues up. Here is the revised limitation list:

-No other Xenos. Only Eldar, NOT Dark Eldar (nid)
-0-2 Banshees
-0-1 Ranger
-0-1 Striking Scorpion
-0-1 Guardian Veteran
-1+ Storm Guardian
-0-1 Warlock
-1+ Pirate
-0-1 Exodite
-0-1 Pirate Prince (you will have control over the vessel we will be using, but VERY limited. I will be picky about who uses this slot, so its better to request this position.)

Right I thinks thats it..............

Xavier
02-03-2006, 14:18
Name: Elendiora
Class: Exodite Heroine
Height: 6'8"
Wargear: ranger long rifle, blast pistol, spirit field and power blades, mesh armour, chameleon robes and cloak, soul stone.

Description: Like all eldar she is tall and lithe, her ears coming to a notable point at the top, her dark her flows down her her back and her piercing blue eyes seem to look straight through anyone she glances at. Being raised on a maiden world and not a craftworld has had notable effects, her skin is not the normal pale colour of most eldar, but is slightly tanned.

She wears a very old style of eldar mesh armour from the time of the fall (as with all exodites) which is very similar to guardian armour, but with a far more intricate camoflauge. The chameleon robes and cloak is draped around her concealing most of the armour, she normally wears the hood up. The backpack she wears has the same chameleon properties as the cloak, this is where she stores most of her equipment, including the helmet for her armour. Hanging below this on inside of the cloak is the scabbard for her soul blade. Her side arm is holstered on her left hip concealed behind the cloak. The purple orb that is her soul stone hangs around her neck along with the many other charms and stones she carries around. One of the small stones hanging around her neck projects a spirit aura about her, charged from the world spirit, it to offers some small protection from harm.

As with all exodites her weapons date back to the time of the fall when the eldar technology favoured less projecticle weapons and relied more on plasma and laser technology, the blast pistol is similar in appearance to a shuriken pistol but instead of a disc launcher it houses a small laser which though not nearly as powerful as a shuriken weapon requires hardly any ammunition compared to the solid core ammunition of the shurikens. The power blades are fixed to her greaves, curving downwards towards the ground with the edge facing outwards and ending in a spike, her training with the dragoons have given her considerable skill using the while mounted and since leaving the maiden world she has become quite proficent using them on foot aswell. She also carries one piece of craftworld weaponry, a ranger long rifle, her time spent with the rangers demanded she learn to fight from a distance in the same way they did to this end she was gifted the weapon of one of the fallen rangers.

Background: Being the child of an exodite baron had its advantages she was almost garaunteed sucesion to the same position as her father, all exodites are assigned their role in society at birth and this is what they do for their entire lives. She spent most of the first 60 years learning the basic eldar skills, how to ride, the history of her people and of the world spirit. At just 30 she thought her first battle, a battle for the very survivial of the maiden world, all the tribes united as one as the Ork Invasion began, for over 10 years the war lasted, until finally they had erradicated the orks, though in time they will surely resurface as orks always do. This brought about a time of peace between all the exodite tribes, they no longer had need to fight between each other, the maiden world was united as one tribe, a formidable tribe. The visionaries spoke to her, telling her of great things that they saw for her and of the cross roads she would soon find herself at. She trained long and hard as one of the Dragoon riders, following in her parents foot steps.

Shortly after her passage into adult hood, just after turning 60 the maiden world she was on were visited by a group of rangers from some distant craftworld, they were met with distrust but were allowed to rest and join with the exodites, she had heard of these, 'craftworlds' they sounded fasinating she had so many questions but dared not ask them. Exodites have no love of their cousins the craftworld eldar, they see them repeating the same mistakes their ancestors did which brought about the birth of slaanesh, the fools, can they not see their 'Paths' are giving them far to much satisfaction, especially those exarchs, to become trapped on a path, to sucumb to the urges, sickening.

She got to know the rangers who stayed, hearing many tales of their expolits, she was fasinated, she had only ever heard about 'tyranids' and 'imperium' she had never seen them. She became friendly with one of them who told her of his craftworld, The garden of isha, though tiny compared to other craftworlds it sounded fasinating, she knew what she had to do. After many long weeks of trying she finally convinced the rangers to let her join them, they had been reluctant, they had no desire to have the exodites seek retribution on their craftworld, but after reasuring them if she exiled herself they would not follow her they relented.

