PDA

View Full Version : What is the best set up for a Choas Lord Mark of Khorne

killerbot
23-07-2010, 15:45
Hey, i am thinking of getting into playing WoC and get an army done before the new fantasy starter set comes out. having not really played against many Full Khorne armies i was wanting to give it a go.

so any tips of what a good Lord looks like would be great :D

thanks

Odin
23-07-2010, 15:50
I'm still trying to work it out myself.

Mine's on a jugger with a shield, so the shield needs to go, as it's useless. So I'm thinking I'll go for a great weapon, and a 4+ ward save to keep him safe as he can't take Look Out Sir! rolls. Shame to waste that high Initiative though.

FlashGordon
23-07-2010, 19:10
Favour, Jugger, Rendingsword and Crown of everlasting conquest. Raargh. which item gives 4+ward???

Djekar
23-07-2010, 20:25
My take is:
+ On the Jugger for the 1+ save
+ Talisman of Preservation for the 4+ ward. Sexy and necessary.
+ Halberd to keep that sexy Init. and get some extra strength going
+ Crown of Command. Stubborn LD 9 is awesome. With as well as this guy is protected you can throw him at units all by his lonesome and probably hold them up (as long as there isn't a character killer in said unit).

I am sad that I don't have a Jugger guy yet, because this is actually a really exciting build in my opinion.

Sparowl
23-07-2010, 20:50
Stream of Pesilientence (the breath weapon), Conjoined Homoculus, Wizard's Hat. On a Juggernaught.

Eta
23-07-2010, 21:30
I will try out:
Rending Sword, Helm of Many Eyes, Talisman of Preservation. Probably on a Chaos Steed with a shield.
6 ASF S5 attacks that hit most things on threes and wound many on twos or threes, re-roll to hit and re-roll to wound paired with 1+/4++ saves. Looks nice on paper.

Greetings
Eta

danny-d-b
23-07-2010, 21:35
well the other option- change the chaos armour for the heavy armour that gives the 4+ ward save, then you can still use the shield for 1+ armour save combined with the juggernought

then you still have the 4+ for the BSB say

Ophidian
23-07-2010, 21:41
Stream of Pesilientence (the breath weapon), Conjoined Homoculus, Wizard's Hat. On a Juggernaught.

Fluff be buggered :p

Kardon
23-07-2010, 21:54
It realy depends on what u want him to do and what your up against/other characters are kitted. I usually play against skaven and DE, so for me its quite vital that he is immune to KB, able to kill that pesky pendant bearer and get stuck into combat fast. Must say I rather like most of the builds posted already tho :)

so I will try this later on when I get a chance;jugger, the other trickster shard, Bronze armor of Zhrakk, Talisman of preservation, stream of corruption, halberd.

Nocculum
23-07-2010, 21:54
What's wrong with a Nurgle infested, Khornate enthused Tzeentchian Wizard painted purdy?

It's homage to all four gods, dipping his toes in all the waters and so on :p

LordoftheBrassThrone
31-07-2010, 10:24
Mines fairly cheap; lord with sword of bloodshed, barded chaos steed, charmed shield.
I run in a unit of knights with the banner of rage, so he doesnt need the mark of khorne, and the charmed shield is cheaper than a normal shield for him, and just in case he gets hit by a cannon and fails his look out sir. Comes in at less than 300 points, for 9 attacks at S5

Von Wibble
31-07-2010, 14:46
My opponent is considering Jugger, Daemon weapon, Dawnstone, shield. Not the most subtle of combinations, or the cheapest, but it certainly hits hard against any army not fielding cannons or the like.

Brady
31-07-2010, 16:22
My favourite :

- khorne lord
- jugger
- axe of khorne
- talisman of preservation
-favour of the gods.

xarnan
31-07-2010, 20:47
Did some quick mathhammer on this a couple of days ago. For the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut i would take the same offensive set up as Eta(helm of many eyes + rending sword) since it is the most offensive set up while still leaving points to defend the lord. Rounding out the Lord would then be the Talisman of Preservation or bronze armor + potion of speed. The potion of speed is to ensure ASF rerolls against enemy characters. Still not quite sure which of the two defensive lineups is the best.

For the truly offensive Khorne Lord I'd go with helm of many eyes + either Rune Sword or sword of anti heroes for maximized killage. Since there are not enough points left for sufficient magic defense he would probably need to be on foot for the Look out sir. The last magic point could probably be used efficiently but don't know how. Maybe a potion of some kind.

Cornelius

Irbian
31-07-2010, 21:19
what about axe of khorne?

Hashulaman
01-08-2010, 09:49
Juggernaut, Maybe Stream of Corruption, Talisman of Protection, GW, Helm of many eyes. Anything else is up to you, GW+ ASF helm means S7 attacks at Initiative. I am not a fan of Halberds on lords since they can afford the ASF helm and still crack helms at I7

Sparowl
01-08-2010, 12:05
What's wrong with a Nurgle infested, Khornate enthused Tzeentchian Wizard painted purdy?

It's homage to all four gods, dipping his toes in all the waters and so on :p

Fluff be buggered :p

The model would be awesome. I honestly would just start laughing manically and probably lose the game because I couldn't focus if someone put that on the table across from me.

Then again, the chaos gods would probably make all of your dice roll horribly, but god it would be funny.