Musician, Standard Bearer
[318]

Rare:
Helstorm Rocket Battery
[115]

Helstorm Rocket Battery
[115]

[2999]

Looking for some critique and last minute ideas before I get going with it.

Gorak
21-07-2010, 06:09
just wondering about the knights the rest of your army seems to be sit back while the knights aren't...counter charge? I would sugest adding some handgunners in instead of the knights.

Heimagoblin
21-07-2010, 06:12
I think your 3rd state trooper block will be redundant so either swap them out for another unit of knights or buy the other blocks detachments of missile troops ( in blocks of 6(3x2))so they do not use much space.

em_en_oh_pee
21-07-2010, 06:16
just wondering about the knights the rest of your army seems to be sit back while the knights aren't...counter charge? I would sugest adding some handgunners in instead of the knights.

Yea, they are a heavy counter-assault unit. Also, the army is not too static. I think HGunners would make it even less mobile.

Lord Kalhadron
21-07-2010, 10:50
What about swapping the warrior priest for another archlector?

em_en_oh_pee
22-07-2010, 03:34
That is worth considering, actually. I can toss that Greatswords detachment and be able to afford it, most likely. That I will surely test out. Thanks!

em_en_oh_pee
01-08-2010, 08:09
Lord:
Arch Lector of Sigmar
Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might, Van Horstmann's Speculum, War Altar
[291]

Wizard Lord
Level 4, Rod of Power, Holy Relic
[285]

Hero:
Captain of the Empire
Battle Standard Bearer, Biting Blade, Armor of Meteoric Iron
[105]

Master Engineer
[65]

Master Engineer
[65]

Warrior Priest of Sigmar
Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon
[144]

Core:
(45) Halberdiers [5x9]
Full Command
[245]

(18) Swordsmen Detachment [6x3]
[108]

(45) Halberdiers [5x9]
Full Command
[245]

(18) Swordsmen Detachment [6x3]
[108]

(15) Swordsmen Detachment (Greatswords) [5x3]
[90]

(10) Knights [5x2]
Great Weapons, Full Command
[270]

Special:
Mortar
[75]

Mortar
[75]

Mortar
[75]

Great Cannon
[100]

Great Cannon
[100]

(30) Great Swords [5x6 or 6x5]
[318]

Rare:
Helstorm Rocket Battery
[115]

Helstorm Rocket Battery
[115]

[2994]

Revised! Any thoughts?!

Odlox
01-08-2010, 11:55
List looks great.

I too would drop the knights (or some of them) to take some more shooting. But i would get crossbowmen. That extra range is superb.

I would also drop the biting blade on the BsB and get Dawnstone. I know its a bit standard, but AoMI + Dawnstone is a very good combo for a BsB.

PurpleSun
02-08-2010, 00:51
My local shop owner insists that Ard Boyz will be played with 7th Edition. Have you confirmed that it will be 8th? Your list is obviously for 8th.

Phytrion
02-08-2010, 02:47
My local shop owner insists that Ard Boyz will be played with 7th Edition. Have you confirmed that it will be 8th? Your list is obviously for 8th.

There is no way this would be a rational decision. 8th edition will be out for more than a month and a half by the time the first qualifier takes place - GW would be asking us to revert back to an old edition? No way.

em_en_oh_pee
02-08-2010, 03:15
List looks great.

I too would drop the knights (or some of them) to take some more shooting. But i would get crossbowmen. That extra range is superb.

I would also drop the biting blade on the BsB and get Dawnstone. I know its a bit standard, but AoMI + Dawnstone is a very good combo for a BsB.

Oh wow, yea. Dawnstone all the way.

Sadly, I like the Knights. They give me a solid counter-assault unit that has a nice save and with low initiative anyhow, those Great Weapons will be suitable and cause some damage. If they start to look weak in testing, I will see about more shooting. However, I really want to be more mobile than the static gunline lists.

As for 'Ard Boyz - pretty sure GW has even said it is 8th Edition. Might want to call them up or go elsewhere, if that TO insists on 7th, which does seem absurd!