She travelled with the rangers for many years, getting closer to Amendil the ranger she had first spoken too, they fought beside many other eldar, 'Ulthwe' these eldar seemed most strange, even more than other craftworld eldar. Then there was the incident with the ghost warriors, that still chilled her soul, making dead warriors continue to fight, yes she knew of the necrontyr, but to turn eldar into those things was unthinkable. Exodite dead are allowed to join with the world spirit and live out eternity in peace.

One day the rangers she was with returned to their craftworld, she was entranced, it was so wonderful unlike anything she had ever seen. By now she was so similar to the rangers she accompnied noone noticed at first she was an exodite, noone that is except the farseer's, they noticed, powerful psykers more powerful than the visionaries, they used the power of the 'warp' to weild their power, they did not rely on the world spirit. After a time she was seperated from the rangers and confined to a seperate area of the craftworld, this she did not understand, do they hold no trust for the exodites? or do they still harbour the old beliefs even though they were proven correct as soon as the fall happened.

Slazton
02-03-2006, 14:21
Hmm just because I love Thane and want his babies, the craftworld colour is Green and Copper with a Wood Elf feel to the craftworld.

Also the symbol is of a tree with a sepernt wrapped around the small tree.

The colours are green armour plates with copper trim, the green being a leaf green or a fairly 'natural' green.

vforvenator
02-03-2006, 14:40
Can I call Pirate Prince, then? I'll post details only if I get the okay.

Lord Setra
02-03-2006, 15:05
Sorry mate just off discussing with Slaz and I called it

Xavier
02-03-2006, 15:39
"2nd weaponory" is what sets exodites apart, well aswell as their atitudes towards other eldar. The point im making is exodites have different weapons to that of craftworld eldar because of the time when they left the home worlds and because of how hard it would be to maintain certain weapons not to mention the lack of extra ammunition etc.

The Silver Crosses
02-03-2006, 17:16
Cool, thank you for letting me have a storm guardian. I shall stay with Anastari then. It seems like this rp will get going pretty soon then.

Thane McHammer
02-03-2006, 19:46
Hmm just because I love Thane and want his babies, the craftworld colour is Green and Copper with a Wood Elf feel to the craftworld.

Also the symbol is of a tree with a sepernt wrapped around the small tree.

The colours are green armour plates with copper trim, the green being a leaf green or a fairly 'natural' green.

Oh, I'm sure we can adopt :D

I'll draw up a background for my character. This will need some interesting thinking...

Bmaxwell
03-03-2006, 02:39
What is the standred Equipment for a Eldar Warlock?

Wicth blade and what else?

Im thinking along the lines of a war dancer sort of Warlock with just the wicthblade and a few clothes and the soulstone and that be it.

Xavier
03-03-2006, 03:01
He comes with nothing, but can be given singing spears, witch blades and shuriken pistols. Also he has one of the warlock powers, conceal, enhance, embolden and destructor.

If your doing a wardancer one a singing spear would be cool and enhance, but thats just my opinion

Bmaxwell
03-03-2006, 03:40
well I didn;t plan on saying which warlock powers he would have more along the lines of what he could do.

marineowar
03-03-2006, 07:35
I always felt that warlocks had a variety of powers, but the codex limited them to 1 power to prevent them being too powerful. I'd say that he needs to focus to use the power so, in effect, can only one power at a time sort of thing.
And yeah the wardancer idea sounds cool. Go for the singing spear.
Still working on miss banshee.

Wiseman
03-03-2006, 11:11
i call a banshee, failing that, ive got a pirate

Slazton
03-03-2006, 11:24
I think we might have three Eldar Banshees coming into this RPG, if so Diddimz, I feel a pirate would suit you as you are a pirate but I won't say what type ;)

Only joking D, you know I love you :D.

Right this seems to be working out very well and I must say Xavier is actually being helpful for once. Thank you Xavier for covering fluff issues and whatnot while I am fighting for net, etc.

