PDA

View Full Version : Astorath the Grim - need help

milosz
29-07-2010, 10:58
Hey,
Lasttime I decided that I'll paint Astorath the Grim. But I have huge problem with him. He has rank of High Chaplain or something like that. Mini show on GW site has painted red armor but I think abaut gold or black with red groovs.
Do you have any idea abaut his armour. I don't know what is correct because standard for chaplains is black armour.

Jonny_N
29-07-2010, 11:33
It is entirely down to you, personally I would be tempted to paint him black with very dark red on the muscles across the bigger sections of the armor, and skip off gold totally. but its all down to choice, its your model, do him how you like :)

milosz
29-07-2010, 11:35
Yes I know that it is mine but I realy like do with fluff. ANd this model is for me very enigmatic. I just want know your opinion befor I'll paint armour - muscles will be paint on red :)

ashc
29-07-2010, 11:36
He is High Chaplain of the Blood Angels - he wears whatever the hell armour he likes, no-one is going to argue with that big axe! He even gave his Crozius up to Lemartes..

So its truly up to you. If you are painting him as Astorath, then, by GW, its red I guess. If its something for yourself, do as you please.

milosz
29-07-2010, 12:06
Thanks a lot.On the leags I have been painting black armour. I hope it will be looks cool with read muscles and gold elements.