PDA

View Full Version : All mounted WoC, mostly Slaanesh

Darwin_green
27-07-2010, 10:52
I'm wanting to try an all mounted chaos list mostly because it'll look really cool. I haven't bought any of the models except for the chaos lord, sorceror, and 5 knights.

I mostly wanted to do this list because of that really cool opening scene in "Conan: The Barbarian", where Thulsa Doom raids Conan's village when he wa a child.

anyhoo, here's my first draft of the list.

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh
"Whip" of swift striking, chaos rune shield, luckstone, Daemonic steed.
314(?)I forgot how much the SoSS costs. I'm assuming 35

Chaos BSB
mounted, halberd, bronze armor of Zarak

lv 2 Sorceror of Tzeentch
Disc, Golden eye, Blood curdling roar

Core

10 Mtd marauders of slaanesh with spear, light armor, shields with full command.

10 Mtd marauders of slaanesh with spear, light armor, shields with full command.

6 marauders with flails, musician

10 chaos hounds

10 chaos hounds

Special

8 Chaos knights of Slaanesh, full command

5 chaos knights of slaanesh, full command

1926 so far.

I'm thinking MoS would be nice since I don't trust rerolls when they're really crucial for when those meatshields(I mean hounds and maruaders...) eventually panic and probably run through my knights. Mostly I intend to run the hounds in really wide formations to screen for most of my army so either they get shot at, or my units get cover penalties to be hit(unless i missed something in the rules).

thesheriff
27-07-2010, 14:30
I would put streamn of corruption on the lord, and maybe add banner of rage onto the big unit of knights. And beef up the thrird marauder unit, or add a second one.

thesheriff

lector#1
27-07-2010, 15:07
The sword is 40 points and I like it im working on a slaanesh list my self only my lord will mark of tzeentch to make him last longer and unlikley he will panic just something to think a out

Darwin_green
27-07-2010, 20:00
I was humoring that one common magic item that give a 4+ wardsave to a lord of tzeentch.

The runeshield is one of those rude magic Items i've always wanted to see in action.

"Oh, you have a runefang and no Speculum... oh it's just a normal sword now." :)

yeah, the 2 big blocks of marauder horsemen are either meant to support charge what ever the knights are charging, or countercharge any unit attempting to flank the knights.