PDA

View Full Version : Final List 2.5k Lizardmen List

Lotl Botl
24-07-2010, 21:32
Hey, so after a month or so this is the list I've settled on, I love it i can play very aggressively with this army, it's been able to handle hordes and balanced list very well, tougher times with gun lines and elite armies though

*Slann: Lore of Life, BSB-Banner of Eternal Flame, Cupped Hands, Potion of Speed, Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination.

Core:
24 Saurus: Standard Bearer and Musician
12 Saurus: Musician
13 Skinks skirmishers: blowpipes, brave
13 Skinks skirmishers: blowpipes, brave

Special:
*20 Temple Guard: Musician, Standard Bearer-Huanchi's Blessed Totem, Revered Guardian-Golden Sigil sword (Initiative 10).
6 Kroxigors
9 Chameleon Skinks
7 Chameleon Skinks
5 Chameleon Skinks

Ancient Stegadon
2 Salamanders: 2 Extra Handler
Salamander: 1 Extra Handler

Blackmagic
24-07-2010, 21:48
what role are you using the scar vetern for ?

and whats the reasoning behind the banner of swiftness and the potion of speed?

steggie for me just takes up too many points but that justs personal preference!

Lotl Botl
24-07-2010, 23:58
high strength magical attacks for monsters, high AS units, or ethereal

Banner of swiftness, i don't like people trying to avoid by TG unit in CC, which has happened to often, so i've gi ven them a bunch of speed boosts to ensure they get into combats that i want and are successful on their charge

potion of speed is a new addition to help if i get purple sunned or shade pitted initiative 5 for one critical turn will save my slann just in case, he's way too important to die

steggie yeah im still debating tossing him for more chamo skinks and salamanders, but i like all the poison shots that come from it, its terror, impact hits, thunder stomp, and the fact i can heal it with all the lore of life spells i get off

Also, do you think i should change the saurus units to 24 (with SV) and 12, so one unit is big enough to take real damage and be a serious threat while i still have a unit capable of beating up smaller weak units or negating ranks?

Blackmagic
25-07-2010, 11:33
IV been wondering the same about my saurus units, im not sure 18 is big enough to get the job done, the problem with the potions is that you need to use them at the start of the turn so you can pop it in those oh **** moments ..

list looks good though, guess you just need to playtest it alot

Palantir
25-07-2010, 23:05
Also, do you think i should change the saurus units to 24 (with SV) and 12, so one unit is big enough to take real damage and be a serious threat while i still have a unit capable of beating up smaller weak units or negating ranks?

I don't think that's necessary if you have the Regrowth spell. Remember that they don't give away any points unless they all die. Small units die faster.