As for your character, hmm powerblades and a Soul blade, pick one ;), not both you cheeky monkey. I know Eldar are tooled for war and what not, but I would prefer to keep some weapons limited etc.

Also kudos to Bmaxwell for the Warlock/Wardancer idea as it really adds to the feel of the Craftworld. If others keep with this similar pattern I can see this RPG actually going somewhere. It almost gives me hope :eek:

Xavier
03-03-2006, 11:27
I must say Xavier is actually being helpful for once

**** you.

You die at gamesday :mad: If you even go and if I even remember..

Fine ill lose the soul blade.. hmm, what can I swap it for, since power blades arent a single or double handed weapon I only have one, maybe a power weapon instead ;)

hmm, not exactly an exodite weapon, but I could have a ranger long rifle, since it fits my background and noone else seems interested in the ranger spot anyway.

and we dont have any banshee's that I can see, Thane switched for a scorpion

Wiseman
03-03-2006, 12:08
Yurijiah G'algotha
Equipment: Mesh Armour, Splinter Pistol, Shuriken Pistol, Agoniser Gauntlet, wristmounted powerblade, Plasma grenades, Haywire Grenades,Bionic Right Armour
Background: Born into pirate warband,Yurijah really never achieved much, he had never managed to distinguish himself from his peers, and in general luck seemed to run against him, the greatest example of this is when part of a boarding action on an Imperial vessel, during the taking of the bridge, the Monkeigh leader managed to fire off one shot before himself being torn to shreads, this one shot managed to find a week joint in his mesh armour, and caused his entire right arm to be blown outwards, amputing from the shoulder down. Since then, numerous operations have been attempted on his arm to install a bionic replacement, but each seems to be met with some form of failure, or problem.

marineowar
03-03-2006, 12:11
I'm a banshee, just haven't got a profile up yet.

Bmaxwell
03-03-2006, 12:19
wow! I did something right for once ;)

I want to make sure that this is a good character so thats whats takeing me so long.

the powers would be more along the line of just helping him/her (haven;t decied it might be a Female) be faster quicker and be able to pull things off related to the wardanceing

Konrad_Curze II
03-03-2006, 14:52
so what places are left on this rpg?

Xavier
03-03-2006, 15:31
-0-2 Banshees
-0-1 Ranger
-0-1 Striking Scorpion
-0-1 Guardian Veteran
-1+ Storm Guardian
-0-1 Warlock
-1+ Pirate
-0-1 Exodite
-0-1 Pirate Prince (you will have control over the vessel we will be using, but VERY limited. I will be picky about who uses this slot, so its better to request this position.)

And of them.. the striking scorpion, one banshee, the pirate prince, a storm guardian, the warlock, a pirate and the exodite are gone

-0-1 Banshees
-0-1 Ranger
-0-1 Guardian Veteran
-1+ Storm Guardian
-1+ Pirate

are the spots left

Xavier
03-03-2006, 15:36
I'm a banshee, just haven't got a profile up yet.

You said you were a pirate earlier.. you liar!11:eyebrows: :p

The Silver Crosses
03-03-2006, 20:13
Hey I am Still here I just haven't said anything. Anastari Zhai will still fight for his craftworld. Don't talk for me Xavier =(

Tanith Ghost
03-03-2006, 22:13
I'll take the ranger slot, if permitted by Slazton. A laid-back, non-chalant sniper is always a help.:D Backround up by tonight.

Ulrik deadeye

Sharpshooter and outcast from his home craftworld.

Equipment
flak jacket, ghillie suit, ranger rifle with several personal improvements, laspistol, hunting knife

Bio
Ulrik's past is a murky afair, even for him. He knows he's young for an eldar, as well as shorter and a little more strongly built. He says nothing about his past. He remebers very little anyway. All he knows is his mother was a banshee warrior when she died. His father was a soldier of some sort, but the buck stops there. The laspistol and flak jacket Ulrik owns belonged to his father, and that's his only clue to the man's identity.

His ears are more rounded than pointed, and he makes a point of not exposing them. He also sports a ragged beard, one of the reasons for his leaving the craftworld. Many unsavory rumors went around about his blood history being of lower stock. He never cared.

