PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 points of Empire Infantry, 2nd Attempt.

Templar47
25-07-2010, 07:15
Well, after playing a few more 8th edition games, I had an idea I wanted to try out so after moving some stuff around, I finally was able to come up with an fluffy, Infantry styled Empire list so without further ado heres what I came up with:

*General: 146 points
-w/GW, Armor of Meteoric Iron, White Cloak

*Arch-Lector: 266 points
-w/GW, Dawn Armor, War Altar

*BSB: 98 points
-w/HW, Full Plate Armor, Enchanted Shield

*Warrior Priest #1: 100 points
-w/GW, Hvy. Armor, Shield

*Warrior Priest #2: 100 points
-w/GW, Hvy. Armor, Shield

*Engineer: 65 points
-w/HW

*(30x) Spearmen: 290 points
-w/Full Command, Shields
-Detachment of 15x Swordsmen

*(30x) Spearmen: 290 points
-w/Full Command, Shields
-Detachment of 15x Swordsmen

*(48x) Halberds: 305 points
-w/Full Command, Razor Standard (w/BSB, Warrior Priest #1)

*(10x) Crossbows: 80 points

*(38x) Great Swords: 410 points (w/General, Warrior Priest #2)
-w/Full Command

*Great Cannon: 100 points

*Great Cannon: 100 points

*Mortar: 75 points

*Mortar: 75 points

Total: 2,500 points

General idea is for the engineer to help out with the war-machines with the crossbows defending them, while both of my horde units will form up with the spearmen in support, finally w/the Arch-Lector going where he is needed most depending on my opponents set up. Only thing I'm still debating is whenever I should use the 15x man swordsmen detachments for my spearmen or one for the halberds and one for the Great Swords. Thoughts?

Gmaleron
25-07-2010, 22:22
Definitely like this list for several reasons one of them that it is pure infantry themed which fits the empire very well. However i think that your general on a gryphon would look really cool with this list as well. Maybe drop some great swords or halbadiers for some more crossbows as strength 4 at 30 inches is very good.

Templar47
26-07-2010, 03:35
I thought about the Gryphon, but decided to go with the Infantry theme instead, which fits the Empire very well in this edition. And as for the crossbows, they're mainly meant for war-machine defense but I might get more if I'm playing a 3,000 point game.