PDA

View Full Version : 2k HE Hard to kill Archmage

Zaszz
22-07-2010, 17:12
The basic idea is to get a guarantee on which spells I have (toughness, regen, throne, regrowth, signature beasts), along with standard of sorcery to help cast them, and skein sliver to cast them before enemy war machines open fire.

My Arch is stacked to survive with the regen buff, throne to mitigate miscasts, immune to fire, MR1, immune to physical attacks. She goes in 1 spear unit giving it regen and MR1, while toughness buffing the other.

The BSB goes in the Phoenix Guard and signature spells them. The rest is for hitting power to add to combats, and some Eagles for re-direct / engage enemy war machines.

My units should have fair combat resolution and are really hard to kill. My Archmage should only fear a magic weapon combat character that is not using fire making it to her. Killing the Archmage with siege weapons should be impossible.

What do you guys think of the list? Also should I drop regrowth for Dwellers to add some offensive magic?

1 Archmage-Level 4, Forliath's Robe, Talisman of Fire, Seer Staff, Lore of Life
1 Noble-BSB, Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Radiant Gem of Hoeth (beasts)

25 Spears Full Command, War Standard
25 Spears Full Command

24 Phoenix Guard Full Command, Standard of Sorcery, Skein Sliver
1 Lion Chariot
7 Dragon Princes 7 Banner of Ellyrion

1 Eagle
1 Eagle

TheKingInYellow
22-07-2010, 18:59
I like it, but you don't have a ton of hitting power.

If you bring Dwellers that helps, but against high S models, I'm not sure it'e snough...

thesheriff
22-07-2010, 20:44
I would drop the chariot for some more princes, but, other than that it is a nice list