PDA

View Full Version : Orcs & Gobbos next army book?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Flatline
30-07-2010, 11:51
Harry posted this in the depths of the Tomb Kings thread so I thought I put it here so everyone could appreciate it. :)

The Tomb Kings book is almost finished. I have posted that myself on here.
Less has been heard about the Orcs and Goblins book because that is being written by Jeremy Vetock and he returned stateside.

It has been my understanding since about this time last year that Orcs and Goblins would be the first fantasy release of 2011. I have heard nothing between then and now to make me think any different.

The Orcs and Goblins book started before the Tomb Kings. Can't think why the schedule would have changed. It's not like they have not got plenty of models ready to go for Orcs and Goblins.

So who is Jeremy Vetock and what has he worked on previously?

What are these O&G models Harry refers to?

75hastings69
30-07-2010, 12:12
Yes they are next (I suppose I should add AFAIK), some new plastic kits, one of which has been discussed to death several times already (arachnarok spider - which even gets a mention in the new rule book - although not by name, the name is a little bonus for you especially from me ;) )

Unless I'm mistaken Jeremy Vetcock did the fantastic recent skaven book.

twistinthunder
30-07-2010, 12:15
is that the big spider on page xiii in the new rulebook?

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 12:19
Wait... new O&G? ...by the guy who designed my lovely, lovely skaven book? And backed up by Harry AND Hastings? I... I think I need a new pair of pants...

Harry
30-07-2010, 12:20
Jeremy was indeed lead writer on the Skaven book.
Before that he had a lot to do with the War of the Ring.
He first shot to fame (and greater involvement in the UK studio) after his contributions to the Generals Compendium.

He is a mad keen hobbiest and I can't think of anyone better to bring the right balance of grittyness and total mayhem to the Orc and Goblin book.

BRING IT ON! :D

Memnos
30-07-2010, 12:24
I have a theory about the new Orc and Goblin book:

I feel that it will be inspired by Gork(Or possibly Mork) to be greener, with more Vitamin Waaagh! than you can shake a stick at.

Also, Trolls will be special instead of rare.

twistinthunder
30-07-2010, 12:32
I have a theory about the new Orc and Goblin book:

I feel that it will be inspired by Gork(Or possibly Mork) to be greener, with more Vitamin Waaagh! than you can shake a stick at.

hopefully with a lack of vitamin A. :D

A for animosity.:D

Joewrightgm
Yes they are next (I suppose I should add AFAIK), some new plastic kits, one of which has been discussed to death several times already (arachnarok spider - which even gets a mention in the new rule book - although not by name, the name is a little bonus for you especially from me ;) )

Unless I'm mistaken Jeremy Vetcock did the fantastic recent skaven book.

Wow, thanks very much Hastings!

So according to rumors, already circulating, I think I read from Avian that Savage Orcs are getting new plastics, and something about a 'cave beast'?

With the addition of this Arachnarok Spider, it seems that maybe GW is focusing a bit more on the feral aspect of greenskins, where before it had a big focus on Night Goblins and their weirdness.

Any of the regular mongers who may be deeper into the process know about this, indeed if they are allowed or willing to comment?

Thanks gang, and remember: If you'ze aint rockin', makin' sumfin' more dakka, or ain't fightin', YOU'ZE MUCKIN' ABOUT!

75hastings69
is that the big spider on page xiii in the new rulebook?

No, that's just a 3up of the standard forest goblin spider, think bigger :D

It's mention in the text of the o&g section of the new rulebook.

Joewrightgm
30-07-2010, 12:34

BIGGER? :eek: Crap on a stick man, this think sounds massive!

Harry
30-07-2010, 12:35
No ... BIGGER!!! :D

stahly
30-07-2010, 12:37
Jeremy Vetock has returned stateside - does that mean he left GW?

twistinthunder
30-07-2010, 12:38

WOW! is this like the first of the really big boxed sets(think stompa sized) then? surely it cant be in the armybook can it?!

steppingonyou
30-07-2010, 12:39
perfect for my 100 spider rider list i tool around with at tournys

twistinthunder
30-07-2010, 12:40
holy spiders batman! 100 spiders? why??!?!?!?!

Kaos
30-07-2010, 12:41
If the spider does not have a big howda/house bristling with goblins and weird machines on it i will be sad. Sad like only an orc can be!

I hope it can pop out new spiderbabies that attacks like a shooting attack each turn! :D

Harry
30-07-2010, 12:42
Jeremy Vetock has returned stateside - does that mean he left GW?
No. If you snap him in half it reads Games workshop all the way through. :D
I think after several years here ... he wanted to return home for a bit.

*SQUEE*
30-07-2010, 12:45
There were also some rumors awhile back about plastic squigs. Can't remember if it was said they were the unit type or the hopping type. I also would like to see Black Orc boar boyz (wish listing).

75hastings69
30-07-2010, 12:46
If the spider does not have a big howda/house bristling with goblins and weird machines on it i will be sad. Sad like only an orc can be!

I hope it can pop out new spiderbabies that attacks like a shooting attack each turn! :D

You should be very happy then ;)

Not sure about berthing spiderbabies but it is crawling with them :)

twistinthunder
30-07-2010, 13:02
gross, but cool, definitely cool.

mweaver
30-07-2010, 13:04
Sounds like fun. Sign me up.

Joewrightgm
30-07-2010, 13:08
My head . . . its spinning with the awesomeness . . .

Maybe it will be the greenskin answer to a Stegadon? Bolt-thrower option, mount for a goblin shaman/big boss, howdah full of archers?

I'm more interested in the Savage Orc plastics that have been rumored. Will there be just boyz, or will there be boar boyz as well? That would be off the chain.

kaimarion
30-07-2010, 13:18
If they release plastic squigs I'll certainly be purchasing some to jazz up my 40k ork army, can imagine it now a horde of squigs chasing a lone grot.... This will be fun :D.

undeadyotsuba
30-07-2010, 13:21

Isn't that just like a tervigon except for O&G?

So one thing about the O&G book is that why do they need to release them before Tomb kings? D: It would be nicer to get a TK book instead of some greenskins.

But I've already betrayed Tomb kings and joined the forces of Ulthuan :shifty:

NixonAsADaemonPrince
30-07-2010, 13:24
Isn't that just like a tervigon except for O&G?

So one thing about the O&G book is that why do they need to release them before Tomb kings? D: It would be nicer to get a TK book instead of some greenskins.

But I've already betrayed Tomb kings and joined the forces of Ulthuan :shifty:

Because they are more popular ;). So GW does them first. I'm not moaning too much though, if it is as good as the 40k one then it will be great. Cheers for the rumours guys.

Nixon

Urgat
30-07-2010, 13:30

I bloody hope not.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
30-07-2010, 13:36
I bloody hope not.

I would definitely see them as Special, chaos trolls are special, and most other monstrous infantry is. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another unit of monstrous infantry which Rare, excluding ogres and chaos spawn, as they aren't really a unit.

Nixon

Lars Porsenna
30-07-2010, 13:43
For the rumormongers: I run a Night Goblin army for O&G. Any word if this list will be more, less, or the same in terms of viability?

Also any word on Forest Goblins? Besides the spider riders we have now, one cannot run a Forest Goblin "pure" army...any chance that might improve?

Damon.

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 14:04
I'm not moaning too much though, if it is as good as the 40k one then it will be great.

Good lord, I hope not. The 40k Ork book is terrible. Sure, I got access to my Shokk Attck Gunz and such, but you put that list versus an armored column of any kind and you'll get screwed every-which-way. Well, unless you do the 9 Battlewagon list. :shifty:

Hitsugaya Toushiro
30-07-2010, 14:16
jeremy vetock? i'm expecting a 12page O&G faq/errata pdf XD

Urgat
30-07-2010, 14:17
I would definitely see them as Special, chaos trolls are special, and most other monstrous infantry is. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another unit of monstrous infantry which Rare, excluding ogres and chaos spawn, as they aren't really a unit.

Nixon

There is nothing non-greenskin in the core and special choices, I don't see this changing. I see non-greenskin stuff as rare choice as a deliberate design. Chaos trolls, kroxs and the likes have always been special too, it's not a new move or anything.
Besides, there's already an enormous amount of special choices compared to rares, and the new spider thing is going to be special too, so add one more to that list. Moving trolls to special would be ubber retarded.

Malorian
30-07-2010, 14:27
I heard from a very reliable source that the new Orcs and Goblins army book will feature both orcs and goblins :shifty:

(I'll be watching this thread very closely. I don't care who writes it I just want it to be balanced and fun.)

Spiney Norman
30-07-2010, 14:30
hmmm, I probably should be happy about this as a greenskin player, its kinda hard though as I was really hoping that the next release would be TK, especially as my Kings just went from "weak" to "OMG why do I bother" with the release of 8th Ed.

On the other hand I'm very annoyed that they screwed over skarsnik and i'm really hoping for a decent gobbo general build in an 8th Ed book.

Urgat
30-07-2010, 14:32
hmmm, I probably should be happy about this as a greenskin player, its kinda hard though as I was really hoping that the next release would be TK, especially as my Kings just went from "weak" to "OMG why do I bother" with the release of 8th Ed.

I hoped it wouldn't be first, so for once we don't end up being the screwed up benchmark for the new edition, but heh.

