PDA

View Full Version : Disruption

BrotherNefarius
21-07-2010, 13:34
Hi,

I was wondering... me and a friend played a game last w-e, and we came to a situation that his Bloodthirster was flanking one of my units... We looked through BRB and it seems that only 2 ranks of 5 models can disrupt a flank (eliminating rank bonus).

Kind of weird when a Bloodthirster cause less trouble than 10 goblins...

Did i miss a rule somewhere?

shelfunit.
21-07-2010, 13:38
Nope - all is as you read. Only ranks can break ranks now.

T10
21-07-2010, 13:51
On the other hand, a common ranked infantry unit will have a static combat resolution of +4 (+1 banner, +3 ranks). The unit charging their flank starts out with +2 (+1 charging, +1 flank). The starting difference there is merely 2 points! And the enemy doesn't get his supporting attacks against you.

If this flanking unit is a Blood Thirster then he is going to cause a helluva lot of wounds.

-T10

shelfunit.
21-07-2010, 15:50
On the other hand, a common ranked infantry unit will have a static combat resolution of +4 (+1 banner, +3 ranks). The unit charging their flank starts out with +2 (+1 charging, +1 flank). The starting difference there is merely 2 points! And the enemy doesn't get his supporting attacks against you.

If this flanking unit is a Blood Thirster then he is going to cause a helluva lot of wounds.

-T10

...And until he can get this unit below 5 models he is going to be tar-pitted by steadfast ;)