PDA

View Full Version : Some rule questions

Flitzz
26-07-2010, 00:52
While reading the rb several questions made their move into my mind(not already through :shifty: ), so I wanted to share my unwisdom here. :D

The first question I have is about fleeing units, chargers and overrun:
When my enemy choses fleeing as charge reaction I would just charge the fleeing unit and destroy it (assuming I have enough charge range) - reforming allowed
When I overrun an enemy (and catch him) after cc I would just move - no reforming allowed
When I overrun an enemy after cc and reach another unit which is fleeing I would destroy this unit - reforming allowed :eek:
Is my interpretation right?

Second question is about Pegasus Knights:
They count as a unit of skirmishing, flying light cavalry?
So they have no ranks, the enemy gets -1 while shooting and they are able to perform both, vanguard and scout move?
(assuming that they would not get closer than 12 inches to an enemy)

Third Question about the skirmishing rule and single models:
The enemy would not suffer a -1 penalty to hit one Paladin on Pegasus but
he would, when a second Paladin on Pegasus joins the first one?(since a unit of two flying models would skirmish, while one would not :eyebrows:)
There is no rule saying that a single model is regarded as skirmisher?

Fourth Question about getting extra attacks and the sword of anti heroes:
Are you allowed to have more than ten attacks? On guy in my local hobby club had the idea,
to use a unit of about 30 Warlock Engineers, with one always strike first warlord carrying the sword of anti heroes, to have about 40 str 10 attacks in cc. :wtf:
(not to say that 10 str 10 attacks wouldnt be enough...)

Fifth question about challenge and positioning:
When somebody fights in a challenge is he ignored and replaced for the sake off determing who is able to fight in cc?
I am asking because Bretonnian Grail Knights in Lance formation would be able to charge and attack with nearly ever Knight,
while the enemy could only attack with three models and two supporting attacks when he is on a cavalry or large infantry base.
(assuming the first Grail Knight on the left or right of the formation would be in a challenge)

Wrenia
26-07-2010, 01:26
While reading the rb several questions made their move into my mind(not already through :shifty: ), so I wanted to share my unwisdom here. :D

So they have no ranks, the enemy gets -1 while shooting and they are able to perform both, vanguard and scout move?
(assuming that they would not get closer than 12 inches to an enemy)

NOt light Cav but fast Cav and skirmishing does not give you the scout deployment, The scout ability/keyword give it to you. But yes -1 to hit from shooting and no ranks

Flitzz
26-07-2010, 01:36
NOt light Cav but fast Cav and skirmishing does not give you the scout deployment, The scout ability/keyword give it to you. But yes -1 to hit from shooting and no ranks

Quite interesting what my mind has made up while reading. :D
Thank you for clarifing that. :angel:

Zaustus
26-07-2010, 01:56
The first question I have is about fleeing units, chargers and overrun:
When my enemy choses fleeing as charge reaction I would just charge the fleeing unit and destroy it (assuming I have enough charge range) - reforming allowed Yes, though you must pass a Leadership test to make this Reform.
When I overrun an enemy (and catch him) after cc I would just move - no reforming allowed Correct.
When I overrun an enemy after cc and reach another unit which is fleeing I would destroy this unit - reforming allowed :eek: Correct, as per p.58
Is my interpretation right?

(assuming that they would not get closer than 12 inches to an enemy) They don't have the Scout special rule. They are Fast Cavalry though, and can make a Vanguard move.

he would, when a second Paladin on Pegasus joins the first one?(since a unit of two flying models would skirmish, while one would not :eyebrows:)
There is no rule saying that a single model is regarded as skirmisher? If you join two characters on Pegasi together, they make a ranked unit. They are not Pegasus Knights, and are not Skirmishers. The enemy does not get -1 to shoot at them.

Fourth Question about getting extra attacks and the sword of anti heroes:
Are you allowed to have more than ten attacks? On guy in my local hobby club had the idea,
to use a unit of about 30 Warlock Engineers, with one always strike first warlord carrying the sword of anti heroes, to have about 40 str 10 attacks in cc. :wtf:
(not to say that 10 str 10 attacks wouldnt be enough...) The maximum number of attacks is 10, just like any other characteristic. Also, the Sword of Anti-Heroes only triggers off of enemy characters, not friendly ones.

Fifth question about challenge and positioning:
When somebody fights in a challenge is he ignored and replaced for the sake off determing who is able to fight in cc?
I am asking because Bretonnian Grail Knights in Lance formation would be able to charge and attack with nearly ever Knight,
while the enemy could only attack with three models and two supporting attacks when he is on a cavalry or large infantry base.
(assuming the first Grail Knight on the left or right of the formation would be in a challenge) You'd be able to fight with everyone in base contact with the non-challenging Knights, the supporting attackers behind them, plus the guy behind your character in the challenge. Basically, the characters still "take up" part of the frontage even though they can't be attacked by anyone but their challenge rival.

See my replies above, in red.

Paraelix
26-07-2010, 02:14
4th Question. Sword of Anti-Heroes functions on ENEMY characters. Seriously... Everyone seems to mess up reading this weapon...

Flitzz
26-07-2010, 18:18
4th Question. Sword of Anti-Heroes functions on ENEMY characters. Seriously... Everyone seems to mess up reading this weapon... Luckily one guy in our gaming club has an english version of the rulebook, the german version allows you to get the bonus for every character.
Maybe I should stop buying german gw stuff. :D

@Zaustus
Thank you for your replies but isnt the unit of two Paladins still a unit of more than one flying modell?
I wondered, because the rules for flying units states that they are considered as skirmisher,
when bigger than one model.(which is a brainless rule at all :()

Damocles8
26-07-2010, 23:26
There is no rule saying that a single model is regarded as skirmisher?

Since both models are mounted on Monstrous Cavalry (also flying cavalry), since it is a unit of flying cavalry they do count as skirmishers

Zaustus
27-07-2010, 00:46
Ah, I see now on p.70 where the two heroes on pegasi are a skirmishing unit. They're still not flying cavalry though, unless the Royal Pegasus specifically has the Flying Cavalry special rule (which it doesn't).