PDA

View Full Version : Daemons of chaos 8th edition list (competitive)

fubukii
30-07-2010, 02:13
Herald of tzeentch - Mos ( life), spellbreaker
Herald of tzeentch - Mos (life), spellbreaker
Herald of khorne - Bsb, aok, great icon of despair

40 Blood letters - full cmd +d6 charge banner
39 Blood letters - full cmd +d6 charge banner

6 flesh hounds
6 flesh hounds

5 flamers - champion
5 flamers
1 fiend
1 fiend

2500 pts

thoughts? i went in hoping to run a greater daemon but i realized that having 500 pts of troops is probably a better investment. while kairos fateweaver is amazing i was trying to avoid named characters in this list. For max jerkness i would run both the masque and kairos.

blood letters hold the line, flamers provide support with shooting and maybe flanking if needed hounds flank and such. fiends will be used to redirect/ hunt weak units or warmachines

Grisnik
30-07-2010, 08:46
Just a quick question.. where will you put the HoTs? Looks solid though and the big blocks of Bloodletters will definately be scary.. especially with 6+3d6 to charge first time they get the charge.. should be able to get first turn charges off with them depending on scenario and opponent..

Cheers

Crube
30-07-2010, 08:53
Didn't think you could repeat magic items...? (The d6 charge banner)

biadetic
30-07-2010, 09:26
Theyre Daemonic gifts, standards too. Can take as many as you want =]

fubukii
30-07-2010, 18:55
the heralds will hang out either with the blood letteres (within 3inches for the look out sir 4+) or in a pinch they can join the flamers for a improved LOS.

I have been considering taking light on one of the wizards to hinder shooting and grant some troops ws10/init 10.

w3rm
30-07-2010, 19:07
That list is absolutely brutal... Id hate to face it. But the HoT will be rather easy to snipe and bloodletters drop like flies to shooting.

fubukii
30-07-2010, 19:13
That list is absolutely brutal... Id hate to face it. But the HoT will be rather easy to snipe and bloodletters drop like flies to shooting.

True but vs certain armies with cannons and th like i would probably deploy the herald with the flamers, giving them a tad bit more protection. The lore of light/life spells should help keep my army alive as well if the magic phase goes according to plan. I may give on herald fly as well so he can zip around where ever he wants.

vs armies with slightly less shooting they can operate on thier own, and get the 4+ LOS from nearby infantry.

thesheriff
30-07-2010, 20:20
i would split the bloodlettrers down to 3 units of 30, 3x10, and drop the feinds for skulltaker and discs for the heralds, so they can fly armound.
Also, i'm pretty sure it was FAQ'd that daemon banners count as magic banner, but i'm not sure

thesheriff

Brady
30-07-2010, 20:56
Daemonic icons count as magic standards meaning you only get one per army of the same type.

fubukii
31-07-2010, 04:27
i would split the bloodlettrers down to 3 units of 30, 3x10, and drop the feinds for skulltaker and discs for the heralds, so they can fly armound.
Also, i'm pretty sure it was FAQ'd that daemon banners count as magic banner, but i'm not sure

thesheriff

Im not sure where i would get the suggested amount of points for

10 letters, 120pts + cmd for 3rd unit
150 pt skull taker
and 40 pts for the discs.

even if dropping the fiends which are awesome for several reasons (warmachine killing, redirecting, flanking, killing fragile skirmishing scouts or even the good suicide charge to kill a lvl 2 mage in a unit)

In addition with true los the disc actually hurts me more as they much easier to spot and no LOS at all. I think i may dop the scroll from one and give him flight.

As for the banner, i suppose i will have to find a better use of 25 pts then, perhaps ill ad a extra flamer of tzeentch.

Nurglus-the-Seeping
31-07-2010, 04:40
Daemonic icons count as magic standards meaning you only get one per army of the same type.

I am not certain about this one. The Skaven book has numerous magical items that are listed in the book as upgrades for unit champions. The 7th FAQ (haven't looked at the current one recently so this may have changed) specifically said that items bought as unit upgrades did not count against your magic item limit. So if your Bombardier champion in a unit of Poison Wind Globadiers brought along the Death globe to the game, this did not stop a Warlock Engineer from bringing one too. As the daemonic icons for rank and file daemons are listed as unit upgrades in the book I'd assume because of similar precedent that they can still be taken multiple times. However this may have changed in 8th, so I will reserve final judgement pending an updated FAQ

Brady
31-07-2010, 09:44
I checked the latest faq, they count as magic standards.

CrownAxe
31-07-2010, 10:24
FAQ changed it unfortunately