PDA

View Full Version : 1st Empire list - 2,000 points of Unreliable Explody

TheKingInYellow
26-07-2010, 03:22
First Empire list, and I'm looking for lots of templates but I'm not hung up on accurate artillery. In fact, the more scattering the better! I'm hoping this is a mostly friendly list, but my playgroup will bring nasty lists too. It's all good :)

It's a gunline, yeah, but it should be an amusing one! I'll be rounding out with more infantry later, so I won't only be running this type of list with this army...

LORDS
Arch Lector
War Altar, Great Weapon, Dawn Armour, Crimson Amulet, Casket of Sorcery

HEROES
Master Engineer
Light Armour, Repeater Pistol, Pigeon Bombs

Master Engineer
Light Armour, Repeater Pistol, Pigeon Bombs

Warrior Priest
Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Van Horstmann's Speculum

CORE
35 Swordsmen
Full Command, Banner of Duty

10 Handgunners - Detatchment
Hochland Long Rifle

35 Swordsmen
Full Command, War Banner

10 Handgunners - Detatchment
Hochland Long Rifle

SPECIAL
5 Outriders
Champion Repeater Pistol and Pistol

Mortar

Mortar

RARE
Helstorm Rocket Battery

Helstorm Rocket Battery

Helblaster Volley Gun

Since this is my first list, I have no idea if this will be any good, any fun or what. I could really use some advice on this!

Templar47
26-07-2010, 03:50
Looks very shooty mate :D, however I do have some opinions:

* Your engineers don't need any equipment in my opinion, just keep them cheap and use the points for something else, plus pigeon bombs aren't reliable.

* Kinda weak in magic defense for one, plus I would sacrifice either on of the Hellstorm Rocket Batteries or the Hellblaster Volley Gun and use the points for a Battle Standard Bearer. This guy is key for your armies leadership and is very effective and useful.

* Your Handgunner detachments can't take the Hochland Long rifle. In order to take it, you need a champion and since detachments can't have a musician, standard, and a champion, you can't have the Hochland Long rifle. Use the points for something else.

* Not sure how effective Outriders are in this edition, but I know that pistoliers are really good in this edition so just some food for thought.

TheKingInYellow
26-07-2010, 03:57
Looks very shooty mate :D, however I do have some opinions:

* Your engineers don't need any equipment in my opinion, just keep them cheap and use the points for something else, plus pigeon bombs aren't reliable.

* Kinda weak in magic defense for one, plus I would sacrifice either on of the Hellstorm Rocket Batteries or the Hellblaster Volley Gun and use the points for a Battle Standard Bearer. This guy is key for your armies leadership and is very effective and useful.

* Your Handgunner detachments can't take the Hochland Long rifle. In order to take it, you need a champion and since detachments can't have a musician, standard, and a champion, you can't have the Hochland Long rifle. Use the points for something else.

* Not sure how effective Outriders are in this edition, but I know that pistoliers are really good in this edition so just some food for thought.

Hmm, I missed some stuff on my read-through of the book apparently.

On the Engineers, I suppose you are right. I just think the Pigeon Bombs sound hilarious, and it's a way to get more templates on the table. More hideously unreliable templates.

Boo to no Hochlands in the detachments! I might detach them since I think they might be good anti-wizard insurance. You lose the stand and shoot, bit I think it's not that critical. I might make one bigger unit of Swordmen then and beef up the handgunners. Eggs, meet one basket.

I should find room for the BSB, but if the enemy is in my lines, I've probably already lost :D

Karolinen
26-07-2010, 18:43
1.The swordsmen cant use magic banners! The only core-units that can use magical banners = knights.

2. No gunline whitout POWER! = use cannons insted of Hellstorm/mortar.
Only my own opinion:-)

TheKingInYellow
26-07-2010, 18:48
1. Didn't know that?

2. Bah, I want things falling from the sky and exploding. It's fluff, but it's important fluff (like the pigeon bombs)

TheKingInYellow
26-07-2010, 19:55
Hmm, made some changes to this list and opted for more EXPLODEY!

LORDS
Wizard Lord - 305pts
Level 4, Ring of Volans, Holy Relic, Rod of Power

HEROES
Master Engineer - 92pts
Light Armour, Pigeon Bombs

Master Engineer - 92pts
Light Armour, Pigeon Bombs

Battle Wizard - 150pts
Level 2, Opal Amulet, Power Scroll

CORE
35 Swordsmen - 215pts
Musician

10 Handgunners - 105pts
Musician, Marksman - Hochland Long Rifle

10 Handgunners - 105pts
Musician, Marksman - Hochland Long Rifle

12 Knightly Orders - 326pts
Full Command, Lances and Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame

SPECIAL
Mortar

Mortar

RARE
Helstorm Rocket Battery

Helstorm Rocket Battery

Helblaster Volley Gun

BWAHAHAHAHA KABOOOM!

Damocles8
27-07-2010, 20:28
I wouldn't take the Ring of Volans, since it doesn't auto cast it can be a PD sink, I'd look at maybe upgrading your knights to Inner Circle, maybe drop 5 swordsmen and round out your command, might not need musicians on your handgunners.....