The sole thing he does care about is the stopping of the great enemy.
To that end, he'll team up with nearly anyone who'll tolerate him for a chance to kill chaos worshippers. Human, Tau, even Ork. If they're fighting chaos, he'll
happily work with them for a piece of the action. He rarely gets upset, and
his calm can be un-nerving. To his credit, he has a definite sense of right and wrong. He won't take an innocent life, and won't break his word when he gives it.

marineowar
03-03-2006, 22:15
lol, I have no idea quite how I managed that :wtf: :confused:

Hmm, I think the pirate will be easier, I've been trying to come up with the banshee for 2 days now & it aint working.
So Slaz, disregard any posts I've made about being a banshee, my first post was correct.

Xavier
04-03-2006, 03:13
Don't talk for me Xavier =(

Excuse me? I was just saying how many people we had an what spots they had filled.

The Silver Crosses
04-03-2006, 03:57
You said a storm guardian had left. I am still here.

Xavier
04-03-2006, 03:59
1+ means more than one, no limit on the number you can have, hence why I still listed it. Storm Guardians werent 0-1 and neither are pirates.

"And of them.. the striking scorpion, one banshee, the pirate prince, a storm guardian, the warlock, a pirate and the exodite are gone"

means the ones listed are being used by other people

vforvenator
05-03-2006, 13:59
So Slaz, disregard any posts I've made about being a banshee, my first post was correct. In that case, I shall call Banshee if I still can. I'll wait for the okay before proceeding, as before. Hail the Slazton.
V.

The Silver Crosses
05-03-2006, 14:02
Oh, I apoligise for my ignorance.

Xavier
05-03-2006, 14:10
Though im not slazton.. I have been following this, so you should be ok with a banshee, so go ahead. We only have one other banshee thats been reserved.

Bmaxwell
06-03-2006, 00:10
Name: Lileath Aurduan
Equipment: Singing Spear, rune stones, enough clothes to cover body and not interfere with war danceing.

Background: Daugther of a Pirate Prince she was rasied on the Ship as a born fighter and was a succesfull officer in her fathers fleet. But she felt the calling of her home craft world. Leaveing the fleet and makeing her home on the craft world she begun on the path of the warrior under the Order of the Banshee. rather then use her armour she preffered to strip all of the armour execpt for the helmet which she used to great effect. this was hints of things to come.

During a misson to rescue a Eldar Seer form a inquistor. Most of the strike force had been killed but they had gone to far to turn back. Along with a Warlock helping the strike force her and her sisters moved quickly deeper and deeper into the strong hold of the Inuqistor. then suddenly something that was unforseen threat. a Callduis assassin had killed the warlock eariler on in the misson and had been poseing as the Warlock for most of the misson killing members of the strike force in the chaos of the attack.

Fianlly forced to confort the assassin Lieath was allready tired but she was able to tap into her psyhic abilties which had stayed relatively repressed. able to get the farseer away form the inquistor the farseer took her under his wing and begun to educate her along the path of the seer.

Lieath is often in the wraith bone forest with he shineing spear rather then casting the runestones to see into the future she has put runestones along the shaft of her spear and after conncetrating her power into them during different martial drills she is able to see glimpse's of the future.

hows that sound to every one?

marineowar
06-03-2006, 05:39
I'm not going to join this rpg. I just can't get into the Eldar thing at the moment. maybe next time.

marineowar

Slazton
06-03-2006, 16:15
Shame Marineowar, oh well. So Xavier can you give me an idea of what I am waiting on and who I am waiting on?

I would like more people to join, so recruit more people please if you can!

Commander X
06-03-2006, 16:39
Wow, this is actually going somewhere. (I didn't really look at first, in fear of a deja vu from the last thread.)

I think I will join up, but only if I can come up with something original to RP as.

