PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point WoC. Probably none too competitive...

MindSlave
21-07-2010, 04:47
Righto, here's the plan for the WoC army I've started (see sig).

The list is designed the way I've always seen Chaos Warriors, and (up to a point) around the models available. I can't abide Marauder models, and they don't fit with my vision of WoC, so they're notably absent from my force.

Enough talk, onto the list.

2000 Points

Heroes

Exalted Hero
Daemonic Mount
Shield
Chaos Runesword

Exalted Hero
Battle Standard
Halberd
Banner of the Gods

Core

15 Warriors of Chaos
Shields
Hand Weapons
Full Command

15 Warriors of Chaos
Shields
Hand Weapons
Full Command

10 Warhounds
Scaly Skin

Special

10 Chosen
Shields
Additional Hand Weapons
Full Command

5 Chaos Knights
War Banner
Full Command

Rare

Chaos Warshrine

Chaos Giant

Total Points - 1979

I might well give the BSB a Barded Steed, so he can scoot around to give the benefit of his banner to those who need it.
Plus, the Giant is a bit wobbly. Might spend the points upping the WoC to twenty odd instead.

Anyway, there it is. What do you guys reckon?
For the record, I've been out for the last few years, so haven't played a game since 5th edition! So, of course, have no idea how this would fare on the bloody fields o battle...

Paraelix
21-07-2010, 04:53
Your vision of a Chaos Warrior army is for a handful of warriors to sally forth from the Chaos Wastes?

MindSlave
21-07-2010, 05:11
Let's be honest, one cannot realistically get a bloody great horde for 2000 points...

To clarify, my "vision" is all about chaos warriors proper, not marauders/marauder horsemen (although the horsemen models are lovely!)
More of a fluffy army than one designed purely to win.

Gorak
21-07-2010, 06:04
I agree with you mindslave the maurders on foot are just ugly! i would drop the chosen the crazy expensive banner on the bsb,the giant and scaly skin on the warhounds(not worth points) get a hellcannon(if you can) some more bodies and marks on the warriors(khorne,tzeentch and nurgle are all good) split the hound into two units or get 5 more and have 3 units for warmachine hunting and last but not least a warshirne or two.(so you can still have chosen!)