SamVimes
30-07-2010, 14:32
There is nothing non-greenskin in the core and special choices, I don't see this changing. I see non-greenskin stuff as rare choice as a deliberate design. Chaos trolls, kroxs and the likes have always been special too, it's not a new move or anything.
Besides, there's already an enormous amount of special choices compared to rares, and the new spider thing is going to be special too, so add one more to that list. Moving trolls to special would be ubber retarded.

The new spider thing is going to be special? Are you sure? It sounds a lot more like Rare choice, if anything.

Trolls to special would be dumb, however. There's already enough special choices vying for my attention. I don't need another. However, I do need better animosity!

chilledenuff
30-07-2010, 14:36
I don't mind trolls going special, 50% of my points can (if I wish!) be spent there.
I just want new common goblin models, maybe a tweak to animosity and the 'Elves always lose to this army' rule.

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 14:37
The new spider thing is going to be special? Are you sure? It sounds a lot more like Rare choice, if anything.

Trolls to special would be dumb, however. There's already enough special choices vying for my attention. I don't need another. However, I do need better animosity!

Yeah, but half that Special will probably become Core (Boars and Black Orcs at least).

Anyhow, I think we can agree on one thing:

If I don't my Shiney Bauble back, I'm going to start a riot that a Football Hooligan would be proud of...

Enigmatik1
30-07-2010, 14:38
I hoped it wouldn't be first, so for once we don't end up being the screwed up benchmark for the new edition, but heh.

You know...I thought the same thing when I read this thread. Do I like having my only chance of winning a game be predicated on abusing the magic phase beyond belief because everything else in the list is overpriced and/or underpowered? No!

Do I want to be "that guy" for 8E? Hell no! Who knows...maybe this time you guys will get lucky and they'll get it right. I hope so. I think you've suffered enough (and this from a TK player).

Urgat
30-07-2010, 14:49

That's what I've read, even though I agree with you.

Chilledenuf: I've always hated that fear elves rule, but with the new fear, I don't care anymore. I can now shove charriots up elves units, they'll never refuse to charge anymore, and that alone will make a world of a difference.

As for boars becoming core, maybe, but that's just wishlisting, and for black orcs, it's never going to happen (and it shouldn't anyway).

TsukeFox
30-07-2010, 14:55

Plus models that will no be ready untill the end of 2011, if not 2012

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 15:19
As for boars becoming core, maybe, but that's just wishlisting, and for black orcs, it's never going to happen (and it shouldn't anyway).

Not wishlisting, just an edjucated guess based on what I've seen with the more recent books.

Now, Boar Boys being made useful? That, my friend, is wishlisting. :D

Urgat
30-07-2010, 15:27
I don't want to sound contradictory for the heck of it, but I can't find a single instance of cavalry moving to core since a long time (empire knights maybe?)... "stares at silverhelms".

NixonAsADaemonPrince
30-07-2010, 15:28
Not wishlisting, just an edjucated guess based on what I've seen with the more recent books.

Now, Boar Boys being made useful? That, my friend, is wishlisting. :D

I thought someone spoke to Jeremy about boar boyz becoming core, and he said that was likely. Don't quote me on that, I might be remembering it wrongly, but it was something along those lines.

And I like the 40k ork codex, it's one of the most powerful out there. I've seen it rip armoured columns to bits without battlewagons quite happily (and the book has so much character you have to like it).

Nixon

75hastings69
30-07-2010, 15:31
AFAIK both boar boyz and trolls stay where they are.

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 15:32
I'm not saying it's because I've seen Cav move to core, but rather because the Orc "Medium Cav" doesn't really suit them to thier slot. Now, it could be that a key-turn character makes them Core, or that they may get beefed up and left in Special.

I'm really just guaging this on my pretty, pretty Skaven book. Stormvermin didn't move but they became a halluva lot more accessable. Same thing with all the Spaecial units (no more of that "Mainstay" BS).

I'm not trying to say I have an "in" at GW or something, just trying to get debate/conversation rolling.

EDIT: Aaaaand crushed by Hastings. Damn. :D

@Nixon: I'm just saying that I've never seen a balanced Ork list do well in a competitve setting. You either need to be all Boyz or all Battlewagons.

defunct
30-07-2010, 15:33
I thought someone spoke to Jeremy about boar boyz becoming core, and he said that was likely. Don't quite me on that, I might be remembering it wrongly, but it was something along those lines.

And I like the 40k ork codex, it's one of the most powerful out there. I've seen it rip armoured columns to bits without battlewagons quite happily (and the book has so much character you have to like it).

Nixon

I'm quoting you now... but only to say that I remember reading about that as well. :D
IIRC, Vetock was very positive about the idea of Boar Boyz being core, (at least from what was written...)

Urgat
30-07-2010, 15:37
I remember it too. That being said, when I want off of a topic w/o arguing, I too say things along the lines of "yeah, cool idea! So, how's your parents?"

jspyd3rx
30-07-2010, 15:40
I believe he said it might be possible, not that it was a done deal. Hastings is %100 reliable, so I am sure it won't happen. The army book being next means it is done and rule tidbits should start leaking out soon. What I want to know is if new goblin spider kits are coming out? A giant centerpiece spider begs for an all spider army. So if they aren't getting redone, I can start now.

Urgat
30-07-2010, 15:49
Actually, it begs for core forest goblin warriors and characters. And even though I have no source on the matter, I can safely say that spider riders ain't getting redone anytime soon (or late, for that matter). I'll bet my own spider riders on it.

Darn, I'm so bored at work, every other post in that topic is from me. Maybe I should stop refreshing the page every two minutes >>

pjschard
30-07-2010, 15:51
I 'm right there with you Urgat, I want my forest goblins back...
All spider rider army is fun, but not really cutting it for a full army

twistinthunder
30-07-2010, 15:59
it would be pretty funny to see that army happen though!

pjschard
30-07-2010, 16:00
I already have a spider rider army
It is cool to see :)

Scelerat
30-07-2010, 16:01
Oh, great. More Greenskins *mumble mumble*
Actually, it's a good thing, I think. I am kind of tired of listening to my boyfriend complaining about how horrid the O&G armybook is. Hopefully this will shut him up, and he won't be able to keep blaming his failures on a book and will have to acknowledge my tactical superiority at last! MWAHAHA!!
Now, in all seriousness, O&G might need it, but between FW and GW I have the feeling that every other release is O&G related. I know it's not that way, but it sure seems so. Damn, I want my TKs.
Time for saving money, I guess.

EDIT: Do we have a timeline? Should we expect O&G around Feb/March and TK around May-ish?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
30-07-2010, 16:27
AFAIK both boar boyz and trolls stay where they are.

Fair enough (boring people :D). As long as they boost them up a bit, it will be fine. And if only they brought out squigs as core though, I've always wanted to do an all squig army. Please let there be plastic squigs!

Nixon

abuk
30-07-2010, 16:55
Please let there be plastic squigs!

THIS. I can only second You - please, let there be plastic squigs!

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 16:58
THIS. I can only second You - please, let there be plastic squigs!

Thirded.

We need a pettition...

Trains_Get_Robbed
30-07-2010, 17:09
The "giant spider" that they are releasing is supposed meant from warhammer legendary battle if I'm not mistaken, lolz to 100 mm base.

Harry
30-07-2010, 17:34
Hastings is %100 reliable
Actually he is only 99.999% reliable .... most of the time. :D

Urgat
30-07-2010, 17:36
Hey pieman, you wouldn't have any snippet to add, anything cryptic to get us going, because I can see that topic already turning slowly into wishlisting ><

stashman
30-07-2010, 17:42
Are any of theese changes realistic???

The Animosity will probably be something like the Beastmens Primal Fury, but rolling in the movement phase (first thing), not in close combat. Primal Fury = Hatred and Frenzy / Animosity = Devastating Charge and Strider

Calling the Waaagh!!! = Fight in extra ranks ("... or becuse their sheer ferocity means they willingly trample their comrades in order to reach the foe." from the rules ;) )

Black Orcs Armed to da teef rule don't work well with new rules, instead I think they will get Extra Attack rule ("through fury, extra limbs or being armed to the teeth, this warrior can strike more blows". You can read it in the rulebook ;) )

Boar Boyz will probably get Devastating Charge rule!!!

Fanatics are easy to redo: Random Movement, Impact Hits, Armour Piercing Rule, Immune to psychology, Have to make a Dangerous Terrain test every turn on 4+

Squig Herds = Monsters and Handlers added???

SamVimes
30-07-2010, 17:47
Can we not wishlist quite yet? It's only page three ;)

nightstorm
30-07-2010, 17:48
Ohh just as I was thinking of starting a new army we get an overhaul. I can't wait to see the new magic we get.....

Dakka Dan 42
30-07-2010, 17:57
Hey pieman, you wouldn't have any snippet to add, anything cryptic to get us going, because I can see that topic already turning slowly into wishlisting ><

*Looks at Stashman's post* Wow... it's like Urgat can sense these things coming...

Ephigy
30-07-2010, 18:08
WAAAGH!
is all I have to say. :D
Edit: Just grabbed the BRB; "multi-decked contraptions that bear a ridiculous amount of Goblin Archers" and "mammoth cavebeasts, big enough to swallow a bull whole, and wooden effigies of the Ork [??] Gods coming to life in the heat of battle, green lightning flashing from their eyes"

Sweet new (and big) units inc! :D

Crovax20
30-07-2010, 18:17
I am very excited about this news.

