PDA

View Full Version : WoC Sorcerer protection advice :D

Texhnolyze
29-07-2010, 11:34
So I want to run a lv4 Sorcerer as my general, though I don't know how to protect him because there are only 25pts to spare^^

The reason for the rather odd item combination is that I'm going to run a Mostly Khorne army with some Tzeentch units, and I want my General to reflect this ^^. Maybe change the blood for third eye of Tzeentch to free up some point for an expensive ward, but it would defeat original the idea.

So what is the best way to protect him with only 25pts?

Sorcerer Lord:
Chaos Armour, Blood of Tzeentch, Bloodskull Pendant, Lv4.

Odin
29-07-2010, 11:41
So I want to run a lv4 Sorcerer as my general, though I don't know how to protect him because there are only 25pts to spare^^

The reason for the rather odd item combination is that I'm going to run a Mostly Khorne army with some Tzeentch units, and I want my General to reflect this ^^. Maybe change the blood for third eye of Tzeentch to free up some point for an expensive ward, but it would defeat original the idea.

So what is the best way to protect him with only 25pts?

Sorcerer Lord:
Chaos Armour, Blood of Tzeentch, Bloodskull Pendant, Lv4.

Not much really, Enchanted Shield will do a decent enough job. Mark of Tzeentch plus Talisman of Protection would be better, but I'm guessing you want to use one of the new Lores rather than Lore of Tzeentch?

Dreadgrass
29-07-2010, 11:44
Okay, if you have the puppet in your army, you could try:

Sorcerer Lord - Lvl.4, Spell Familiar, Charmed Shield, Sword of Strife, Talisman of Endurance, Potion of Foolhardiness, Stream of Corruption.

5 strength 4 attacks (plus one when charging and quaffing the potion) plus 2D6 strength 3 hits from the stream, so he should make a dent in whatever he faces. Also has a 3+ save, a 5+ ward and ignores the 1st hit on a 2+.

CmdrLaw
29-07-2010, 11:53
Take a normal shield and the dragon helm thing thats 10pts, that gives same bonus as the enchanted shield but also immunity to fire.

Zangor
29-07-2010, 12:07
Sorcerers cant wear a normal shield.

Texhnolyze
29-07-2010, 12:12
Not much really, Enchanted Shield will do a decent enough job. Mark of Tzeentch plus Talisman of Protection would be better, but I'm guessing you want to use one of the new Lores rather than Lore of Tzeentch?

Yea, the enchanted shield seems like one of the best choices for me really.
And yea, I want the new lores, but I also want an Unmarked general, since its a dual mark army.

Windings of a snake
29-07-2010, 14:26
enchanted shield is a good option; charmed shield aswell, maybe you want to go for the dragon helmet.

a ward save is advisable as well.

Windings of a snake
29-07-2010, 14:28
the pendant is a good thing to have as well. I used it with that 5+ ward common item and enchanted shield. Now the helmet seems to be favourable because of lore of metal and lore of fire.

Mandragola
29-07-2010, 22:11
There's a 5 point item that gives the 2+ ward against fire. That and the enchanted shield cost the same as the dragon helm. Not sure if it would prevent you from taking another needed item. Simply giving him a horse is a good way to improve armour save, and doesn't increase your frontage. That does generate issues with look out sir though.

Honestly though, stay out of combat. If you have a bunch of khorne guys running forwards I expect your sorc can live in some kind of bunker and be basically ok.

Jericho
29-07-2010, 22:30
There's a 5 point item that gives the 2+ ward against fire. That and the enchanted shield cost the same as the dragon helm. Not sure if it would prevent you from taking another needed item. Simply giving him a horse is a good way to improve armour save, and doesn't increase your frontage. That does generate issues with look out sir though.

Honestly though, stay out of combat. If you have a bunch of khorne guys running forwards I expect your sorc can live in some kind of bunker and be basically ok.

Um ... you're paying the full 15 points for Enchanted shield right? If your army book lists a different price for common magic items you must pay the army book cost. Says so in the Common Magic item section of the BRB.

Paraelix
29-07-2010, 22:35
Drop Bloodskull Pendent for Crimson Armour of Dargan and take Talisman of Endurance.

Immune to KB, can only ever take 1 wound from an attack, 4+/5++.

CmdrLaw
30-07-2010, 08:59
I tend to load up my Lord with quite alot of protection and mobility, so disc, enchanted shield, good ward save.

The Blood of Tzeentch is the only non protective item abut its alot better in this edition as it helps with casting values AND miscast protection (says can't reroll 1's not 6s)

Generally he is fine flying around the battlefield blowing stuff up.