PDA

View Full Version : Does friendly warmachine crew block LOS?

Helvegr
29-07-2010, 20:59
Just a little situation from a game today. I had two dwarf cannons on the field placed within about 6" of eachother. They were placed somewhat diagonally from eachother.

The question came up is whether my cannon farthest back had LOS through the crew of the other cannon. We assumed that it didn't have LOS through the other cannon, but in 8th edition my impression was that crew members were basically wound counters until close combat.

Do they block LOS and thus making it a bit more important where I place them in relationship to any other cannons/shooters?

Thanks!

Duck Dodgers
29-07-2010, 21:26
Just a little situation from a game today. I had two dwarf cannons on the field placed within about 6" of eachother. They were placed somewhat diagonally from eachother.

The question came up is whether my cannon farthest back had LOS through the crew of the other cannon. We assumed that it didn't have LOS through the other cannon, but in 8th edition my impression was that crew members were basically wound counters until close combat.

Do they block LOS and thus making it a bit more important where I place them in relationship to any other cannons/shooters?

Thanks!

No. The rules in the "Crew" section of the BRB specifically says they do not block LOS or movement, and should be rearranged if this becomes an issue. The BRB basically says that crew are now essentially wound markers and should be treated as such.

SideshowLucifer
31-07-2010, 05:12
The crew are basicly decoration now.