O&G was my first Warhammer army, but I picked up Empire along the way because sometimes I just wanted an army that could at least pretend to be viable in 7th. 8th has made my night goblin army fun again though and I'm looking forward to a new book! Who knows perhaps I might finally get some goblin foottroops or *gasp* orcs added to my army!

Joewrightgm
30-07-2010, 18:57
I'm kind of interested to see where they take the forest goblin angle;

will we get forest goblin infantry? If we do, what would make them unique enough to form a discrete set of troops, and not common goblins with different minis?

Again, I'm really interested in what angle Mr. Vetock will be taking on forest goblins, and indeed the army in general.

A private hope I'm harboring is that there will be an (at least updated if not plastic) mini for the Wyvern to look just as good as Azhag's Skullmuncha.

Schelle
30-07-2010, 19:07
Plastic squigs, new Orc boyz, giant spider, magic cards,...let the fun begin

Nemesis7884
30-07-2010, 19:10
great guys...now ill have to wait until next year before starting an orc army...

ScytheSwathe
30-07-2010, 19:14
Yeah, awesome heres hoping they go down the forest goblin route. When i decided to sell off some of my old orcs a while ago*, the forest gobs were the only thing i couldnt bear to part with!

And here we are looking like we might be getting more of the spidery goodness. Any news, or 'formal' indication of plastic forest goblins? (there might be pie in it for you) After all, they do need to redo the common goblins, so why not make forest goblins while theyre at it?

Man, this and IoB containing my only other fantasy armies, this could get expensive!

* and i still have some old metal savage orcs left if youre interested... /shameless plug

Joewrightgm
30-07-2010, 19:36
And here we are looking like we might be getting more of the spidery goodness. Any news, or 'formal' indication of plastic forest goblins? (there might be pie in it for you) After all, they do need to redo the common goblins, so why not make forest goblins while theyre at it?

While there has been no formal indication of Forest Goblin plastics. Although I think it would be a good opportunity to re-do the kit with parts for Forest Goblins.

Acheldama82
30-07-2010, 19:49
Ok so no more money at Gw till O&g new Armybook! Thank you 4 saving my money by spending in a 2500 point army :)
2011 .. Long time to come ... Oh well Warmachine/Hordes ftw :)

Lars Porsenna
30-07-2010, 19:55
While there has been no formal indication of Forest Goblin plastics. Although I think it would be a good opportunity to re-do the kit with parts for Forest Goblins.

They need to redo the common goblins kit anyway...

I can't see how they could redo the kit to make both forest and common goblins from one kit: forest goblins always had an Amerindian look, so I'd expect loincloths, feathered headdresses, tomahawks, and the like. Whereas common goblins always had more generic GW shabby look. Of course they could always retconn it, but that would kill my enthusiasm for one or the other...

On another note, I hope GW doesn't release common goblins AND forest goblins at the same time, because I might be tempted to do TWO themed goblin armies (on top of my night goblins) and that would be...expensive...

Damon.

Rogzor87
30-07-2010, 20:03
so wait..... Orcs and Goblins are coming out before the Tomb Kings? Is there anything shown that can prove this?

pjschard
30-07-2010, 20:09
so wait..... Orcs and Goblins are coming out before the Tomb Kings? Is there anything shown that can prove this?

If you would read the thread, the answer is no.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
30-07-2010, 20:13
WAAAAGH, i can't wait to get my hands on a new army book. I hope it is as good as the skaven book. Altough I hope it won't be to powerfull.

Cheers,
G

Nemesis7884
30-07-2010, 20:20
it would be the easiest if they'd find a way to make night/forrest/common gobs from the same kit and all orcs from the same kit, but i doubt thats possible... i think they will redo savage orcs and forrest goblins simply because they go very well together to build a "savage" only o&g army....

i hope they redo the orc boyz OR if not, they come out with a new moschaz box...or some additional spree for the boyz kit to build moschaz that look a bit different

Urgat
30-07-2010, 20:31
Ok, what the hell do you call a moschaz?

Nemesis7884
30-07-2010, 20:33
ahh how are they called now in english? the upgrade you can do...thought they r called moschaz now, big un's was another name or grobgitz in german...

Urgat
30-07-2010, 20:37
Ah. Big'un's in english.

Nemesis7884
30-07-2010, 20:41
a big un's kit would be nice, or a new boyz box with some add ons (like bigger weapons and different heads) to build big un's...would like that...

Pumpavius
30-07-2010, 21:04
So well, I've heard a lot about this gargantuan siper-thingy.

But what about that "cave beast"? Is just fluff stuff or there will be a model for this?

FaHeMan89
30-07-2010, 21:14
Has anyone noticed the giant-ass forest spider and squig chariot in "mustering your forces" pg xii BRB

Urgat
30-07-2010, 21:18
Yes, everybody has. Seems you haven't noticed that someone already mentionned it in that very topic, though :p

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
30-07-2010, 21:26
And that isn't a squiq chariot, it was a bagage wagon for some campaign he played in:p, if memory serves me good.

Cheers,
G

DrMabutu
30-07-2010, 21:29
And the big spider is just a 3-up spider rider mount from skull pass.

Damocles8
30-07-2010, 21:45
#@%%#@

that puts the Bret book atleast 3 out.....

Sarevok
30-07-2010, 21:47
will we get forest goblin infantry? If we do, what would make them unique enough to form a discrete set of troops, and not common goblins with different minis?

Skink-like skirmishers?

GodlessM
30-07-2010, 21:56
#@%%#@

that puts the Bret book atleast 3 out.....

4 I'm afraid :shifty:

Avian
30-07-2010, 22:03
Skink-like skirmishers?
Who actually wants Goblins who skirmish with the 8th edition skirmish rules?

Gazak Blacktoof
30-07-2010, 22:06

Scouting units that can march and shoot would be nice. But I guess that's not too different to a wolf rider or spider rider. Spiders can evn run about in terrain.

GodlessM
30-07-2010, 22:09
Scouting units that can march and shoot would be nice.

Considering a Goblin's ballistic skill?

Deon
30-07-2010, 22:10
this is good news indeed,
i only hope that they keep the essence of the O&G in the book,
by which i mean the sneakynes of the goblins
and the fightiness of the orcs,
and especially the fun factor of the army
thats my wishlisting :)

Damocles8
30-07-2010, 22:16
4 I'm afraid :shifty:

yay :shifty: ...so 2012 if I'm lucky....

Avian
30-07-2010, 22:18
You and the tree-huggers.

GodlessM
30-07-2010, 22:21
You and the tree-huggers.

If that comment is meant as a rumour in itself, then I must say I'm relieved to ever hear of a WE book no matter how far out, as it wouldn't have surprised me if GW went all Dark Eldar on their tree-hugging behinds.

Kaos
30-07-2010, 22:26
My guess on Forestgoblins is that they might have "forestwalk" or whatever the rule is called. And it makes them stubborn in forests. And poison. Outside a forest they explode on a roll of 1.

Miredorf
30-07-2010, 22:31
yay :shifty: ...so 2012 if I'm lucky....

Thats why is good to collect at least 2 armies. Just make sure you choose the 2nd wisely not gonna be you end up with bretonnians and the mentioned tree-huggers for example :D

That way you always have something new to chew on...

Of course the problem arises when you start having too many armies, then you end up like.. Umm those new boar boyz and trolls are cool, eventhough i havent painted an orc in 10 years i will still get them. Umm those new elves are awesome, eventhough i have already those units i will still get them and maybe someday paint those units again.. Umm those new chaos knights own, eventhough i have 15 painted i still need them.. UUUMMMM!!! those new beastmen are great, ill get myself the army and maybe i can have it painted in 2020.. :evilgrin:

Braad
30-07-2010, 22:41
Pfew, more new models? And I haven't even finished the current ones yet... I do happen to have bought a brand new and much bigger cupboard...

Plastic savages is all I ask for. The rest is extra's.

The Crippler
31-07-2010, 01:15

hahahaha
Quoted for truth.

jullevi
31-07-2010, 02:05
But what about that "cave beast"? Is just fluff stuff or there will be a model for this?

Fluff stuff and model support are not either-or options. If latest army books and codexes are worthy indicators, the appearance of new units without model support is more than likely.

Tuatha Dar
31-07-2010, 02:10

"...and one of the most awesomely done books in Warhammer"

You forgot that last part.

FAQs are easily done and quick. A badly done book though on the other hand (which the Skaven book most certainly was not) takes many years to get replaced. Jeremy writing this book is the best news I've heard all day.

Tuatha

Farsot
31-07-2010, 04:56
Jeremy Vetock is doing it? Ugh. Not a fan of his work on the skavens book. Skavens had a lot of good ideas but poor, ill-conceived, and uncoherent rules (not only with in the book itself but compared to the rest of the WHFB army books as well). Dont want to feel frustrated over the lack of rules coherency of my second favorit army as well as my first (Skavens).

But I'm looking forward to what ever they come up with idea/fluff wise and then the minis of course (an arachno-zilla sounds like an awesoem piece and if it will eb plastic I wonder if it'll have multiple functions, like the Lizardmens and Skavens big plastics).

