PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Moulder List, Would it work?

Hali
29-07-2010, 09:16
Pure Moulder, litterally nothing but packmasters and beasties. Will it work? How well? And could it be fun?

Vermin Lord

60 Giant Rats 10 Packmasters

2 Rat Ogres Packmaster

2 Rat Ogres Packmaster

Hellpit Abomination Warpstone Spikes

Hellpit Abomination Warpstone Spikes

This sits at 2216, I've got a couple options to fill in but I'd probably either add another packmaster to each rat unit or drop two rats for an extra rat ogre. I'm also thinking about adding a Master Moulder to each rat unit by dropping a bunch of rats but I don't want to lose too much of my buffer.

For tactics I plan on the Vermin Lord in the middle then a unit of rats on each side, followed by an abomination then the other rat unit and finally the ogres on the flanks. I'll probably go all Plague spells on the lord hoping for at least one of wither or bless with filth to help the rats become more killy. Rats seem like an excellent horde unit to me. Dead Cheap. Three ranks for normal horde formation, one extra from thier special rule and then packmaster attacks means each unit can put out five ranks of attacks which might not be all that strong but can add up to a lot of damage. Between the lord and the two hellpits I figure something tough will survive long enough to mess up my opponents heavy armor and the ogres might be able to sweep around and get some decent flanks or rear charges.

thesheriff
29-07-2010, 09:32
Anything that does not count towards minimum core cannot count toward the 25% limit. You will have to take the special charecter that lets you take them as core. this would take you up to around 2,500pts.
Also, for a themed list, more rat ogre please. units of 6 i would hop, 3x2. That would give some good hammer units.
But, the moulder list is definatly more of a possibility in this ed. Just wheer are you going to find 120 rats!

thesheriff

Hali
29-07-2010, 09:50
Ah my bad. Was building on armybuilder without the armybook and I didn't see it say anywhere that they didn't count, gonna have to rethink things then.

Paraelix
29-07-2010, 20:34
Take Throt- He allows 2 units of Rogres to be core and makes Giant Rats count for core.

Also, take more Rogres. Giant Rats won't really cut it.

Gmaleron
29-07-2010, 20:38
Looks very much like a Clan Moulder army which is cool, however your skaven me stupid slow compared to my genius awsome clan skryre themed skaven :D

Ajit
29-07-2010, 21:46
Another problem is the vermin lord cannot be your general and you have no other characters.

crazywhiteboydance
30-07-2010, 14:11
If you aim for 3k you can take throt as your general & still fit a vermin lord in the list.

And as others have said MORE rat ogres!

NecroMaster
30-07-2010, 16:00
Where's Throt?

Where's the Rat Ogres?

Lose the Vermin Lord and take throt with more Rat Ogres instead. To many Giant Rats in the units. I would take 50 each with 8 Packmasters. This will give you around 184 pts to play around with. Maybe more RO's, maybe a few units of Slaves? Thats what I would do, but that's just me.:D

Paraelix
31-07-2010, 23:07
And take a BSB... To prevent mass fleeing.

Lotl Botl
31-07-2010, 23:38
its got 2 A-bombs, its going to work ;)
just make the needed adjustments and you'll be fine, also the army will look the part
should be cool good luck