Xavier
06-03-2006, 17:48
Not too sure Ive got my own rpg to worry about now So do your own recruiting ;)

Thane McHammer
Lord Setra
vforvenator
diddimz (Posted)
Bmaxwell (Posted)
Xavier (Posted)
The Silver Crosses (Posted)
Tanith Ghost (Posted)
Commander X

vforvenator
07-03-2006, 18:31
Name: H'yllwess O'Naerrhyssis ('dream-speaker').
Aspect Shrine: The Howling Banshee.
Appearance: H'yllwess is of average height for one of the Eldar.
She wears lacquered black body armour, with detailing of silver, gold and mother of pearl, and a black Voice Mask, set with tears of pearl.
She sports a wavy mane of crimson hair behind a tall black-chitin tiara.
Her left armoured brassier is set with a golden tree of Autumnal red leaves, encoiled by a jade serpent, while the navel of her cuisse is inset with a nacre skull.
She wears a crimson loin-cloth, patterned by tiny golden moons and stars, while her belt is of red lizard hide, studded with frag and krak grenades, fashioned as gold and silver skulls.
She bears a vermillion sash.
She carries a quillioned power broadsword, and pearl-studded laspistol.
Her belt also bears frag and krak grenades.

H'yllwess is the only surviving scion of the House O'Naerhyssis.
Known ostensibly as internal diplomats, the House has fallen slightly out of favour over the past few centuries, as a certain era of harmonious endeavour has becalmed the ancient Houses of the Craftworld.
Her two siblings having fallen in battle as Guardians, H'yllwess is the third O'Naerhyssis is enter Aspect Shrinehood, one of revered ancestors becoming a Dire Avenger, the other a Wraithbone Singer.
H'yllwess herself had been less than an illustrious successor, prior to her taking up the Path, having married twice, the first time to the shimmer-lizard farmer Riospiccia Tarr'lthinrress, a fellow prone to melancholy whose nominal estates fared badly, and who subsequently declared himself unfit to enjoin his House to that of the noble Dream-speakers, much to his own family's umbrage. The second time to the Lady Suylliabourta Phaenmoor, an accomplished Mourner of more reliable means, but who's reluctance to take up the Path of the Wraithbone Singer, as was her obligation as 7th scion of a 7th scion of her House, rankled somewhat with H'yllwess's ardent sense of religious duty. One such argument finally crystallized her immediate course of action, and she went to the Shrine later that night.

H'yllwess has personally fought against Orks, barbarous feral humans and mercenary human pirates, and her endeavours did not go unnoticed.

This will be her fourth time in battle.

Thane McHammer
07-03-2006, 18:48
You'll have roughly 10-11 people once I get off my ass and write up my character bio.

*goes and makes tea*

The Silver Crosses
07-03-2006, 20:03
Can we start now please?

Bmaxwell
07-03-2006, 20:15
well were really tied down to when Slaz post's.

which isn't that often do to rl internet issue's

Slazton
08-03-2006, 23:55
I just need Thane and Setra to actually post a character and then we can actually go somewhere with this. As to my net connection, I am currently dueling with it and well its like a one finned blind dolphin race with me as the one with no right fin and the computer is blind, the damn thing still has sonar..............(Basically it switches off sometimes and I just have to reconnect every so often.....)

Right...now I am off to see how Traitor is progressing............

The Silver Crosses
09-03-2006, 02:23
okay..but I say we start withought them and when they get in just let them jump into it.

Slazton
09-03-2006, 14:36
They have till tonight(11pm-1am my time(UK). Thane and the rest shall have till then...........

Thane McHammer
09-03-2006, 21:07
Oh, you time fiend you...

Name: Alextraz Har'Gareth
Path: Striking Scorpion

Equipment: Twin chainblades, Scorpion armour done in Craftworld colours, plasma grenades, mandiblasters.

Personal effects: His soul stone hangs on a thin chain around his neck.

One of the older Eldar of the Craftworld, Alextraz is a warrior though and through. Akin to the ancient monks of pre-Imperial Terra, he spends his time in meditation amongst the souls of the Infinity Circuit. During his waking periods, he is in the training grounds, honeing his skills amonst the other warriors. Silent and enegmatic, even by Eldar standards, he says little, though everything he does has a purpose. Every decade or so, he will take another Eldar under his tutalage, and impart some of his knowledge to them. Unlike some of his kin, he has rejected the path of the Exarch. Why is a mystery, but no one has yet questioned his actions.