Green_Mike
31-07-2010, 05:51
Very nice news indeed!
Any idea if the "stat-line" will be changed for any of the units? Or does that never occur? Just a quick thought since we generally have very low Initiative...

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 05:52
maybe forrest goblins will get poisonous attack or something (with bows) would kinda fitt their background... the guys over at avatars of war just metnionned they are planning regiment boxes now as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no army was called yet but i have the slight feeling o&g's might be in top ranks...

another question, in the rule book there are also army lists so there should be a o&g army list which should show potential new units...so list them all please (besides that spiderthingi) - are the values also listed?

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 06:19
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the next 12 months are gonna get good for the o&g's...

Trains_Get_Robbed
31-07-2010, 06:35
IS that a W.E rumor I see Avain? :p Wrong thread no? ;)

Yes the next 9 months is going to be quite interesting :shifty:.

Gazak Blacktoof
31-07-2010, 10:08
Considering a Goblin's ballistic skill?

Yeah, I don't see why not. Their Bs is average and at least it would put them into range to use their bows immediately. Scouting would also free up space in the deployment zone.

Tokamak
31-07-2010, 11:10
Yeah, I don't see why not. Their Bs is average and at least it would put them into range to use their bows immediately. Scouting would also free up space in the deployment zone.

Considering sixes always hit the goblin BS is less bad these days.

Gargskull
31-07-2010, 12:07
Will the rumoured plastic squigs be coming with this release?

El Antiguo Guardián
31-07-2010, 12:59
Orcs and Gobbos are my love army. I started to cry (not a lot) when i see this thread.
THANKS TO REPORTS.
I have one question. If Mr. Spidey is only for Legendary Battles, exist one great Squig in the book? Or the spider is for "normal" battles?

And another question... ¿There are blacks orcs riding boars? ¿Forest goblins on foot? ¿Big spiders (like the goblin hero) as rare/especial choices, in a formation like the ogre-rats, or perhaps with forest goblin above?

I´m very interesting about new units. ¿How about the image of the gods?
Greetings, The Old Guard.

twistinthunder
31-07-2010, 13:24
hastings do you know how the spider is incorporated into the book, or if it is just a stand-alone model with stand-alone rules?

Urgat
31-07-2010, 13:26
To El antiguo guardian:
There is no rumour about a legendary battle supplement, just educated guesses (well, as far as I know, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), so for now there is no reason to believe the spider wouldn't be available for normal battles. As for the rest, no information has been leaked as of now, but however cool it'd be, we can't really expect to have half a dozen new units when we already have the biggest list around, right?

El Antiguo Guardián
31-07-2010, 13:35
Thank you, Urgak. I know a lot of forums than changes the information of the whfb supplement, and they said that is Legendary Battles. But, thank you. I´m so nervious about the new book.

MajorWesJanson
31-07-2010, 14:45
Thank you, Urgak. I know a lot of forums than changes the information of the whfb supplement, and they said that is Legendary Battles. But, thank you. I´m so nervious about the new book.

Given how spindly most spiders are, they could make one roughly the size of a stegadon, but long thin legs means it would have a bigger footprint and look bigger.

Avian
31-07-2010, 15:12
hastings do you know how the spider is incorporated into the book, or if it is just a stand-alone model with stand-alone rules?
Eh? The new army book is on its way, the Araknarok Spider is on its way, naturally one will feature in the other.

Tokamak
31-07-2010, 15:20
Eh? The new army book is on its way, the Araknarok Spider is on its way, naturally one will feature in the other.

It will be included on a flyer with errata on the inside the book.

Skitter-Squeek
31-07-2010, 15:41
Jeremy Vetock is doing it? Ugh. Not a fan of his work on the skavens book. Skavens had a lot of good ideas but poor, ill-conceived, and uncoherent rules (not only with in the book itself but compared to the rest of the WHFB army books as well). Dont want to feel frustrated over the lack of rules coherency of my second favorit army as well as my first (Skavens).

But I'm looking forward to what ever they come up with idea/fluff wise and then the minis of course (an arachno-zilla sounds like an awesoem piece and if it will eb plastic I wonder if it'll have multiple functions, like the Lizardmens and Skavens big plastics).

You do know that the Skaven's book broke rules from the main rulebook waaaay before Jeremy Vetock got ahold of it. That was their thing that made em special. He actually made them more coherent to the rulebook with their new book.

Squeek

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 15:43
quoting avatars of war:
I am sorry I can't say right now which is the first race we are working on. Creating plastic minis means a pretty big investment (at least for AoW), so we have to be careful and not unveil which minis are we working on until we are much closer to release date.

What I can say though is that the plastic sets will be boxed, containing multi-component plastic frames (high-impact polystyrene, same as Perrys, GW or Mantic) to put together 16 or more troopers (depending on the type of regiment). All that together with the style and look that characterizes AoW miniatures!

chilledenuff
31-07-2010, 16:21

That made me chuckle, thanks!

As to the roumored book and plastics.. I think the fella who wrote the skaven book could do a good job. I'm guessing but forest goblins/ savage orcs / savage orc boar boys would make sense, it's 5th edition they were last done if I remember right. Some of the oldest models GW produce.

And i still think the rule 'this army beats elves' should be there, not because of the silly goblins fear elves rule, but because I just don't like elves:D

Urgat
31-07-2010, 17:16

Hush you :p

All that together with the style and look that characterizes AoW miniatures!
The Warhammer style and look?

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 17:25
simply take a look on their site... it is pretty much warhammer style, just a bit more extreme, more detailed

Urgat
31-07-2010, 17:36
Hem yeah, that's exactly what I was implying.

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 17:41
some of their models, especially the dwarf ones are breathtaking...but also the goblins and chaos are very nice

their goblin king for example makes a much better grom then grom himself :-) is he called grom in english? hell they always change names for whatever reason...stupid

Tokamak
31-07-2010, 18:15
As to the roumored book and plastics.. I think the fella who wrote the skaven book could do a good job. I'm guessing but forest goblins/ savage orcs / savage orc boar boys would make sense, it's 5th edition they were last done if I remember right. Some of the oldest models GW produce.

The savage orcs are from the sixth edition, only their boars are older. The oldest models from the range are the orc shaman and the stone trolls.

If I'm going to wishlist, common goblins please, in the same format as clanrats.

El Antiguo Guardián
31-07-2010, 18:25
Mi wish list:
Miniatures:
Forest goblins on foot, the Gargantuan (the amazing) spider (man), comon goblins on foot and riding wolfs, savage orcs on foot, savage orcs on boar, stone trolls (plastic), new mini of grom, and two metal heroes (perhaps plastic goblin hero pack, and a multi-part rock lobber/flying goblins catapult).
Rules: Forest goblins on foot, Mr. Spidey.
Desires: Black orcs on boar (metal, like VC cavalry), gigants spiders (like the goblin hero mont. If skavens have rat-ogres, and a rat-ogre mount, orcs (gobbos) can got equal).

Tokamak
31-07-2010, 18:31
I seriously don't see the appeal of black orc boar boys. I hope they'll never see the light of day.

GodlessM
31-07-2010, 18:46
I seriously don't see the appeal of black orc boar boys. I hope they'll never see the light of day.

You may be disappointed then. I distinctly remember one of our member's here talking to Jeremy at the Warhammer open day on July 10th and stating that Jeremy claimed Black Orc Boar Boyz are in the book.

Avian
31-07-2010, 18:47
I actually fielded some Black Orc Boar Boy Big 'Uns once (courtesy of my design rules http://www.avianon.net/rules/design_units.php). They were slightly inferior Chaos Knights (6th edition Chaos Knights, that is) and not really all that interesting.

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 18:56
dont see the point of black orc boarboy either...because of their heavy armor and special waepon rules...

problems i see with goblins, theyll have to make em similar to the nightgobos (which is kinda bad) or they have to make new night gobos...i dont like the night gobos, theyr kind of cheap, without options, night gobos should have the same size as skaven...and they should also hate skaven, additionally to dwarfs

and they have to change something about the goblin rules... something that distinct night/mountain goblins or normal goblins only armies are worth it...cause with all the special rules and units night gobos are simply kind of more interesting...and i dont like to mix... i think gobos need some similar rules like skaven, about sneakiness, trickiness, saving your own skin etc... something like their character get a special rule (or all) like dirty tricks where you get some advantage in duels or battles or so... right now they are a bit boring...

El Antiguo Guardián
31-07-2010, 19:01
¿It´s a joke than the black orcos on boar are in the new book?

Tokamak
31-07-2010, 19:44
You may be disappointed then. I distinctly remember one of our member's here talking to Jeremy at the Warhammer open day on July 10th and stating that Jeremy claimed Black Orc Boar Boyz are in the book.

And I distinctively remember that said member claimed Jeremy said nothing more than "yeah that'd be great".

¿It´s a joke than the black orcos on boar are in the new book?
They're a joke regardless whether they're in the new book or not.

problems i see with goblins, theyll have to make em similar to the nightgobos (which is kinda bad)
Not neccesarily, 40k gretchin were released after the night gobbo's and that's how I'd like to see the fantasy ones done.

Sarevok
31-07-2010, 19:46
Well, I'd rather see more plastics for current units that need them instead of brand new units like BOBBS
of course they may be in the book without models, since they're easily convertable

El Antiguo Guardián
31-07-2010, 20:05
And how about mork (or gork) idols?
Y really like this army. Can be any pist of new units in Old War Histories (i don´t know if this is the english name for this part of some WD).
Sorry for my bad english.

