PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Dwarfs (Daemon Slayer lurking inside)

Kirth
24-07-2010, 04:45
2496/2500.

Daemon Slayer, Mro Smiting, Ro Might, Ro Fire.

This guy will hide as best he can using the new TLOS rules, as well as staying within 3" of friendly units to benefit from Look Out Sir! His primary targets are big gribblies. With an initiative of 5, he will strike before most monsters and simultaneously with a few. The general idea is to charge this guy in once the blocks are tied up things they cannot handle alone.

Runelord, Shield, Mro Balance, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance, Ro Cleaving, Spelleater Rune.

Here for the extra dice and the magic defense. Spelleater rune for those situations where the destructive spell is cast, but not with IF. Built to survive combat and provide a little extra CR. Also the army general.

Thane, Battle Standard Bearer, Mro Gromril, Ro Resistance, Ro Cleaving.

This guy will survive at all costs, the Thane below will accept challenges while this guy weathers the rank and file storm.

Thane, Shield, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance, Ro Snorri Spangelhelm, Ro Cleaving.

Here to protect the BSB.

Dragon Slayer.

Another lone slayer to provide a bit of deception. Having two can help downplay the threat the Daemon Slayer represents.

27 Longbeards, Great Weapons, Full Command, Mro Grungni.

Runelord and both Thanes deploy here, form up 5 wide, 6 deep. This unit is the core.

25 Warriors, Shields, Full Command.

Deploys on one flank of Longbeards.

25 Warriors, Shields, Full Command.

Deploys on the other.

10 Thunderers, Shields.

Deploys 5x2 and close as possible to benefit from Mro Grungni.

10 Quarrellers, Shields.

Does the same as Thunderers.

Cannon, Ro Forging, Ro Burning.
Cannon, Ro Forging, Ro Reloading, Ro Burning.

Cannons are a must given they now cause d6 wounds.

Grudge Thrower, Ro Accuracy, Ro penetrating, Ro Burning.

Obvious choice.

Bolt Thrower, Engineer.
Bolt Thrower, Engineer.

I don't know why I am taking these other than I like them and always used them before. While other choice are competing for these points, I like them still.

lcfr
24-07-2010, 05:36
Runelord, Shield, Mro Balance, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance, Ro Cleaving, Spelleater Rune.

I think a plain old-fashioned Runesmith is a better choice - sure, you generate one less DD and only have MRBalance and RSpellbreaker, but you're saving a ton of points that can be better spent elsewhere. Even w/1 extra DD from the Runesmith and another from the opponent's PD pool you'll still have an equal number of DD more often than not.

Thane, Shield, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance, Ro Snorri Spangelhelm, Ro Cleaving.

Use this guy as the army general - or, with the points saved from downgrading a Runelord to a Runesmith, turn this guy into a Dwarf Lord.

10 Thunderers, Shields.

10 Quarrellers, Shields.

Just my 2cents, but I think you'd be better served by exchanging these guys for a 20+ unit of Slayers - now that casualties are removed from the back ranks Slayers have become much better, and are an excellent way to tarpit units, leaving your GW-wielding units with the option to deploy wider and do the flanking. Without slots, it isn't hard to field one large unit of Slayers to hold a flank, or multiple units, especially since your two Slayer characters give you access to multiple units.

Cannon, Ro Forging, Ro Burning.
Cannon, Ro Forging, Ro Reloading, Ro Burning.

Can't recall: do the new rules for warmachines stipulate that the machine fires less frequently once some crew have been removed? In any case, I don't think the RReloading is necessary: you'll be seeing combat sooner, and your machines will probably be the target of concentrated magic/shooting that won't leave stragglers, or simply ignored since charging distances are longer.

Bolt Thrower, Engineer.
Bolt Thrower, Engineer.

With two cannons I don't think you really need these guys - why not take an Organ Gun instead?

Kirth
24-07-2010, 06:04
Ro Reloading is purely to please the rule of pride. It is the second cheapest rune I can take to get the combination of Ro Forging/Burning that I want for the war machines. Organ gun most definitely. I like the slayer idea so will consider it.