PDA

View Full Version : DE Venom Blade & Regen

Loxton1989
26-07-2010, 10:23
Just a quick question about the Dark elf Venom Blade.

If an assassin were to fight a creature with regen and wound it with the venom blade only to have the wound regenerated does the model still loose all of its wounds?

I only ask because to my mind in order for a creature to regenerate a wound then the wound would have to be physically inflicted first and as such you would expect the venom of the blade to enter the wound before the flesh re-knits itself.

Any help would be appreciated...

Necromancy Black
26-07-2010, 10:31
Rules wise regen works exactly like a ward save, with the one condition that flaming attacks can stop it.

Loxton1989
26-07-2010, 10:34
Rules wise regen works exactly like a ward save, with the one condition that flaming attacks can stop it.

Ahh I see so a regenerated wound is not counted as a wound taken in the context of the rules?

Kalandros
26-07-2010, 10:37
A few editions ago it was like that, however they made it more simple and just slapped the word "ward save" in the rules.

Symrivven
26-07-2010, 10:40
Ahh I see so a regenerated wound is not counted as a wound taken in the context of the rules?

Indeed as far as rules go regeneration is just an other type of save and succeeding a regeneration save prevents all the nastiness that might happen after a wound is suffered. It is as if the wound was never suffered.