PDA

View Full Version : 3000 WoC - Which list is better?

guardian angel
23-07-2010, 18:50
I'm having a hard time deciding between two similar lists, which one is better? Also any areas for improvement?

List 1:

LORD:
Lord+MoT+shield+tals o endur+HoME+axe o K=330

HEROES:
Ex hero(BSB)+MoT+shield+tals o pres+biting blade=200
Sorcerer(lvl2 - death)+pow fam+iron curse icon+3rd eye=175
Sorcerer(lvl2 - fire)+scroll+con hom=165

CORE:
17 warriors+MoK+shields+halberds+fc+rap std=369
17 warriors+MoN+shields+halberds+fc+ban o rage=384
29 marauders+MoT+la+shield+fc=214
28 marauders+MoK+gw+m+sb=182
5 warhounds
5 warhounds

SPECIAL:
6 trolls
5 knights+MoK+m=240

RARE:
2x Hellcannons

List 2:

LORD:
Sorc lord(lvl4 - shadow)+tals o pres+en shield+blood o T+shrieking blade+con hom+stream o corr=410

HEROES:
Ex hero(BSB)+MoT+shield+tals o endur+SoM=200
Sorcerer(lvl2)+MoT+spell fam+CoK+iron curse icon+3rd eye=210

CORE:
17 warriors+MoK+shields+halberds+fc+rap std=369
17 warriors+MoN+shields+halberds+fc+ban o rage=384
29 marauders+MoT+la+shield+fc=214
30 marauders+MoK+gw+fc=200
5 warhounds
5 warhounds
5 warhounds

SPECIAL:
6 trolls
5 knights+MoK+m=240

RARE:
2x Hellcannons

thesheriff
23-07-2010, 21:18
I don't understand most of the abreviations, individual wargear etc. You might want to write it out again. People are put off when they look at a post like that and find it easier to comment elsewhere.

But from what i could gather, the second list looks better. The combonation of the Sorcerer lord and taking the 3rd eye on the lv.2 is a winner. I would drop the collar of khorne and the spell familiar for the infernal puppet. If you have the 3rd eye of tzeentch, you will almost always choose the steal the spells of an enemy wizard. This makes an extra spell a bit of a waste. The puppet is always nice for the modified miscasts it brings to you and your enemy.

Also, i would sort out the combos on your warriors. I think all your marauders should have MOT and shields for the 5+ parry in combat. And all your Warriors should have MOK and halberds and shields for all the high strength and iniative attacks are the way to go in 8th.

And 2 hellcannons!!?, Nasty!

thesheriff

senorcardgage
23-07-2010, 21:27
I think you should look at combining the warhound units so that they can take away ranks.

In general, I think the second list is better.

Eta
23-07-2010, 21:47
And all your Warriors should have MOK and halberds and shields for all the high strength and iniative attacks are the way to go in 8th.

All warriors are already frenzied and are equipped with shields and halberds...

I'd go with the second list, too. Magic has become more powerful and your sorcerer lord gives you a good magic offense and defense in one model. I like your core setup and the rest of the list is fine, too.

Greetings
Eta

thesheriff
23-07-2010, 21:57
sorry, all i saw was mark of nurgle, forgot about the frenzy banner.