Appearance: Like most most Eldar, his physique is toned and sinewy. However, because of the strength it takes to wield the chainblades, he is also much stronger than most, and has the form to show of it. Spiraling tattoos and tiny runes adorn his arms and back, tribute to his skill and age, and also a silent reminder of those lost, as each rune represents a Scorpion who died in defence of the Craftworld. His hair is long and flaxen, the colour of a ravens wing, and his fine face is graced with almond eyes of a fair green. Pointed ears draw balance between his high cheekbones, and slender, but powerful fingers are clean and uncalloused.

Slazton
10-03-2006, 01:16
Name: Farseer Elui Cython
Class: Farseer
Weapons:Duel Witch Blades and a shuriken pistol.
Pyshic Powers: Mainly uses foreshadowing abilities and can use Destrutor power
Appearance: Farseer robes in a dark earthy green with a copper tint to the edges. He wears a helmet that is a dark blue and has the Rune of Isha upon it. Underneath it, he is handsome and has dark red eyes and very pale flesh.
Background: When Elui Cython was able to chose a Path, he joined the Scorpion Path and trained as a Striking Scorpion. His fightings skills were unmatched and he was a powerful fighter, using the duel chain swords to great effect. He became a champion when he slew a Dark Eldar Wytch King in armed combat and it was then Cython realised his true Path.

Upon killing the Wytch King, Cython was soon haunted with visions of the Wytch King's lover seeking him out to destroy him. Soon his vision came true when Cython and his fellow Scorpions were within a battle with the vile enemy of Chaos and she attempted to kill him. After defeating her, Cython was taken upon the Farseer path at the age of 67 and from there he has trained every day in the art of reading the future and combat. His Warrior spirit still calls to him and after killing a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with his Seer Council, the Master of Garden of Isha presented Cython with the duel witch blades forged by the greatest weaponsmith upon the Craftworld.

Cython is left alone and rarely has visions, but when he has visison, they are listened to as they are usually of grave importance and these recent visions can only lead to darkness and death for his Craftworld and others of his kin. Cython has now acted upon the visions and intends to assinate the Dark Eldar Prince before it is too late and its vile visisons come to fruitation.

RPG up tomorrow...too tired........

The Silver Crosses
10-03-2006, 16:18
(Wow that is quite a teaser. Very cool character Slatzon.)

Slazton
12-03-2006, 13:31
Posted the thread. Lets begin

Xavier
12-03-2006, 17:38
About bloody time

Thane McHammer
20-03-2006, 17:27
Right...I'm back from the Orient....

Slaz, if you've got PMs to send to me, send 'em soon, before I go into comatose due to jet-lag....

Xavier
20-03-2006, 20:08
You suck thane :( Get posting

vforvenator
21-03-2006, 15:08
Let's use this thread for Out of Character stuff, so as not to clog up the main one. And less flaming like that, Xavier, it's what killed the Space Marine RPG before it even began.

Slazton
21-03-2006, 16:06
Xavier and Thane are bum buddies, so its okay for them to annoy one another.

I do agree, this is the OoC stuff and I recomend people using it....

vforvenator
21-03-2006, 17:08
Thanks, my liege. I still think Cyrath was a way better name than Cryton... but hey ho.
All: Came across two Eldar lanuage sources in WH40K Background Board, by the way, courtesy of Sildani:
www.teuton.org/~stranger/ELDAR/English-Eldar.html

http://www.eldaronline.com/rasmus/wh/e/lingo.html

Xavier
22-03-2006, 17:38
You suck aswell :mad:

Yea, I can annoy thane all I like within reason.. ;)

Thane McHammer
22-03-2006, 17:39
Ah, yes. But I top in this relationship, so play nice, you pillow-biter.

:P

vforvenator
22-03-2006, 17:40
Xavier: Well that's jolly nice, isn't it? And to think my character fancied yours, you sook.

Xavier
22-03-2006, 17:40
Reported :( (meant thane..)

and ew.. arent you a banshee

Thane McHammer
22-03-2006, 17:42
Xaviar, you need thicker skin :angel:

vforvenator
22-03-2006, 18:19
Well this mature so far, I must say. :angel:
Slazton: how free are we to come up with fluff on the Imperial planet in question? Once we reach it, I mean. And what is it called?

