PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Point Clan Skryre List (2nd Attempt)

Gmaleron
23-07-2010, 04:27
Alright everyone here is my second attempt at a 2500 point skaven list. Again i want to thank everyone that offered advice and tips from before and i encourage all of those who didnt to do the same. I am a new skaven player so i welcome all advice and tips. Tell me what you think and thanks again mates!

LORDS: (560pts.)

-Ikit Claw

-Warlord
w/ WAW, Warpstone Armor

HEROES: (265pts.)

-Chieftain BSB
w/ Poisoned attacks, Shield

-Warlock Engineer
w/ Lvl. 1 Wizard, Warp Energy Condenser

-Warlock Engineer
w/ Lvl. 1 Wizard, Dispel Scroll

CORE: (1235pts.)

-x30 Stormvermin (*With Ikit*)
w/ Full Command, Warpfire Thrower

-x25 Clanrats (*With Warlord*)
w/ Full Command, Spears and Shields, Warpfire Thrower

-x25 Clanrats (*With BSB*)
w/ Full Command, Spears and Shields, Warpfire Thrower

-x25 Clanrats (*With Warlock Engineer*)
w/ Full Command, Spears and Shields, Ratling Gun

-x25 Clanrats (*With Warlock Engineer*)
w/ Full Command, Spears and Shields, Ratling Gun

-x50 slaves

-x50 slaves

SPECIAL: (260pts.)

-x6 Warplock Jezzails
w/ x1 Sharpshooter

-x6 Warplock Jezzails
w/ x1 Sharpshooter

RARE: (180pts.)

-Warplightning Cannon

-Warplightning Cannon

This list comes out to 2500 points exactly. I feel that this will be a much more competitive list due to the fact i have so many infantry at my disposal and alot of cheap Heroes. Overall this is the idea with this list:

-Alot of cheap heroes to increase my squads leadership and offensive capabilities.

- Plan is to have my two massive slave units bog down the oppositions tough units (running 2 units of 5x10) and then shoot the hell out of them.

-I took 4 clanrat squads (5x5) to increase the number of heavy weapon teams in my army and for numbers.

-The Stormvermin acting as Ikit's bodyguard and the Special and Rare choices was what i had before just modified a little to fill in the points.

I am also toying with the idea of dropping the 2 clanrat units with ratling guns and replace them with 2 doomwheels and fill the other 2 clanrat squads out as much as i can. Would this be a smarter idea to do with this list or should keep it as it is? Tell me what you think and thanks again mates.

Rosstifer
23-07-2010, 05:09
Looks pretty good but have you noticed you've put your warlord under heroes? Might have to shift around a few things with the % restrictions.

Also Consider swapping out one or both WLC for one or 2 Doomwheels. Fits the fluff just as well but they are a bit more cost efficient.

Gmaleron
23-07-2010, 05:15
Edited and im still okay. In 2500 points you need 625 for 25% so im a decent chunk of points under. And ive never seen a doomwheel in action, how are they more cost efficient the warplightning cannons?

Rosstifer
23-07-2010, 05:23
Well... Terror, Impact Hits, 3x Lightning Shots does d6 wounds and hit the nearest unit making it a great monster killer, Immune to Psych, Can't take Charge Reactions against it, does more Grindy Impact hits in CC, s6, t6 all for 150pts!!!!!!!! Awesome model too which always helps.

Rogzor87
23-07-2010, 06:01
I would drop the Champions in the units myself. The +1 attack isn't much for skaven. In addition, if you get challenged you can make the hero hide in the back and not die and still give the LD bonus instead of sending it to die or the Champion to give your opponent more CR.

Other then that yes the doom wheels are a better choice then the WPL but you want to keep your enemy closer to it then your army. It will auto hit whatever is closest to it with 3 lightning shots Doesn't even need LoS to do so.

