PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Ogres or Chaos Trolls

22-07-2010, 04:44
Looking to buy a 6 man regiment of monsters to try out in my army. I have just recently acquired 4 Dragon Ogres with Gw's in my army and now I like them. But with changes to 8th edition I heard 3x2 monsterous infantry is the cats meow. What do you guys think is the better choice. To give you an idea of where they would fit in my army I'll tell you what I already have.

18 Warriors MOK 2xHW
15 Warriors MoT HW/SHD
36 Marauders with Flails
15 Chosen with GW/Halberds
10 Knights
4 Dogres with GW
10 Marauder Horse
20 Dogs
Hell Cannon
Giant
Various Characters

Roark
22-07-2010, 04:56
Trolls are awesome in units of 6, but they do restrict where your BSB and general can go. Gotta be careful in that regard.

Alternatively, you can just stick a character in them.

I rate them above Ogres. They're a fair bit cheaper after you stick all the gear on those fatties.

Mutant Regeneration can be really really fun. "It just keeps getting stronger!! ARGHH!!"

sulla
22-07-2010, 07:04
I play DE and absolutely hate trolls. The number of times I have hit them with a bunch of hits and the end result has been to buff them beyond recognition due to a good round of regen.

Of course, you will have to bear in mind that the unit deployed opposite them in most games will have the banner of eternal flame...

Ogres are really just for if you want some hammers that look different to your other hammers IMO.