Drek
02-08-2010, 03:56
The Ard Boyz packet says they are using 7th edition rules. Tis why I am not entering personally.

em_en_oh_pee
02-08-2010, 04:07
The Ard Boyz packet says they are using 7th edition rules. Tis why I am not entering personally.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=500011a

Bottom of grid:

"* The 2010 Fantasy 'Ard Boyz will use the new edition of the Warhammer rules."

So, that clears that up entirely.

Lord Inquisitor
02-08-2010, 04:13

It's clearly just last year's packet. Look at The dates or what it says about the skaven army book.

Romulus68
02-08-2010, 17:01
I lean towards better protection on the BSB, give him the Armor of Destiny. The BSB is VERY important and deserves a Ward Save.

Empire can get three 4+ Ward Saves magic items (not counting Altar, etc).....Armor of Destiny, Holy Relic and Talisman of Protection.

em_en_oh_pee
03-08-2010, 04:01
I am bumping him to the Dawnstone + AoMI, actually. That should be suitable. I don't expect many people with the ability to defeat his saves getting into contact with him, as long as I use the rest of my army properly.

Jind_Singh
03-08-2010, 04:26
I don't see the value in the 2 engineers personally - sure if there was one on a steed with pigeon bombs I'd see it, he can attack small units AND drop bombs on people - these two are sadly wasted for their small contribution to the war-machines.
For their points you'd be so much better off with 10 huntsmen - they look great and have a vital role as scouts are just so much better in 8th then ever before!
I would also drop a single Knight and make that warrior Priest have a barded warhorse -that gives you the all important hatred for that expensive unit, they also need a war banner by the way AND if he can cast it he'll make the unit unbreakable! So they are a great unit to hold up the enemy, kill the enemy, and gives your infantry time to advance!

em_en_oh_pee
03-08-2010, 05:43
That is a playstyle thing, I think, JS. I am not planning on having the Cavalry advance, but instead linger back to act as a counter-assault unit. The infantry will move up, while the warmachines pound the enemy into a pulp. The Knights can hit flanks and rears and generally cause headaches for units that get in close. The Priest will be in the Great Swords, giving them Hatred. That unit will force its way up the center, as my anchor.

The Engineers will help keep my warmachines going strong. It is a small point investment for the two and if in testing it seems useless, I can toss in another Warrior Priest or some such.

On the note about BSB equipment, I am thinking about doing a swap between the WP and the BSB. That means a 4+ Ward for the BSB, who is vital, and the re-rollable 1+ goes to the WP.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

For the sake of testing, I wanted to have an Engineer-less list, so I took some advice from Jind and put this together.

Lord:
Arch Lector of Sigmar
Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Biting Blade, Van Horstmann's Speculum, War Altar
[281]

Wizard Lord [Halberdiers]
Level 4, Rod of Power, Holy Relic
[285]

Hero:
Captain of the Empire [Halberdiers]
Battle Standard Bearer, Armor of Destiny
[120]

Warrior Priest of Sigmar [Great Swords]
Great Weapon, Dawnstone, Armor of Meteoric Iron
[144]

Warrior Priest of Sigmar [Knights]
Barded Warhorse, Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, Talisman of Preservation
[157]

Core:
(45) Halberdiers [5x9]
Full Command
[245]

(15) Swordsmen Detachment [5x3]
[90]

(45) Halberdiers [5x9]
Full Command
[245]

(15) Swordsmen Detachment [5x3]
[90]

(15) Swordsmen Detachment (Greatswords) [5x3]
[90]

(10) Knights [5x2]
Great Weapons, Full Command
[270]

Special:
Mortar
[75]

Mortar
[75]

Mortar
[75]

Great Cannon
[100]

Great Cannon
[100]

(30) Great Swords [10x3]
[318]

Rare:
Helstorm Rocket Battery
[115]

Helstorm Rocket Battery
[115]

[2991]

Jind_Singh
03-08-2010, 06:52
It's a solid list - I'd still consider dropping something and go with huntsmen - just seen those guys do too many great things game after game to leave home without them!!!