Eisenhorn
23-07-2010, 06:36
like Rogzor 87 said i would drop champions in the unites and the spears on your clan rats as they are more survivable with just hand weapons and shields plus its cheaper.

withe points left over i would get a unit of poison wind globadiers as they can be very handy. Even though you have jezzails. Globadiers can get into places that jezzails cant and they can fire into any combat.

senorcardgage
23-07-2010, 14:57
Do you guys not think that plagueclaw catapults are the way to go now? It seems like they would be extremely useful with their ability to deal with hordes...

Eisenhorn
23-07-2010, 17:01
Well they are in a way. But we play skyre which means no clan pestilens. however if it was a poison wind catapult thingy then it would be okey. And for hordes we have the infamous WFT

senorcardgage
23-07-2010, 17:19
Okay, you're right. I forgot that he/she was going with the skryre theme!

Casshole
23-07-2010, 18:19
I too built a Skryre army- my list is similar to yours in a lot of ways.

My characters are Ikit, WArlord on litter, BSB, Chietain, and lvl 1 warlock. I keep the warlord close to Ikit, although he is a abad ass he is also ~400 points.

The extra warlock is not really that good, in my experience i rarely get enough PD to use ikits 3 spells + uber awesome Storm daemon. They also have the same LD as the clanrats and worse than all bu naked CRs in close combat.

There are many good protective items in the new book that would be advisable, epecially the irconcurse icon and obsidian pendant, both are cheap and effect the whole unit the character is in.

I would not take out the unit champs, they are going to save your units from characters that will otherwise wipe out your ranks. 4 poiints to hold up a Blood thirster for one turn, yes please.

Never underestimate the power of slings on your slaves. I put them in a three story building and they double tapped 60 shots a turn. Also when one slave unit gets bogged in combat, the other can just sling into the other combat, and since the faq you no longer hit your own guys!

The fluff of the Catapult is fine, as clan skryre basically built it for them. Im going to make mine ouf of scrap metal to give it the Skryre feel and slaves for the crew.

Jezzails are huge point sinks IMO. Less than half the unit will hit in most situations, and cannot move and fire to deal with changing threats.Globadiers are half the cost and way more maneuverable. Against high T monsters with good armor they are ven better and can shoot into combats with your clanrats and sv. Also the Mortar can move and shoot.

I would add at least one Doomwheel, as it is Ikit Klaws personal creation. I field two, mostly cause I got my hands on the old school one. If i didnt have it i would only run 1 haha.

Not a big fan of the ratling guns, I would drop the two of the clanrats units and beef up the storm vermin and two other clan rat units, keep them with WFT.

The SV can take a magic banner, i think the Storm banner is kinda gamey but could be wonderful for counterin warmachines. The banner of clan superiority is a personal favorite, tho there are so many new magic standards that I have yet to test many of them.

And dont forget, even if you kill five slaves with a warp fire thrower and 3 of the other guys, you are probly still on top point wise.

senorcardgage
23-07-2010, 19:44
since the faq you no longer hit your own guys!.

I didn't see that, can you explain how you got this?

thesheriff
23-07-2010, 20:44
I would suggest, simply for the extra +1 for dispel and the ability to take the 13th spell and some of the better plague spells, to consider a Grey Seer. Although it's not entirly fluffy, a skaven army is rarley complete without a Lv.4 rat. Plus, it will let you cast some spells if Ikit loses consentration.
i would drop the warlord for this, or maybe downgrade him to a cheiftain and a drop one of the warlocks. And i would also swap the dispel scroll for the doom rocket. It fits the theme perfectly.

Also, i would write up the list again, inlcuding some doomwheels (2 at least, personally at 3k) and all the afformed tweaks suggested.

thesheriff

Woden'sGrugni
24-07-2010, 08:37
List looks decent mate, drop the other warlock engineer and maybe add a doomflayer, those seem pretty interesting and worth trying out.

Gmaleron
24-07-2010, 19:04
Thanks again for all the help guys. I have taken all your ideas into account and will be reposting this list for a third time to try and narrow down what i want. After trying out the doomwheel it is apparent i want one or two. Thanks again guys.