Farsot
31-07-2010, 20:06
You do know that the Skaven's book broke rules from the main rulebook waaaay before Jeremy Vetock got ahold of it. That was their thing that made em special. He actually made them more coherent to the rulebook with their new book.

Squeek

It's just lacks fingerspitzgefühl and people ignores it with a "it's skavens they get to be..", some flirting with possibilities to field old minis (as now you can add a warp-musket here and there) and/or giddy over high statlines and powerfull abilities (frankenrat). Lots of details that's just not that well done. But that said there's a lot that is and the ideas, even if the execution of them always aint, are great and the minis just awesome. It could have been made more coherent to the other army books, to it's own structure and fluff, as a whole with out sacrificing anything odd or unique

..and they have to change something about the goblin rules... something that distinct night/mountain goblins or normal goblins only armies are worth it...cause with all the special rules and units night gobos are simply kind of more interesting...and i dont like to mix... i think gobos need some similar rules like skaven, about sneakiness, trickiness, saving your own skin etc... something like their character get a special rule (or all) like dirty tricks where you get some advantage in duels or battles or so... right now they are a bit boring...

A magic standard would be nice, even if only 25 points for one single "normal" goblin block (mabe give a mini battle standar bearer which only works on goblins and only at 6" that you can have in addition to the normal one or some thing), along with that Light Armor, Shield and what not (one more Leadership then a Night Goblin). But yes, more goblins, versions of them (Forest!) and same with squigs. Will we see more Choppier Orcs with Great Choppas as well?

In any case.. If you want Black Ork of Iron Back Boars then build them and come up with the rules for them and go charging at them White Lions mounted on War lions! Sounds awesome; WAAAGH!!!

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 20:35
yeah, a orc boyz unit with options for shield/2 hand waepons / 2handed choppas and options to upgrade em to big un's :-)

does anybody allready own a unit of the new boarboyz? can you use them (their heads and upper bodys) to make orc boyz? or are their poses / body shape only suitable for boars?

i'd like to start a nightgoblin army as well, but the current models are quite bad..and i dont like mixing so i'd have to build night goblin wolf riders as well...and with the new night gobos which are no longer half-boddied, thats kinda impossible...

theorox
31-07-2010, 20:37
You won't complain when the stunning Black orc Boarboyz come out, with spikes, Barded Boars and massive weapons! :D

I think it would be pretty cool... xD

Theo

theorox
31-07-2010, 20:40
yeah, a orc boyz unit with options for shield/2 hand waepons / 2handed choppas and options to upgrade em to big un's :-)

does anybody allready own a unit of the new boarboyz? can you use them (their heads and upper bodys) to make orc boyz? or are their poses / body shape only suitable for boars?

i'd like to start a nightgoblin army as well, but the current models are quite bad..and i dont like mixing so i'd have to build night goblin wolf riders as well...and with the new night gobos which are no longer half-boddied, thats kinda impossible...

I have 15 of them i think, but only use 12 BB's, plus a converted chariot and a Warboss. They can't really stand as the lefs and arms are waaay different from the Orc boyz. I saw Grimstonefire's converted Blackorc Boarboyz, and he used the spare parts to make an orc on foot from the new set, wich was cool but short. Boarboy torso and Blackorc legs. With some Greenstuff every conversion is possible though, if your good at sculpting. :)

*Edit: Seems he was'nt short afterall. Maybe it was the proportions wich made me think so, since they are a bit different than regular orc boyz? :)

Theo

Grimstonefire
31-07-2010, 21:51
short? Height wise he is the same as a regular orc boy.

I probably wouldn't recommend this though to anyone not confident in their sculpting skills, as you have to do a fair bit of gap filling.

A random question, how many models do people think they will save to release for with the O&G book?

Nemesis7884
31-07-2010, 21:59
well...i think what people might expect
- savage orc boyz
- goblins
- savage orc boar boyz
- the spider thing
- the cave beast thing
- orc boyz (hopefully but dont think so)
- forrest goblins on foot (dont think so)
- black orc boarboyz (dont think so)

GodlessM
31-07-2010, 22:23
well...i think what people might expect
- savage orc boyz
- goblins
- savage orc boar boyz
- the spider thing
- the cave beast thing
- orc boyz (hopefully but dont think so)
- forrest goblins on foot (dont think so)
- black orc boarboyz (dont think so)

That's a bit too much to expect. Most releases are about 4 plastic kits, 2-3 metal boxes, and 2-3 blisters. None of this could fit into blisters. IIRC, Avian said there would be Savage Orcs, Orc Boyz, and the Arakhnomantic Spider all in plastic.

Tokamak
31-07-2010, 22:27
I don't think Nemesis means the whole list will be released, but in order to narrow things down you first need the entire selection.

To me the most ugly models in the range right now are Goblins and Wolf Riders. Savage orc boys seem likely they would fit with the 10-elite unit sets, boar boys not so much, I don't think their models are either old enough nor are they too common to justify a plastic release.

I seriously hope forest goblins won't make an appearance as scouts or skirmishes. If they would be released then an upgrade from common goblins with poisoned attacks seems fitting.

DISCLAIMER: Just throwing some ideas out. Nothing is based on anything substantial.

GodlessM
31-07-2010, 22:35
I don't think Nemesis means the whole list will be released, but in order to narrow things down you first need the entire selection.

I know he didn't expect this, but he felt some other people would expect it, and he is probably right, so I felt it needed to said.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
01-08-2010, 01:34
Well, if the boyz set happens, I should hope it's just the boyz from the boar boyz set on foot.

Urgat
01-08-2010, 04:49
I seriously hope forest goblins won't make an appearance as scouts or skirmishes. If they would be released then an upgrade from common goblins with poisoned attacks seems fitting.

I want them like skinks, ranked, but with scout/skirmish upgrade. Back in 5th ed (their last appearance beside the current spider riders, but those are just common gobs, the gigantic spider is a common gob mount, they didn't bother doing more), all gobs were the same.
Now night gobs have a better initiative, common gobs have a better Ld, forest gobs should have something else. Considering their background, I'd make them ITP (they live with giant, gigantic and even bigger spiders, in the old world forests, they should be a bit more gutsy than the others). With I3 and Ld5, that wouldn't really make for an overpowered unit, but that'd help them as scouts.
Weapon options would be spears, shields, short bows, or javelins (skirmishers only).

Common goblins being raiders and scavengers, they should have access to more weapon options, I'd give them braziers and, dunno, maybe great weapons or at least flails or halberds.

I asked Harry to give us a little something to prevent wishlists from happening, so don't blame me :p

Harry
01-08-2010, 05:03
I asked Harry to give us a little something to prevent wishlists from happening, so don't blame me :p
Don't blame me either.
This is still over six months away and there are other releases for fantasy to come before this.

Scryer in the Darkness
01-08-2010, 06:34
That's a bit too much to expect. Most releases are about 4 plastic kits, 2-3 metal boxes, and 2-3 blisters.
Well I have 5 Orcs & Goblins plastic codes in my list at the moment... but seeing how far away the book is, I doubt they'd be connected with it... though you never know...

Ghazbad_Facestompa
01-08-2010, 06:45
Well, I certainly didn't expect to hear info like that for a month or so. Huh, should be interesting.

Urgat
01-08-2010, 06:47
Don't blame me either.
This is still over six months away and there are other releases for fantasy to come before this.

Man, you got to know it is always somebody else's fault :p (you also got to know I was jocking, you can't seriously believe I really blamed you or anything :eek: if so, my bad, I apologize ten times).
As for other releases? I don't care about other releases, unless you got ogre snippets :p (hint-hint! Yes-yes listen to me piething! Yes hints yes hints good good-yes gooooood!)

Well I have 5 Orcs & Goblins plastic codes in my list at the moment... but seeing how far away the book is, I doubt they'd be connected with it... though you never know...

Five plastics? That's a whole load more than I expected anytime soon.
"ponders"
There's not so much metal models that need updated, after all.
I'd say the giant spider, coz it's obvious, so that leaves four.

Iddle speculations time!
Savage orcs, because everybody wants them. I honestly don't believe in savage boars or new regular boys, it's my own guesses there so I decide they're out. I don't really see squigs either, to be honest. Well anyway I already have plenty, I don't care about an immediate release, so out! What does that leave? Stone trolls? Mmh... nah, don't think so, not anytime soon. Snotlings are out too, for reasons known only of me (:p).
So, it's a toss between three things (in my opinion). Warmachines, goblins, new stuff. If I were to wagger, I'd say a new wolf charriot, new goblin warriors, new wolf riders, and either the rocklobber or the spear chukkas (on one hand it'd be neat to have both in the same kit, on the other, if it means either option looks too much like each other, bleh). Well I said if I were to wagger, but I'm not half confident in my guesses there to be quite frank.

