PDA

View Full Version : 2250 - CC Dwarfs

garrr
22-07-2010, 17:54
During 7th I played a really boring gunline. It worked decently but I don't think anyone had a fun game against it, and I sure hated sitting back and shooting. In my opinion Dwarfs should go to their enemies with massive hammers swinging. Now with 8th edition, the door for close combat dwarfs is open. So I'm trying to find the best combat dwarfs list I can for a GT that's coming up in October. I have two potential lists, one with a BSB with MRoValaya - who will try rely on other combat heroes for protection, the other with a more tooled BSB that will be able to take some hits.

List 1:

BSB (190)
MRoValaya

Lord (293)
MRoSmiting, RoCleaving, RoFury, RoStone, Shield, Shieldbearers

Runesmith (129)
GW, MRoBalance, RoStone

Thane (139)
MRoGromril, MRoKragg, RoFury, Great Weapon

22 Longbeards (309)
Shields, Std, Muso, 2xRoSanctuary, MRoGrungi

25 Warriors (265)
Great Weapons, Std, Muso

25 Warriors (265)
Great Weapons, Std, Muso

18 Hammerers (246)
FC

15 Miners (180)
Std, Muso

15 Miners (180)
Std, Muso

2246 Total, 124 Dwarfs
The strategy for these guys is simple - charge at my enemy, and have lots of great weapons packed into a lot of angry dwarfs. The BSB and Runesmith go into the longbeards, protected by the combat thane. The lord goes into the hammerers, and the battle line is Warrs - Beards - Hammers - Warrs, with the miners coming from behind to get rear charges and take out warmachines.

List 2:

Lord (290)
MRoSmiting, RoCleaving, RoFury, RoStone, Shieldbearers

BSB (165)
RoFury, RoResistance, MRoGromril

Thane (144)
RoStone, MRoKragg, 2xRoFury

Runesmith (129)
GW, MRoBalance, RoStone

Runesmith (120)
2xRoSpellbreaking

28 Warriors (295)
Std, Muso, GW

28 Warriors (295)
Std, Muso, GW

23 Longbeards (291)
Shields, Muso, Std

20 Hammerers (308)
Muso, Std, MRoGrungi

18 Miners (213)
Muso, Std

2250 Total, 122 Dwarfs

Similar strategy, Thanes go with the beards and Lord+Smiths go with the hammers.

Is either list viable? Any suggestions? Will a warmachine list be able to do well against most opponents or will it get torn up? I figure with either Valaya+Balance or Balane+Spellbreaking I should do well in the magic phase, and Grungi will shield everything decently from ranged. Also with the 2d6 charge I should get into combat a bit faster than I would in 7th. Then 122-124 angry dwarfs with lots of great weapons start hitting. Thoughts?

Thanks,
garrr