Xavier
22-03-2006, 19:53
Thane you need a thinner head ;)

Thane McHammer
22-03-2006, 19:55
Thane you need a thinner head ;)

That makes no sense. What so ever.

You're really scraping here, Andy.

*patpat*

Xavier
22-03-2006, 20:02
Your just too thick to get it ;)

The Silver Crosses
23-03-2006, 02:14
Seriously stop fighting. Why don't you just co-operate. Fighting over a fictional online rp is really really stupid. If you have a dispute put both ideas up and comprimise.

Tanith Ghost
23-03-2006, 05:31
Well this mature so far, I must say. :angel:
Slazton: how free are we to come up with fluff on the Imperial planet in question? Once we reach it, I mean. And what is it called?

I second this question. I nedd to know as it may pertain to my character's past.

And vforventator, for the record, there was a 40% chance of my character fancying your banshee. I eventualy decided a languid not a care in the world typr like Ulrik wouldn't like a high strung soap opera character though.:p :wtf: :chrome: (If you can figure out what that combo of smilies means, more power to you).

Thane McHammer
23-03-2006, 06:48
Seriously stop fighting. Why don't you just co-operate. Fighting over a fictional online rp is really really stupid. If you have a dispute put both ideas up and comprimise.

We're not fighting. We're mildly ribbing one another. And think our arguments are based upon eachother, not the RP.

At least we're good natured and jovial, unlike some....:eek:

- THane

Slazton
23-03-2006, 11:27
Hmm I will give an opening post onto the Imperial world and what not....I need to look through my notes and stuff (I didn't have them on me when I did the 'briefing post')......

So give me a few days and we'll be going somewhere....

Also Xavier poke Diddimz, its the only way to get him to post ;)

vforvenator
23-03-2006, 12:47
And vforventator, for the record, there was a 40% chance of my character fancying your banshee. I eventualy decided a languid not a care in the world typr like Ulrik wouldn't like a high strung soap opera character though.:p :wtf: :chrome: (If you can figure out what that combo of smilies means, more power to you).
Your character leers at my character, my character sneers back... enter a servitor? Sounds more like a sitcom than a soap.
V.

Wiseman
23-03-2006, 12:52
Hmm I will give an opening post onto the Imperial world and what not....I need to look through my notes and stuff (I didn't have them on me when I did the 'briefing post')......

So give me a few days and we'll be going somewhere....

Also Xavier poke Diddimz, its the only way to get him to post ;)

Oi Git, Quiet you!! i'll post in due time:)

Slazton
23-03-2006, 13:10
It was a tease D.......

Aren't eldar bi-sexual anyway? I imagine them being quite 'free' lol.

Wiseman
23-03-2006, 13:41
i know it was a tease, which is why i didnt have that post reported to mods (not that i'd have a leg to stand on):D:P

Slazton
23-03-2006, 13:54
He's cute isn't he people? :D

Xavier
23-03-2006, 18:07
Eldar are bi sexual, excellent, crazy naked banshee exodite thing coming up..

on another note, DIDDY POST YOUR DAMN OGRE

Tanith Ghost
23-03-2006, 18:22
Be aware there will be much sarcastic commentary from the path of the outcast peanut gallery. :p This is an RPG, not eldar gone wild.

Xavier
23-03-2006, 18:31
Eldar gone wild :p

vforvenator
03-04-2006, 17:34
OutOfCharacter:
This thing is still running, people, isn't it?

Eldar are bi sexual, excellent, crazy naked banshee exodite thing coming up..That's the plan, boy, that's the plan.

Xavier
03-04-2006, 17:37
Im still in it... just waiting for somthing to happen, slaz has probably buggered off like he usually does.

So, while we wait wanna have the sexors?!

Bmaxwell
03-04-2006, 20:15
Yea Slaz is M.I.A at the moment.

Tanith Ghost
06-04-2006, 06:37
Sombody post to keep it on page one. I'll be annoyed if I have to bump the thread. :mad:

vforvenator
09-04-2006, 15:15
Come on Mr S. - there's people waiting to be crucified out 'ere.