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 07:05
yeah, just meant these are possible things that could happen regarding my list...simply because these modells are older... the things i would expect the most are probably normal goblins and savage orcs... the normal goblins simply for the reason that all the goblin kits that came out newly such as the night goblins were simply smaller so they kinda have to adjust to that (which as said i dont like) but then again they would have to do the wolf raiders as well...

hell i hate the new way the goblins are made, i want them to have a sepperate legs and torso part either, because theny you can build also stuff like night goblin wolfraiders etc... now thats really hard, except you get the ones from gamezone

one thing i would love to see is an additonal strange war machine from the goblins...something crazy...like a squig catapult or so...or a rule that they can steal stuff from other armies and use it against them during the battle (like a canon)...or some warmachine they stole from the dwarfs and made it orcish - like a flame canon or so that they made too look orcis but of course they are to dumb to use it so the chance of failure is much higher...

some kind of other mount for night gobos would also be nice...what kind of animals live in the mountains? maybe night gobos that ride on giant rats or something (well they are too small tough)...something like wolf riders but gobos - but not the uncontrolalbe suigs...or some other form of squig - like squig hounds that are controlable...or mountain lions or so

i definately think the normal gobos need some kind of additional rules to make em more interesting, if the night gobos are crazy, the forest gobos are scouts or have poisoned attacks (i think if forrest gobos on foot come it this is highly likely)

well if they are 5 and 1 is the spider i'd wish for (since i think there are plenty of character models)
- new orc boyz with big un' option
- new savage orc boyz
- new normal goblins
- new wolf riders with option to make em gobos or night gobos

chilledenuff
01-08-2010, 08:27
night goblin wolf riders always seemed wrong to me, night gobbos live in caves etc, wolves don't. I'd like smaller goblins to fit in with forest and night varieties. That and the wolves look really old compared to almost every other cavalry mount out there (apart from the elven steed, has anyone ever made the carousel conversion?).
So thats 2 plastics, goblins and wolf riders (because they are both core)
There's this big spider thing everyone goes on about. So thats 3
The 4th one? I'd expect it to be a 'rare' choice. Probably a box that makes either a huge tower for goblin archers or a wooden mork/gork construct that runs amok, as suggested by the FBRB
Pureley conjecture, but i like to guess these thing as much as the next gobbo.
What would also be nice is a sprue of elven corpses being robbed by gobbos (oh and a new grom the paunch)

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 08:52
night goblin wolf riders always seemed wrong to me, night gobbos live in caves etc, wolves don't. I'd like smaller goblins to fit in with forest and night varieties. That and the wolves look really old compared to almost every other cavalry mount out there (apart from the elven steed, has anyone ever made the carousel conversion?).
So thats 2 plastics, goblins and wolf riders (because they are both core)
There's this big spider thing everyone goes on about. So thats 3
The 4th one? I'd expect it to be a 'rare' choice. Probably a box that makes either a huge tower for goblin archers or a wooden mork/gork construct that runs amok, as suggested by the FBRB
Pureley conjecture, but i like to guess these thing as much as the next gobbo.
What would also be nice is a sprue of elven corpses being robbed by gobbos (oh and a new grom the paunch)

where the hell do you think wolfes live?????? in a den which is basically a cave - in the forrest / on the mountains....?? as do bears...they could also get bears or mountain lions...altough i like the squig idea, i was never a huge fan of how they look

as grom the paunch goes - avatars of war has a pretty much perfect model for that called goblin king...

chilledenuff
01-08-2010, 09:06
All the wolves I've seen live in zoos :( but seriously, they don't live in the london underground (the closest real life equivalent of a ruined dwarf colony i can think of!)
And yeah, i use the avatars of war goblin king on a gamezone wolf chariot for Grom, but it isn't a GW model is it? I'm sure GW would like some of that cash

Urgat
01-08-2010, 09:08
You're mixing up small caves and the underground network of tunnels night goblins live in. Wolves go in their caves to sleep, they're not underground creatures.

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 09:18
nevertheless, they are at least used to dark places...and to mountains as well...moreover they are no normal wolfes but warhammer wolfes with the size of a small horse so...i simply want to be able to build a night gobo only army...i dont like mixing up and i dont like using the gobbos because they are too boring rulewise... what else could you give the night gobos that live in caves...bats? (well nightgoblin bat riders that throw some kind uf burning fungus stuff on their enemys..kinda like the idea) or some kind of badger / mulch / mole

you could kinda build night goblin spider riders...spider live in caves...that would be an option...but i simply like wolfes better...

and if you want to see wolfes or bears, visit me, then we gonna take a hike in the mountains, they are there :-)

twistinthunder
01-08-2010, 09:30

and one's a brigade/christmas release right?

Tokamak
01-08-2010, 09:31
I want them like skinks, ranked, but with scout/skirmish upgrade

I really don't like the sound of organised skirmishers in an O&G army. It's got a bunch of rag-tag squig riders and that should be enough.

Urgat
01-08-2010, 09:31
nevertheless, they are at least used to dark places...and to mountains as well...moreover they are no normal wolfes but warhammer wolfes with the size of a small horse so...i simply want to be able to build a night gobo only army...i dont like mixing up and i dont like using the gobbos because they are too boring rulewise... what else could you give the night gobos that live in caves...bats? (well nightgoblin bat riders that throw some kind uf burning fungus stuff on their enemys..kinda like the idea) or some kind of badger / mulch / mole

Spiders are more likely to live in caves than wolves (especially very large wolves, as you pointed out). But whatever floats your boat, I'm not gonna frown if you want to put your night gobs on wolves, just don't expect GW to ever release kits that are made especially to allow for that, it just doesnt fit with the night gob theme as they see it, and I agree with them. And yeah, night goblin bat riders would be funky and I wouldn't spit on them (I'd get a handful :p), but I'd rather they focused on common goblins to make them as interesting and fun as their cave cousins, they are my favourite kind and the hooded fellows already got too much "funky" love imho, it's not fair :p

edit: ah, I see you edited to mention the spiders :p (I'm on the other side of the alps, we got a few wolves there too ;) )

I really don't like the sound of organised skirmishers in an O&G army. It's got a bunch of rag-tag squig riders and that should be enough.

I agree, with the new rules it's strange, but to be fair, I've never really liked the sound of organised, neat rank and file units for them either. But we can't just have a formation rule for each and every unit out there, and I can see forest gobs running around in lose formation (well, in my mind, it's not a formation at all, it's just a swarm of gobs running randomly among the trees) more than in neat ranks.

edited again for Great Spelling's sake.

Tokamak
01-08-2010, 09:33
Keep combining units within an army and you end up with a tasteless blend.

Avian
01-08-2010, 09:34
In any case, it's a rather pointless argument. Whether one player wants to shuffle around on which type of goblin gets which type of mount doesn't actually matter as said person isn't writing the army book.

Korraz
01-08-2010, 09:39
Wolves go in their caves to sleep, they're not underground creatures.

And even that very rarely. Wolves are not used to dark, claustrophobic places. At best, the are used to small caves, where you can see the entrance.
As for mountains...wolves are creatures designed to be excellent predators, in forests and plains. Climbing, not so much.

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 09:40
naaa not combining...the standard rules apply, the army will simply look more themed...if i want to build a all night goblin army i dont want some forrest gobos in between...but i also dont want to miss any cavallery...

i can think of a lot of fun rules for gobbo's to make em unique - i'd do
night gobos -morale +i, fanatics, netters, shrooms etc..
forest gobos - skirmishes, maybe some hiding skill, poisonous attacks or shooting

normal gobos - some type of dirty tricks rule for advantage in duels / close combat fights, maybe some moral gain bonus when overwhelming another unit, some type of scavenger rule to steal / use other armies stuff, similar rules to skaven... its kind of difficult tough, giving them special rules that should not apply to other goblin types.. what can you think of?
maybe some special weapon only they can use... or something like better sight because they live in the tundra...kinda hard...but as it is, i simply have not a lot reason to choose a gobo unit over a night gobo

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 09:41
And even that very rarely. Wolves are not used to dark, claustrophobic places. At best, the are used to small caves, where you can see the entrance.
As for mountains...wolves are creatures designed to be excellent predators, in forests and plains. Climbing, not so much.

well agree on all that...but after all, its a fantasy games, and honestly, havent heard of a lot of wolfes you can ride on...

but i kinda like my bat riding night goblin idea...kinda really like that...

Urgat
01-08-2010, 09:49
but as it is, i simply have not a lot reason to choose a gobo unit over a night gobo

Currently? There's no reason but theme. And I still pick them in my lists ("points to avatar"), that's why I'm so nosy with people taking night gob armies and not having the guts to stick to the choice for good and for bad :p (just pulling your leg, I don't care people having night gob wolf riders, pretty much everybody who starts a "night gob army" adds wolf or spider riders with night gobs on it. Wether I then consider it a pure night goblin army or not is irrelevant). By the way, in english, morale is leadership, and unfortunately for your ego, batriders is an idea that pops up once in a while in these parts ;)

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 10:04
well as soon as night gobos gets some kind of cavallery i will switch...besides, you should give people some credits if they limit themself heavily to a themed army :D

on the other hands i only use normal gobbos in my orc army and no night gobos...

El Antiguo Guardián
01-08-2010, 10:39
How about Wurrzag?
When orcs had the last released, GW put Wurrzag in the e-mail (when they spoke about heroes for another miniatures of Orcs & Goblins).

rodmillard
01-08-2010, 11:29
I don't honestly see SOBBs getting their own kit - come on, if Savage orcs are done in plastic, does anyone really ecpect GW to make a seperate kit for boar boys when they can sell people two kits that are dead easy to combine?

chilledenuff
01-08-2010, 12:06
yes, they could then sell 3!

