PDA

View Full Version : Pink Horrors and wizard levels

solkan
28-07-2010, 07:54
Do Pink Horrors actually get the bonus to casting for the unit's wizard level?

Page 61 of the Daemons of Chaos book says, "Each time a spell is cast, nominate one Pink Horror in the unit as the caster for the purposes of line of sight, range, etc." Since the casting model doesn't actually have any wizard levels, does the bonus to cast still apply?

Lungboy
28-07-2010, 09:46
Since the casting model doesn't actually have any wizard levels, does the bonus to cast still apply?

I think you answered your own question there.

tdh6002
28-07-2010, 09:58
I dont agree,

I think the bonus still aplies, you only nominate a model as a caster for the "purpose" ine of sight, range, etc, so he aint the real caster.

So i would say you would get the bonus as the entire unit casts the spell

Lungboy
28-07-2010, 10:05
Sorry, was going on what the OP said about having no level, i didn't realise Horrors have a level that varies due to the number in the unit. I'd say that the single model chosen as the caster would get the same level as the unit he is in, and add it to any casting/dispel attempts as normal.

Paraelix
28-07-2010, 10:22
"A unit of Pink Horrors is considered to be a Wizard with its own Magic Level... Determined at the start of the Magic Phase..."

How do you read that it has no level?

Yes for casting/dispel bonus, and yes to channelling in my book.

Mr_Rose
28-07-2010, 11:10
The thing about picking one Horror to do the casting, in my interpretation, basically means that the unit focuses all of its power through that one particular horror and it therefore becomes "the wizard" for that spell and is exactly equivalent to the unit in terms of level, spell knowledge etc. for that spell.

Tris1976
29-06-2011, 11:49
I have a related question that I'll ask here rather than starting a new thread.

Do the Changling and HoT count towards the unit quantity when working out the level/spells?

GodlessM
29-06-2011, 12:15
Since the casting model doesn't actually have any wizard levels, does the bonus to cast still apply?

Says who? Daemon book gives their level therefore the caster does have a wizarding level.

narrativium
29-06-2011, 12:57
I have a related question that I'll ask here rather than starting a new thread.

Do the Changling and HoT count towards the unit quantity when working out the level/spells?
You count the number of Horrors, so the Herald wouldn't count. Not sure about the Changeling though - it's an upgrade, but is it a Horror?

Tris1976
29-06-2011, 13:04
You count the number of Horrors, so the Herald wouldn't count. Not sure about the Changeling though - it's an upgrade, but is it a Horror?

Humm, it deoes say in the FAQ that the Changeling counts as the unit Champion in all respects so I guess that he counts and I suppose it makes sense that the HoT doesn't count.

Thanks

T10
29-06-2011, 13:34
I seem to recall that the rules would have you determine the caster level of the unit based on the "number of models", not "number of Horror models".

Also, Mr_Rose has the right of it: It is the unit that counts as a Wizard and that casts the spells, the selected Horror only serves for the purposes listed.

-T10

DaemonReign
30-06-2011, 00:45
- Herald of Tzeentch does NOT count toward Horror Wizard level.
- Horror-blocks cast spell exactly like Wizards, in that 'yes' they do benefit from adding their Wizard level to Dispel/Casting. The nominated Horror is only relevant for "line of sight" etcetera.
- Changeling counts as a unit champion, replaces a model in the unit (like Karanak), and thus indeed count toward to total size of the Horror unit.

Sorry no page references, just telling you how it is.

Bodysnatcher
30-06-2011, 05:47
- Herald of Tzeentch does NOT count toward Horror Wizard level.
- Horror-blocks cast spell exactly like Wizards, in that 'yes' they do benefit from adding their Wizard level to Dispel/Casting. The nominated Horror is only relevant for "line of sight" etcetera.
- Changeling counts as a unit champion, replaces a model in the unit (like Karanak), and thus indeed count toward to total size of the Horror unit.

Sorry no page references, just telling you how it is.

And I can confirm. Before pre-measuring picking the optimum horror for gift of chaos was serious business ;)