PDA

View Full Version : Release the Hounds - WoC 2500

Darth Bobo
28-07-2010, 16:23
Work does funny things to you, have anybody tried and had any succes with something along the list below.

Chaos Lord (General)
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaught
Diabolic Splendor (gift)
???

The Troll King Throgg

18 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Khorne
Halberds
Shields
Full Command

18 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Khorne
Halberds
Shields
Full Command

5 Trolls

10 Chaos Knights
Mark of Tzeentch
Full Command
Banner of Rage

12 Chaos Hounds

12 Chaos Hounds

12 Chaos Hounds

12 Chaos Hounds

12 Chaos Hounds

12 Chaos Hounds

2379/2500

The Lord goes with the knights and have fun, Trogg goes with his kin.

The idea is to have the hounds out in front of the main force either as 6 packs of 12 or 12 packs of 6 giving cover to the warriors trolls and knights while they close in and later pouncing flanking and ripping at anything they can get their fangs into. 72 warhounds ought to give anybody a headache. :D

I need to spend 121 points. A large part of this should be for the Lord to get items and I can't decide on which so anybody with input to this are more than welcome to chime in.

So, is this even viable?

How do I make it better assuming that the hound idea stays?

Thanks for your comments in advance.

frogboy
28-07-2010, 16:58
Maybe try losing a few knights plus the 121 points you have left over and get a hellcannon, when something panics the hounds pounce on them, not many things in the old world can out run a hound :)

thesheriff
28-07-2010, 18:17
What i would do is a couple of tzeentch mages, throgg, a bsb with doom totem and palanquin, 2 hellcannons, minimum troll core and hounds. -2 panic tests from hellcannons with doom totem, charge with the houndsa an kill anything that flees. Charge multiple units of hounds into one unit to ensure capture