PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Dark Elves

Drek
26-07-2010, 19:33
So, I don't know how competitive this is as it it is pretty much an "eggs all in one basket" approach but I thought I would throw it out there.

Lords

Dreadlord - Black Dragon, Giant Blade, Pendant of Khaeleth, Charmed Shield, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pair of Repeater Handbows

Heroes

Sorceress - Level 2, Tome of Furion, Talisman of Endurance - most likely will take lore of metal or death
Sorceress - Level 2, Dispell Scroll - most likely will take lore of metal or death
BSB - Banner of Hag Graef

Core

Warriors (30) - Lordling, Musician, Standard, Shields
Reaper Crossbows (10)
Reaper Crossbows (10)
Reaper Crossbows (10)

Special

Executioners (23) - Draich-Master, Musician, Standard, Banner of Murder - BSB goes here

Rare

War Hydra
War Hydra
Reaper Bolt Throwers (2)

Let me know what you think. The Executioners could be mighty devastating but I am worried about them actually reaching combat. Of course, with a dragon flying around, that may draw fire away from them.

Drek
27-07-2010, 04:35
No comments?

meowser
27-07-2010, 05:24
Only recommendation I is to drop one RBT and maybe magic level to upsize the RXBs and give them std+mu.
20 man units can fire all shots @ 2x10 and reform 5-wide to accept chargers and hold their own against a unit they have whittled down (plus 20 stand and shoot shots hitting on 5's isn't bad).

~15 man units played played 6-8 wide will also get most of not all of their models firing, and with 1 rank and a standard could fare well in CC, and not have to give up a turn of shooting to reform to take a charge.

Consolidating them into larger units is also beneficial in 8th ed because of no partial victory points for units below 50%, and the 10-man units are easy to wipe out/run off the field.

Might consider L4 sorceress as well.

Otherwise looks nasty. 2 infantry blocks; 3 gribblies

Drek
27-07-2010, 15:25
OK, did some reworking as I was thinking the RXBs would be better as MSU. Also adjusted the Dreadlord a bit with a build I saw elsewhere.

Lords

Dreadlord - Black Dragon, Deathpiercer, Black Dragon Egg, Pendant of Khaeleth, Charmed Shield, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pair of Repeater Handbows - If I use both breath weapons thats 4d6 additional S4 hits in melee.

Heroes

Sorceress - Level 2, Tome of Furion, Talisman of Endurance - most likely will take lore of metal or death
Sorceress - Level 2, Dispell Scroll - most likely will take lore of metal or death
BSB - Banner of Hag Graef

Core

Warriors (30) - Lordling, Musician, Standard, Shields
Reaper Crossbows (15) - Standard, Musician

Special

Executioners (23) - Draich-Master, Musician, Standard - BSB goes here

Rare

War Hydra
War Hydra
Reaper Bolt Throwers (2)

I can take a look at dropping the RBTs if the RXBs are a better buy.

Drek
28-07-2010, 14:17
Any critique on the new list?

HD300
28-07-2010, 14:20
It's pretty tiny. I really suggest ditching those worthless Bolt Throwers and making room for a Blackguard unit somehow, or putting in another fatty brick of spears. They'll do far more.

I just can't justify spending 100 points on something like that, they don't do enough.

Drek
28-07-2010, 18:06
So... this would be better?

Lords

Dreadlord - Black Dragon, Deathpiercer, Black Dragon Egg, Pendant of Khaeleth, Charmed Shield, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pair of Repeater Handbows

Heroes

BSB - Banner of Hag Graef, Heavy Armor, Great Weapon, Sea Dragon Cloak

Core

Warriors (30) - Lordling, Musician, Standard, Shields - one sorc here
Warriors (26) - Lordling, Musician, Standard, Shields - one sorc here

Special

Executioners (23) - Draich-Master, Musician, Standard - BSB goes here

Rare

War Hydra
War Hydra

Paraelix
28-07-2010, 22:44
BSB is non-Khainite. CANNOT join Executioners.

Drek
29-07-2010, 05:03
OK, gonna have to switch out the BSB for a Hag BSB with the 5+ Ward Save and the Call.

L1qw1d
30-07-2010, 20:57
Shadow folds well with Death btw- Metal is fun with Fire. Just like real life lol.

Ok, I like the idea, But what is the purpose of the DLord with as many points you're putting into him?
Firstly: Our Book p. 91: Dragon is Hero points, not Lord.

There are some other efficient builds to put on your DLord so that one of the Sorcs can have the PoK- otherwise, they don't have any armour options.

Reapers are the big Rares- RXB are the standard infantry, but a line of whatever*2 is going to be better for your output of arrows. so 14 in 7*2, or 16 in 8*2. You only REALLY need the Musician on them for the reform because they're ranged. just keep the other units ahead of them, and pick people off before they get to melee (won't happen, but good idea). More to the point: your mages can sit here fairly well instead of being on the front lines and getting mauled. Throw the level 1 or 2 Fire lore on them? flaming rain of death :D

For the DLord builds, check out Druchii.net There are Damagers, Defenders, an MCHammer build (lol You can't touch this). or even if Dragon is the way you want to go.

Watch out for your Hydras. You see ONE Cannon? Find terrain to hide behind.