PDA

View Full Version : 500 point army advice.

bfeijter
21-07-2010, 18:25
Hello all,

I recently started collecting/playing warhammer.
To get a feel for some diffrent armies i bought some stuff from lizard men, skaven and woodelves.

Could u guys give me some advice on 500 points army build ups of those 3 armies?

thanks in advance

SilentCivilian
21-07-2010, 20:19
Sadly 2 of the armies listed you will struggle to get a real feel for at 500pts. Both Lizards and Woodelves have expensive characters. So will chew into 500pts quickly.

My opinion for the armies you have listed would be this.

Lizards a good solid block of Saurus backed up by a unit or 2 of skinks with a Saurus hero and if you have the points a skink priest for a little magic defence.

Wood elves a unit or 2 of archers prob a unit of Dryads and a spell singer. If you have points left maybe a Tree man.

Skaven at least you can start to have some fun. Clan rats and slaves are your bread and butter, with cheap characters you should be able to field a couple at least. Engineers will fill in nicely here. Doom wheels are horrible to face and prob a little ott for this size game.

I dont collect any of these armies myself but have faced them all hence i cant be more accurate. Sure others can give better advice, but just my thoughts if i was starting these armies.

Ultimate Life Form
21-07-2010, 21:11
Lizards a good solid block of Saurus backed up by a unit or 2 of skinks with a Saurus hero and if you have the points a skink priest for a little magic defence.

Uh... this I'm afraid. You won't get any more into 500 points.

Also be advised that Lizardmen really suck at low point games; I lost every single one of them. Like, miserably. So don't get discouraged. Lizards get really nasty once they hit the 2000. :)

bfeijter
21-07-2010, 22:09
thanks for the advice.

But being "elite" counts for many armies i think? HE,DE,WoC,BM,WE,LM,Dwarf spring to mind. do they all have a rough time at smaller games?
I think i have the units to stretch it to 1000 point games but defentaly not much higher.

What i was looking for was a make up.

For skaven i use:
- Chieftan nakid 45
- 30 clanrat with spears n shields, FC 170
-Warpfire thrower 70
- 20 plague monk FC 155
- 3 jezzails 60

= 500

that a decent army to start with?
Or should i drop the jez and the warpfirethrower for some ogres. or perhaps a engineer?

bfeijter
22-07-2010, 08:33
anyone pretty please