Tastyfish
01-08-2010, 12:27
5 Plastic kits? I would guess Araknok spider, Arra Boyz, Squigs, Savage orcs and then something else.

Squigs I think have been mentioned before. Possibly a herder/hopper kit depending on how they work in the new rules (used to be something vaguely akin to fanatics for squig herds in 6th ed didn't they?). With the changes to the skirmish rules and if forest goblins become skirmishers (I would say almost definite if they actually get their own unit entry given the whole steadfast in woods rule for skirmishers) I could see them deciding that squig hoppers work better as going back to being random lone models.

Arra Boyz wouldn't surprise me either now that the single part models are gone from the battalion and the new volley fire rules make them worth taking. Have there been many other models to go from plastic to metal before?

Savage orcs are the last (apart from array boyz who were plastic and now aren't) core to be still metal. Seems like a good enough reason to expect them - also fit rather nicely from a thematic point of view alongside forest goblins (lookswise even if they are forest goblins and desert orcs) if they're the ones riding the bigger spider.

Other than that, I would think the last kit might be something a bit unexpected like a Rock Lobba or Shaman kit but a lot depends on whether or not the book comes out with this release or whether the Araknok spider gets its rules in WD prior to the book coming out.

Wolves are now one of the oldest plastics, but do update those you'd also need to update the common goblin sprues and we don't have space for those without bumping off something else (savage orcs or arra boyz). Forest goblin infantry would be nice (so you can have an army of them made up of more than one unit - also as skirmishers there is a role for them) but without a new book to update their rules you're trying to market a new box purely on the back of being 60pts of different looking goblins.

So yeah - warmachine, more trolls or savage orc boarboyz for the last kit.

Chadjabdoul
01-08-2010, 12:53
I think the strongest candidates for the plastic boxes are S. Orc boyz, the Arachnarok spider, and a common goblin/forest goblin combo box.

A box with 4 squig herd teams and 5 squig hoppers would be a great idea. Herd units need to be big, and the cost of building a big enough herd out of metal is the only reason we don't see them on tabletops as much.
Unfortunately I don't see such a release that likely.

Instead I think the spear chukka (possibly combining a doom diver catapult) is a more likely release. Also probable are new wolf riders, and S.Orc boarboyz since they have disappeared from the site.

Finally, to comment to the speculation of one of the boxes being a batallion, the O&G got one last christmas, so hopefully it will be a new release.

PS Metal box with Grom wouldn't surprise me at all.

Tastyfish
01-08-2010, 13:07
Hadn't thought of that, two from either black or savage orcs or arra boyz, a unit of trolls or a giant/araknok spider and boarboyz for a reinforcement battalion would work as well. Think it was said in the other thread that High elves are getting a reinforcement battalion around Christmas

Panzeesmasha
01-08-2010, 14:44
I'll avoid wishlisting too much on this thread regarding units etc but I recently looked again at the O&G 5th/6th (? Which was it? Prior to the current one...) edition book and realised how much we'd lost from that book to our current one.. especially in the magic items section. I'd like to see magic items being given an overhaul. Re-instate 'sizzla's shiny baubles', 'ditto's double doin doo dahs' and 'Buzgob's Knobbly staff' amongst others. What annoys me a little bit is that the previous book was.. well.. just funnier and better written, items were removed but not replaced with anything (haven't we got like 2 magic armour choices or something now??) and, in most ways, O&G are weaker than before (though better under 8th).

Animosity should go back to what it was: roll a 1, you roll on another table. 1= shoot, charge friendly unit, 2-5 = squabble, 6= waaaaagh!. a 1in3 chance of a wacky unit move is just pants at the moment.

Mat Ward should not go near it! (Unless, he does a 'DoC' with us of course :p )

Silvertongue
01-08-2010, 14:50
Hm, I don't think any O&G player would like their army to become the new poster boys for all the nerdrage in internet. Creating powerful and balanced books is possible: if the price for having a good book is being overpowered, I'd rather keep my weak book, thank you very much.

Kyte
01-08-2010, 15:04
The plastic kits will probably be:

Goblins

Goblin Wolf Riders

Savage Orcs

A new set of Orc Boyz with bow options included

Giant Spider

I don't see GW making Savage Orc Boar Boys, as it would be easy to just mix parts from a new savage orc kit.

Another possibility is a new chariot set withcould be assambled as both an orc or a goblin chariot.

A Doom Diver/Rock Lobber plastic kit is another posibility.

Tokamak
01-08-2010, 18:15
I would be deeply satisfied with that release.

Joewrightgm
01-08-2010, 18:20
Not sure about what models are going to be released, but I'm sensing Janu-Waagh-ry! again . . .

saitani
01-08-2010, 18:22
I would guess.

Orc boys set of 10 with parts to make savage orks and error boys.

Comon goblin set of 20. with some type of squig as an upgrade to the unit.

Squig herd of 10 with riders as an option.

Wolf riders in boxes of 5.

and the big spider thingy.

3 Special characters in metal 2 new ones 1 remake. One of them on a big mount.

Animosity will be redone completly.
ork boys reduced to 4p
goblins reduced to 2 with half point option for spears/shields.
Big uns a 2p upgrade again.
Black orcs reduced to 10p

Wouldnt suprise me if orks got a minimum requirement on core of 30-35%
Big spider thingy has 5 str 5 poison attacks at ws3-4 iniative 4 Thunderstomp and an webabilety to reduce iniative/str of an oponenent. Howdah fits 10-15 goblins with spears and short bows with poison.

GodlessM
01-08-2010, 18:38
Orc boys set of 10 with parts to make savage orks and error boys.

Big spider thingy has 5 str 5 poison attacks at ws3-4 iniative 4 Thunderstomp and an webabilety to reduce iniative/str of an oponenent. Howdah fits 10-15 goblins with spears and short bows with poison.

From what I have heard Orc Boyz and Savage Orcs are getting different kits, which makes more sense as having a dual-kit for both with have too may torsos to contain.

On the Spider, from what I gather it is a Legendary Battles unit not intended for normal size games.

twistinthunder
01-08-2010, 18:46
so like i asked hastings about.

not so dumb a question now is it?

Daniel36
01-08-2010, 18:46
I am glad to know there will be Orc Boyz and Savage Orcs seperately. That way, people can finally make a real themed army.

Will the same be done for Forest Goblins and Night Goblins? I never really liked the Night Goblins, but thought the Forest Goblins were ace. But really, it was very difficult to make pure armies for either army. You couldn't easily mount a Night Goblin on Spider (which would make sense if you ask me... Night Gobbo Wolf Riders not so much though).

By now, GW should have the expertise to make the most versatile kits ever. They can create one set for 3 different units, easy.

Grimstonefire
01-08-2010, 19:12
Thanks Scryer for the number, and godless for giving a hint about what he heard.

Seems to me we're looking at savage orcs and the spider for certain. New boys, probably. Anything else will probably be metal to plastic, as that seems to be the recent trend.

75hastings69
01-08-2010, 19:29
.....On the Spider, from what I gather it is a Legendary Battles unit not intended for normal size games.

I wouldn't be so certain on that ;)

Or so quick to dismiss savage Orc boar boyz ;)

Harry
01-08-2010, 19:35
TeeHee. :D :D :D

Does anyone honestly think they are going to make a big kit and then NOT include it in the army book or somehow limit it's use to a certain type of game. They want to sell as many as possible. I imagine being given every encouragement to include it in any and every army build.

Also Boarboyz got shafted last army book (when they were not redoing the minis) but I am willing to bet they will be looking tasty this time.

Urgat
01-08-2010, 19:44
I don't care about plastic savage boar boyz ><

By now, GW should have the expertise to make the most versatile kits ever. They can create one set for 3 different units, easy.

That again. Take your "ace" forest goblin. Now take a night goblin. Try and imagine what you get if you have one single set to represent both. I dispise this idea, you can't even imagine how much.

On a side note, I've gave up on the goblin unit I was building, because of the possibility of plastic common gobs... and I had finally started working on it seriously too :/

Harry
01-08-2010, 19:45
That again. Take your "ace" forest goblin. Now take a night goblin. Try and imagine what you get if you have one single set to represent both. I dispise this idea, you can't even imagine how much.
Never going to happen.

Urgat
01-08-2010, 19:49
Yeah, I know, they can't even put all the weapons options in one kit for some units, so two units in? :p

BramGaunt
01-08-2010, 19:55
Incoming: Nightwood Goblins!

The fearsome savages of the Nightwoods of the easter Empire look like your avarage woodgoblin army, except for the mysterious hoods drawn over their hook-like noses. In combat, they rely on accurate fanatic attacks - and whats better than three mushroom-frenzied lunatics with giant steel balls on chains? Exactly, imagine them naked except for some fancy tatoo, a leaf of poison ivy to cover the man-parts, and a black cloak with leaf-pattern all over. It's unnecesary to mention their balls are poisoned.

Riding the gargantuous spider-squigs, Nightwood - Goblins are masters of surprise-attacks. They are not bouncing, they are not crawling - they are bounce-crawling. One moment it was there, the other it's hopping down the tree behind you.

