PDA

View Full Version : stand and shoot vs compulsory charge

theman151
29-07-2010, 21:26
Hello...

if I stand and shoot as a charge reaction I have to be farther than the static Movement value of the unit charging me... correct?

Now what if I am charged in the compusory movement phase by, say a hellpit abomination? Is it half the distance he rolled for movement or can I just always stand and shoot vs random movement guys?

Thanks

Paraelix
29-07-2010, 21:32
Cannot react to a random movement charge. You also don't Panic! from Terror as far as I'm aware.

RangerRobAZ
29-07-2010, 21:38
These type rules should be defined under the unit special rules in the relevant codex. For example, page 57 of the skaven codex answers your question on the HPA. In this case, the movement rolled is counted as the maximum charge distance for standing and shooting.

RangerRobAZ
29-07-2010, 21:41
Cannot react to a random movement charge. You also don't Panic! from Terror as far as I'm aware.

Is the no react to random movement charge something that 8th edition overrides in the skaven codex? I couldn't find anything about it.

You do make a panic check from Terror as soon as the charge is declared (BRB p78). Fear, however, you no longer make a Panic! check in 8th.

Paraelix
29-07-2010, 21:46
The Skaven Army Book has been FAQ'd/Errata'd. The Doomwheel and Hellpit both use the Random Movement rules in the BRB- so does the Chaos Spawn in case you were interested.

No charge reactions may be made against a charge from a model with Random Movement as they are too unpredictable. You may only hold.

EDIT- Going to check the rules... But Random Movement means there is no charge declared... So I don't believe Terror applies.

Pg 78- Note that if the target is not able to make a charge reaction then the target does not take the test. (abbreviated)

RangerRobAZ
29-07-2010, 21:54
Ah, great, thank you for clearing that up for me. I should have remembered with that massive Skaven FAQ/Errata that the codex is now half wrong. :)

I looked at the random movement rules on BRB p74. It does say no charge reactions. It also says that if you move into an enemy it counts as charging and is resolved using the normal rules for charges. However terror does say when the charge is 'declared' you test.

So I believe you are right, no terror test. Makes sense, if you can't react to the charge, you shouldn't be taking a Terror test (which is a forced flee reaction)

theman151
29-07-2010, 22:05
well the situation I came up against was a goblin lord on a giant squig. I just used the hellpit abomination as an example because I play Skaven.

I do not have the Orcs and Goblins book so I am not sure if they are the same for random movement.

Paraelix
29-07-2010, 22:10
BRB has clarified Random Movement, so the Army Book shouldn't make a difference.

Grentain
30-07-2010, 04:01
Well, if there hadn't been the errata for the skaven/OnG book, then what the core book said about not allowing charge reactions would matter, since the core book says that, in the case of conflicting rules between core book and army book, go with the latter's ruling.

Paraelix
30-07-2010, 04:16
You'll find I already talked about the FAQs... Thanks :/