PDA

View Full Version : banner of eternal flame

greendan
25-07-2010, 23:02
Okay, does the banner of eternal flame give the unit flaming attacks in close combat? or flaming attacks in general? ie if i give my unit of handgunners the banner do their shots count as flaming?
Also if i gave it to my BSB and he decides to join a war machine crew would the war machine benefit from flaming attacks?
:chrome:

Col. Dash
25-07-2010, 23:08
I interpret it as all attacks are flaming. I dont see why not on the warmachine crew. I anticipate this will be possibly the most common banner seen on the battlefield.

greendan
25-07-2010, 23:10
But would a cannon also benefit from the flaming attacks?

I agree, at 10pts it is a fantastic banner. My outriders/handgunners with this banner or a cannon can deal with regenerating things much easier.

Flitzz
25-07-2010, 23:16
Wasnt there a rule saying that characters cant join war machines? ;)
But your other suggestion is right, if not stated otherwise flaming attacks do count for both shooting and close combat.

greendan
25-07-2010, 23:25
I'm not sure, i only had a quick look through the rule book recently.
Is that a rule? if so, boo hoo.
But i can still have flaming handgunners, so not all is lost.

Paraelix
25-07-2010, 23:38
Characters cannot join machines. But yes, they have flaming attacks for ranged and melee.

If you really want to start stretching it... Then you would ask if it had any impact on magic cast by the unit or models inside it? :P

I am of course kidding.

Flitzz
25-07-2010, 23:44
The rules for character joining units are on page 97.
Sadly they are not made clever,
for example a character isnt able to join flying units
but he could join normal infantry units,
while having a flying mount at the same time(but not a monster since he cant join units when riding a monster). :D

Zaustus
26-07-2010, 00:32
Funny you mention the word "impact," Paraelix, since should the unit be able to inflict Impact Hits (say Ogre Ironguts or Minotaurs) then those impact hits will be flaming as well.

Paraelix
26-07-2010, 02:17
Sure... Why wouldn't it? Pg 69. Flaming attacks affect all ranged and close combat attacks but have no bearing on magic. Impact hits and Stomp/Thunderstomp are close combat attacks...

stripsteak
26-07-2010, 03:28
thunderstomp and stomp have been faq'd to not benefit from other special rules of the model

Paraelix
26-07-2010, 03:34
Oops. Missed that one >_> Rather odd ruling though...

jamano
26-07-2010, 03:43
Oops. Missed that one >_> Rather odd ruling though...

It was mostly to keep them from getting always strike first or other similar rules, I think.

Zaustus
26-07-2010, 03:51
I was just using your use of the word "impact" to segue into a tangential point. :) Not disagreeing.

Paraelix
26-07-2010, 04:07
It was mostly to keep them from getting always strike first or other similar rules, I think.

If a creature is fast... It is still fast when it jumps on you >_>

It makes more sense for stuff like poison and killing blow... Blanket rulings are a little lazy, but they do stop confusion.