PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC Army

Zaknifa
29-07-2010, 07:53
I have been looking at the warriors of chaos for some time, and as an ogre player I was intrigued by the oppurtunity to expand but keep a simmilar motif. Due to this experiance it quickly lead me to a troll king throgg army; and here is my first attempt at a 2250 version

Troll King Throgg 175

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 275
-Additional Hand Weapon

Chaos Giant 265
-Mark of Slaanesh

Trolls (6) 270

Trolls (7) 315

Trolls (6) 270

Ogres (8) 390
-Mark of Khorne
-Chaos Armour
-Additional Hand Weapons

Chaos Warhounds (32) 288
-Poisoned Attacks

Throgg goes into the seven man troll unit, with the two six strong toll unit providing flank support. The Dragon Ogre Shaggoth might possibly augmernt the middle tip, as well as the giant, or the two could run along the far flanks and go warmachine hunting. While the ogres and warhounds are the mid to far flank support for the troll center.

Any suggestions or could this not work at all?

popisdead
31-07-2010, 00:16
I recommend changing yoru Ogres into a lvl 4 mage.

Drop the poisoned attacks on the hounds and take only two units of 5.

Take spawn.

Zaknifa
31-07-2010, 07:07
Now with the extra 618 points should I go for a Daemon prince (possible comabt power and character hunting with a few levels of mage) or just a straight mage for more points into spawn and possible magical iteams?

Mindshred
31-07-2010, 07:53
Now with the extra 618 points should I go for a Daemon prince (possible comabt power and character hunting with a few levels of mage) or just a straight mage for more points into spawn and possible magical iteams?

A mage would be the better choice, as our Demon Prince tends to cost too much for what you get out of him. Given that you're not running very much normal infantry, I'd recommend going with a Tzeentch sorcerer on a disc. They bring a good amount of power to your magic phase and are great with Bloodcurdling Roar or the corrosive vomit gifts.

Actually, I'd probably run two of them, and give one of them the Third Eye so that you can steal your opponent's spell lore whenever you have LoS (not difficult while you're on a disc).

I've never been particularly impressed with spawn, but Nurgle is proving to be an interesting choice for giants lately, as it lets them avoid a good amount of shooting and survive longer against WS3-4 enemies.