PDA

View Full Version : First Stab at 2.5k WoC

Lochaber
30-07-2010, 04:05
Longtime 40k player jumping into Fantasy for the first time. I'm hoping to debut my WoC army at the start of our local Fall Fantasy league, and I'm wondering if this is a good starting point for a competitive list:

Lords:
Sorceror lord, lvl 4, MoT, Disc, Conjoined Homumculus, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Tzeentch, Necrotic Phylactery

Heroes:
Sorceror, lvl 2, MoT, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet
BSB Exalted, hw&shield, MoT, Rapturous Standard

Core:
20 Warriors w/ hw&shield, MoT, full command, War Banner
18 Marauders w/ flails, MoK, full command

Special:
6 knights w/ MoK, full command

Rare:
Hellcannon
Hellcannon

Total: 1490 pts.

Trying to make as competitive a list with the models I have on hand. I've also got about 15 marauder horsemen from a mate of mine lying around, and I was wondering if there isn't a way to add them in that would give this list a little bit more mobility. As this is my first stab at making a WoC list, please do let me know what I can do to improve on this!

Eta
30-07-2010, 08:33
You will have to drop one War Banner because you may not have a magic item more than once in the army. Give the Rapturous Standard to your warriors and use the remaining points to gear up your BSB. Talisman of Endurance, Dragon Helm and Biting Blade would be a good combo with the points you have left over, for example.
Your sorcerer lord will have to either drop the Talisman of Preservation or the Necrotic Phylactery, you may only use one item of each category on your characters (e.g. one talisman, one enchanted item, one magic weapon...). I'd drop the phylactery.

Overall, the list looks pretty strong to me. However, you could drop two warriors of each unit, field them in 6x3 formation and use the points to buy two units of five hounds. You can use them to screen your knights so that they do not have to test to charge too early or just be in the way of your opponent.

Greetings
Eta

Brady
30-07-2010, 09:21
I agree with eta on those minor changes but sadly you cannot have two hell cannons at this point level as you are capped at 375 for rare choices. Maybe with the points left over get some more horsemen or beef up the knight units?

Tonedogbf110
30-07-2010, 09:28
All that for 1490?

Kardon
30-07-2010, 09:29
I think its 2499 he means(as the topic says), couse the heroes + core alone is well over 1499. And what eta says about the minor changes should make the list better and legal.

Eta
30-07-2010, 09:29
I agree with eta on those minor changes but sadly you cannot have two hell cannons at this point level as you are capped at 375 for rare choices. Maybe with the points left over get some more horsemen or beef up the knight units?

All that for 1490?

The list is at the 2500 points mark, like it says in the thread name ;)

Greetings
Eta

Brady
30-07-2010, 10:59
Oops i just saw the total added up to 1500 under the list :p

theSkullduggery1
30-07-2010, 14:26
Since you are ok with giving your BSB a magic banner instead of items you should find the points to give him the Doom Banner since you have 2 hellcannons.

Also, your Marauders won't last long with only 18 of them but the way you have them built is probably the most successful for the lack of models that you have.

All of your units are pretty solid as long as you know how to use them correctly, good luck.

Lochaber
30-07-2010, 15:07
Apologies about leaving 1000 pts off the total on the first list! That would be a bit confusing. Good to know about the item restrictions too, I actually like that a lot compared to Spamhammer 40k :p
List looks something like this now:
Lords:
Sorceror lord, lvl 4, MoT, Disc, Conjoined Homumculus, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Tzeentch

Heroes:
BSB Exalted, hw&shield, MoT, Biting Blade, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance

Core:
20 Warriors w/ hw&shield, MoT, full command, Rapturous Standard

Special:

Rare:
Hellcannon
Hellcannon

Drek
30-07-2010, 17:53
The points are off here, the knights are 320pts per unit and the 20 warriors are 395 each. Those + the Hellcannons bring you to over 2100 before characters.

Lochaber
30-07-2010, 21:34
D'oh! That's what I get for reading the army list literally. I thought with all the specific references to other units having points costs listed per model that knights were just a flat 40 points! (It does seem to be a bit unbelievable at that >.>)

Back to the drawing board...

popisdead
30-07-2010, 22:58
Since this is what you have on hand, I recommend buying more marauders and using you fast cav. take 10 w/ throwing axes.

Eta
30-07-2010, 23:54
D'oh! That's what I get for reading the army list literally. I thought with all the specific references to other units having points costs listed per model that knights were just a flat 40 points! (It does seem to be a bit unbelievable at that >.>)

Back to the drawing board...

Drop the full command on the knights, they do not need it when marked Khorne. And perpaps even drop one unit of knights completely. Then take two warriors out of each unit. With this, your points should almost be allright.

Greetings
Eta

Lochaber
31-07-2010, 04:13
Trying to make the most of everyone's excellent suggestions here, this looks much closer to a real list:

Lords:
Sorceror lord, lvl 4, MoT, Disc, Conjoined Homumculus, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Tzeentch

Heroes:

BSB Exalted, hw&shield, MoT, BSB, Biting Blade, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance

Core:
18 Warriors w/ hw&shield, MoT, full command, Rapturous Standard
18 Warriors w/ hw&shield, MoT, full command, War Banner
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

Special:
6 knights w/ MoK
6 knights w/ MoK

Rare:
Hellcannon

Total: 2476. Looking for some suggestions to fill the gap to 2500.