PDA

View Full Version : Animosity in buildings haven't been FAQed!

stashman
28-07-2010, 16:55
Animosity in buildings haven't been FAQed!

My orcs rolls 6 on animosity and charge the closest unit.

Animosity = if the unit comes in contact with opponents unit - it can'ts as a charge

But in the rules for buildings you can't charge out! Frenzied troops have to be as closed to the opponent as they can but can't make the charge.

Random Moves clearly states that if in contact, make the charge!

How do you play it?

Is this still a bonus for the greenskinns? :cheese:

Urgat
28-07-2010, 17:09
It was the same in 7th ed, they've never seemed to mind. My hoppers regularly building-jumped 1) to more or less control the distance they moved and 2) take advantage of that. Not gonna work anymore now that they're cavalry, sadly.

Malorian
28-07-2010, 17:12
I'd say it counts as a charge.

Mr_Rose
28-07-2010, 17:22
I'd say it counts as a charge.
Yeah, what he said: Army Book overrides core Rulebook so charge away.

solkan
28-07-2010, 19:33
What conflict is there?

A unit in a building is prevented from declaring a charge. There's nothing preventing it from being forced out of the building due to a special rule, and then having the special rule say that it's now performed a charge after the fact.

stashman
28-07-2010, 22:48
P.127 Abandoning a building:

Place the unit in any desired formation with atleast one model in it's rear rank touching the building.
"...."
The unit may not move any further in a turn that it exits a building - it's too busy reordering its battle formation.

So after animosity or after calling the waaagh! the Orcs can't charge?

What if the waaagh! spell or Hand of Gork is cast?

Paraelix
28-07-2010, 22:59
Sorry but you just used the phrase "it's too busy reordering its battle formation" in conjunction with Waaagh! :/

AlphariusOmegon20
29-07-2010, 15:31
Animosity in buildings haven't been FAQed!

My orcs rolls 6 on animosity and charge the closest unit.

Animosity = if the unit comes in contact with opponents unit - it can'ts as a charge

But in the rules for buildings you can't charge out! Frenzied troops have to be as closed to the opponent as they can but can't make the charge.

Random Moves clearly states that if in contact, make the charge!

How do you play it?

Is this still a bonus for the greenskins? :cheese:

It's not a charge as you didn't declare one. It's a compulsory move that's actually out of sequence from the where it should be, caused by a a start of turn rule.

You can still do it, because you aren't declaring a charge. It only COUNTS as one IF you come into contact with an enemy unit, meaning you get the bonuses for charging, but didn't actually charge normally. (See Squig Hoppers for a similar instance of this happening.)