BSB (144)

15 Spearmen with FC
(160)

15 Archers with FC
(180)

8 Silver Helms with FC, Shields (224)

Great Eagle (50)

Total: 993

The Seafarer prince is to take out enemy multi-wound models. The BSB goes with spearmen. The Great Eagle is obviously to harass warmachines.

Please Comment!

TheKingInYellow
25-07-2010, 17:05
I take it that your prince is deploying as a solo character using the scout rules?

puckus10
25-07-2010, 17:07
yea, he is. i was thinking of deploying him so he can get some shots at the side of enemy ranked units if possible.

Signius
25-07-2010, 17:34
I'm fairly certain Nobles still can't take Arcane Items. Because of this, I would recommend throwing in a low level Mage for magic defense. Even at 1k people are going to be taking magic (I would take L3, personally, because I've always loved magic heavy) and you are going to want a dispel bonus of some kind.

puckus10
25-07-2010, 17:38
o thanks! Didnt know that as im kind of new to Fantasy.

puckus10
25-07-2010, 17:39
Im going to edit the list to show you guys the revised one

TheKingInYellow
25-07-2010, 17:49
Okay, I'm going to put this as bluntly as I can. Your prince is dead in turn one, period.

He has no unit to hide in, LOS is a lot easier now, and solo characters are no longer -1 to hit. Any war machine, spell, or missile fire that your enemy has will be directed at him in turn 1, and he's dead. You've just given up 335VPs, you've lost your general, and it's possible you haven't even *moved yet*.

If you want to deploy him this way I think it's a must that he's in a unit of 8+ shadow warriors, and that is a huge point sink in 1k games.

puckus10
25-07-2010, 17:54
K thnks ill definetly keep it in mind ;) Any comments on the other units?

TheKingInYellow
25-07-2010, 18:00
It's pretty solid, I lean towards one large block instead of two small for core now. Steadfast is king of the game.

35 Spears (7x5) with War Banner is my standard core unit now, and it's roughly the same points as what you have. If you want the bows, 26 LSG is another option but I find I get my points back better with Spears than LSG. Our shooting is the pits in 8th.

TheKingInYellow
25-07-2010, 18:01
Oh, and unless you are hung up on getting ranks from you Silver Helms, 6 Dragon Princes are always better than 8 Silver Helms. Better armour, two attacks, immune to fire, YES PLEASE.

Vrigor
25-07-2010, 18:13
dont forget better WS, initiative, and leadership + magic items for the champ if need be. Dragonprinces are always #1 (although i field silver helms almost every game because my favorite painted unit is my silver helms... and i hate to leave them out)

TheKingInYellow
25-07-2010, 18:17
dont forget better WS, initiative, and leadership + magic items for the champ if need be. Dragonprinces are always #1 (although i field silver helms almost every game because my favorite painted unit is my silver helms... and i hate to leave them out)

Yup. If you start with the assumption that Dragon Princes, Phoenix Guard and Swordmasters are properly priced, Silverhelms should be about 14 points, and Core units, not specials.

They *do* have a place as fast, *ranked*, flank-hitting cavalry, but in a list like yours, you need killy, and killy = Dragon Princes.

puckus10
25-07-2010, 18:26
The only problem i have with the DP's is that I dont have them and im gonna use a 1000 pt list (preferably this one) on wedsnday. What do you guys think about the BSB? I tried to keep him kind of cheap because of the 1000 pt limit. Thanks again for the input so far though!

wilsongrahams
25-07-2010, 18:33
Personally, for just 15pts extra I'd swap the Archers for Sea Guard, gaining armour and a spear for that small increase, and will then have a save, and be able to fight in three ranks - for an extra 15pts on top again you can give them shields for even better armour save.For this it may mean dropping something along the way or making the points elsewhere when doing those other changes.

Spearmen are always better than Sea Guard due to the points and you want large ranks of them, however for just 1pt extra per model, Sea Guard are always better than Archers because they are still a good combat unit whereas archers aren't.

TheKingInYellow
25-07-2010, 18:44
If you can't proxy DPs in your game, that's another whole ball of wax. Most friendly games you can proxy.

The BSB is a standard build. The Guardian Phoenix is not a bad option to add either, giving him a 2+/5+.

Vrigor
25-07-2010, 19:04
I still like putting my bsb on horse with guardian phoenix and helm of fortune (using shield and lance instead of GW) for a 2+ rerollable armour and 5+ ward.