PDA

View Full Version : Space marines and chaos marines.

New_guy
22-07-2010, 17:37
So I have 2 questions.
1-Was any where written that these 2 forces had to join forces to survive in any battle?
2- Is there a chaos legion that worships tzeentch but arenít thousand sons?
Sorry for such stupid questions but I donít currently own any of there codexís and until I buy the army I want I need to know.

Son of Sanguinius
22-07-2010, 17:39
1) Not that I know of. Maybe through some kind of deceit.

2) Not a Legion, but plenty of warbands and renegade chapters. Nothing stopping you from inventing your own, either. :)

And those aren't stupid questions. Versus questions are stupid questions.

New_guy
22-07-2010, 17:45
I like 2 armies the marines and chaos marines and was wandering if I could mixed so that I could use for them the chaos or marine codex.

Son of Sanguinius
22-07-2010, 17:48
In friendly games, mixing units from the Codecies depends on your friends. You'll never do it in anything competitive.

The Space Marine codex is better, in terms of creating effective lists, than the Chaos Space Marine codex, in my opinion.

FlashGordon
22-07-2010, 18:05
Make a renegade space marine chapter that still follows codex patterns(like Soul drinkers) using Codex SM.

New_guy
22-07-2010, 18:23
I have made up my own chapter :)
I play only friendly game; I played a few games using the chaos codex and was happy until I played with marines which were much better. But what I like in the chaos is that they can get daemon prince. (And Horus, my favorite character)

Lupe
22-07-2010, 18:37
Well, I would assume Chaos and Codex marines might call it a truce if a large enough xenos threat emerged, but it would be pretty short lived.

Mainly, it's the Tyranids and necrons that could possibly scare veteran marines of both flavors into a ceasefire. However, don't underestimate the contempt both harbor for the Eldar and Orks as well.

Also, a rival Chaos warband might prompt a temporary cooperation.

Either of those, however, wouldn't even last until the last enemy is dead...

Collinsas
22-07-2010, 21:28
The Knights of Blood have decided to help there loyalist progenitor chapter the blood Angles is there current crisis (the Knights of blood can be found in both the Chaos space marine codex and the blood angles codex, they arenít listed as any given allegiance thou, but given the fact that their chaos colour scheme has a Juggernaut of Khorn as their new Chapter Flash one can assume that they are well at one with the blood god).

Post note: There is the possibility that these are not the same chapter but just bear the same name.

Mage
22-07-2010, 22:54
Regarding the Knights of Blood in the Blood Angles book, even if they are not the chaos ones and its a mistake or coincidence, they are still renegades in the imperium.

ashc
23-07-2010, 07:43
It sounds like the OP is hankering for some renegades. Look up the Red Corsairs and see what you think of them.

Linky for some info: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Corsairs

New_guy
23-07-2010, 08:06
I really liked the background for them. For my taste they have a personality like the alpha legion.

ashc
23-07-2010, 08:16
If they interest you you may want to check out the Badab War resource that Bell of Lost Souls put together; I think this is excellent for a fan-made piece, they took many parts of the previous background on the marine civil war and updated it, and even expending it in parts. It gives you some different levels of marine loyalty; loyalists, the rebels who followed Blackheart, and then Blackheart's corruption to Chaos.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20419317/Badab-War-Campaign-By-Bell-of-Lost-Souls

New_guy
23-07-2010, 13:52
ashc, thx for the link! It was very helpful! Know I have some interest in red scorpions :)

ashc
23-07-2010, 14:05
Red Scorpions are a very cool, very loyalist chapter, who also happen to have a wonderful range available from forgeworld: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Red_Scorpions?filter_reset=1

I am becoming some kind of link fiend!

Mannimarco
23-07-2010, 14:36
Space marines allying up with chaos marines to form a united front against a foe that neither could defeat on their own? What do you think this is? blood angels and necrons vs the tyranids?

Red scorpions also have some decent rules out there but you would be giving up on a lot of stuff from the codex to use them.

New_guy
23-07-2010, 15:38
I also liked the star phantoms. They color scheem is very cool!But when I saw them a was a little bit disapointed since my own chapter was made with the same colours...