Nightwood - Goblins are a new, dangerous race of greenskins, combining the wickedness of nightgoblins and the poisones naked awesomeness of woodgoblins. Expect intregueing plastic-kits like: Nightwood - goblin on Giant Spidersquig, Nightwoodgoblin Spear-archers, Spider-squig cavallery and the deadly Nightwood-spidersquigbeast of the woods.

I think I am lacking some sleep, but I just could not resist...

Sidenote: I made this one up (to prevent any strange new rumours...)

Urgat
01-08-2010, 20:15
Nice one Bram, and it perfectly sums up my thoughts on the matter :p Btw, they are bounce-crawling, I love that :p

Bun Bun
01-08-2010, 20:20
Now THAT was funny!

BB :cool:

twistinthunder
01-08-2010, 20:21
TeeHee. :D :D :D

Does anyone honestly think they are going to make a big kit and then NOT include it in the army book or somehow limit it's use to a certain type of game. They want to sell as many as possible. I imagine being given every encouragement to include it in any and every army build.

Also Boarboyz got shafted last army book (when they were not redoing the minis) but I am willing to bet they will be looking tasty this time.

so surely the spider isn't as big as we think it is right.

if im wrong im going to need a very big boot...

broodjeork
01-08-2010, 20:26
so surely the spider isn't as big as we think it is right.

if im wrong im going to need a very big boot...

i wonder if they'l make a 3 up version of it. probably be the same size as a dog:D

Avian
01-08-2010, 20:28
Remember that the footprint of the spider will mostly be the legs, not the body as such. Thus even on a 100 x 100 mm base, it's not like it's going to have 20 Wounds or be able to flip over buildings.

GodlessM
01-08-2010, 20:36
I wouldn't be so certain on that ;)

I didn't dismiss them.

mrtn
01-08-2010, 20:40
It's unnecesary to mention their balls are poisoned.

Ouch. :D

I think it could be interesting to see more primitive greenskins. I wouldn't be too surprised to see forest goblins, though, as they're mentioned in both the Beastmen Armybook and the new BRB.

Urgat
01-08-2010, 20:49
The fact that they have a unit and a "count as" lord mini in the current armybook might be of interest too :p

Lord Mayor Of Y'ha-nthlei
01-08-2010, 21:05
I think forset goblings are quite likely. GW have had a tendency to revisit older ideas of late. i think the trend may have actually started with spider riders returning to the O&G last edition. since then there's been a few things such as the doom wheel. this combined with recent references in various GW publications and rumours of the Araknarok spider gives at least a tiny bit of plausability to the idea. though it may only mean that they might be in the next O&G book not that they're getting models any time soon (you might be able to loot the crew off the araknarok though)

I've heard various rumours of Squigs (not specific if it's herdz or hoppers) and possibly a Doomdiver

Nemesis7884
01-08-2010, 21:16
From what I have heard Orc Boyz and Savage Orcs are getting different kits, which makes more sense as having a dual-kit for both with have too may torsos to contain.

On the Spider, from what I gather it is a Legendary Battles unit not intended for normal size games.

doesnt mean you cant use it...i use the unclean one from forge world too as a great nurgle demon :evilgrin:

75hastings69
01-08-2010, 21:42
I didn't dismiss them.

Apologies my post was unclear, that comment was directed at those that dismissed the savage Orc boar boys.

Nightwood goblins.... could have been worse, could have been "morningwood"!!! :D:D:D

kyussinchains
01-08-2010, 21:59
I imagine being given every encouragement to include it in any and every army build.

This is why I'm glad none of my opponents play O&G very often, I would get sick to the back teeth of something like that turning up in every game, even I leave my Hydras at home sometimes..... ;)

Kaos
01-08-2010, 22:28
If there are Forest Goblins in the making i hope they get great weapons as options, also in the new rules of course. It would look really cool in my mind! And it would give them something over Night Goblins with their trickery.

R-Love
01-08-2010, 23:25
So we're getting morningwood fanatics with poisoned balls? :wtf:...:eek:

RUN! RUN! RUUUUUUN!

GW: Destroying your innocence one army at a time :)

I want to apologize to everybody offended by this post...so yeah, just everybody

Tokamak
01-08-2010, 23:34

I am quick to dismiss them. Their current models are amazing and there are far higher priorities.

MrSatan
01-08-2010, 23:45
Dependin on how awesome this spider looks and what the rules for it or like, this might convince me to play warhammer, O hastings, harry of the pies, any other information you can possible give would make me a happy man indeed

Avian
02-08-2010, 07:32
I am quick to dismiss them. Their current models are amazing and there are far higher priorities.
Their current models are one of only TWO (count 'em) metal / plastic hybrid kits in the army (disregarding characters) and replacing those tends to be very high on GW's priority list. ;)

The hair
02-08-2010, 07:46
So as well as the massive spider and Savage orc boys, this'd mean we now know two more of the kits? (If I'm reading Avian's hint correctly)

DaemonReign
02-08-2010, 08:10
So as well as the massive spider and Savage orc boys, this'd mean we now know two more of the kits? (If I'm reading Avian's hint correctly)

It would be common sense for GW to refurnish their savage-orc model-range. You don't need to have Avian's sources to concider this bit a dead given concerning Any new major release for OnG. The lack of Real Savage orcboarboys-models for example, makes us anti-proxy ****** field conciderable Less of them (while tactically lamenting that we did).

And come to think of it, versus the Daemons I've played lately, Savage orcs are definately my most dreaded core-enemy of the OnG book.

Awesome, just spent a mild fortune on the Daemons release - now I know what's next! :shifty:

Avian
02-08-2010, 09:12
It's not a hint, I was merely refuting the statement that SOBBs wouldn't be a high priority.

GodlessM
02-08-2010, 10:33

To you, which doesn't necessarily equal GW's priorities.

davidvonhauser
02-08-2010, 11:15
Their current models are one of only TWO (count 'em) metal / plastic hybrid kits in the army (disregarding characters) and replacing those tends to be very high on GW's priority list. ;)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the other? I even had a look through the book and still couldn't work it out.

abuk
02-08-2010, 11:31
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the other? I even had a look through the book and still couldn't work it out.

I think it's the Wolf Chariot - wolfes are plastic and the rest is tin.

Chadjabdoul
02-08-2010, 11:47
So as well as the massive spider and Savage orc boys, this'd mean we now know two more of the kits?

I think we kind of know one more. Savage Boarboyz.
I still consider the common goblins (possibly with f.goblin options) a really strong candidate.

If that means that there in one more kit to speculate about I imagine it could be one of the following : Wolf riders, wolf chariot, warmachine (sp. chukka?), or plastic Stone Trolls (oldest models, together with the beautiful plastic wolf).

(edited after Jedi pointed the obvious mistake)

Jedi152
02-08-2010, 11:48
Plastic river trolls were released recently.

xxRavenxx
02-08-2010, 11:57
I want a massive squig... a massive massive squig :(

Pfft to the big spiders.

Tokamak
02-08-2010, 12:31
Hey wait a sec, the savage orc boar boys are no longer on sale. I guess that does make them likely to be updated.

Harry
02-08-2010, 13:13
Are you really struggling to interpret hastings wink?

Flatline
02-08-2010, 13:23
Go easy on him Harry. Orkses are 'ard of thinkin'. ;)

Assuming that GW want to get shot of their hybrid and pure metal miniatures I would have thought that the likely new plastics would be:
Savage Orc Boyz
Savage Orc Boar Boyz
Goblin Wolf Chariot
Aracknaork
One of the war machines. Stone thower maybe?

Robotlord
02-08-2010, 13:36
GW: Destroying your innocence one army at a time :)

Love it.
Sigged:)

Korraz
02-08-2010, 14:15
Aren't both Chariots still metal/plastic?

I really don't believe in SOBB, just making a SOB-Kit and getting people to combine it with the BB-Kit would be more profitable.

The Boar Chariot would be logical, IMO. New boars, new boar chariot. The same goes for wolf riders/wolf chariot.
Purely Speculated I'd say:
Arachnaork
Savage Orcs
Boar Chariot
Goblins
Wolf Riders

and later, in a second wave Forest Goblins and Wolf Chariot.

Sarevok
02-08-2010, 14:57
GW is slow to replace plastic kits when there are metals out there that need it.
And they didn't make a new DE Chariot for the new Cold Ones.

Maybe another plastic Warmachine. Combined Stone Thrower/ Doom Diver?

Grimstonefire
02-08-2010, 15:13
Maybe another plastic Warmachine. Combined Stone Thrower/ Doom Diver?

That would make a fair bit of sense, killing two birds with one stone (sorry, I couldn't resist that one :rolleyes:)

Hochdorf
02-08-2010, 16:17
I know they prefer to replace metals first, but the wolf riders and common goblins really need to be redone. The gobbos are one of the worst plastic sets out there imho (and I think NGs are one of the best!), and the wolves are ancient...

That said, a really nicely done plastic savage orc set would probably force me to build a savage orc horde... So I'd be happy either way.

Forest goblins would be great too!

The O&G range is just so huge...

Morhgoz
02-08-2010, 16:40
I hope they don't do wolfies yet, just bought 6 boxies chaos warhounds for wolfrider conversions...

El Antiguo Guardián
02-08-2010, 18:03
In my opinion, the don´t release wolf riders (but the release common goblins), and the do the wolf riders in a 2nd wave.
This is my stake:
Spider
Common goblins (perhaps with forest gobbos, but they´re very differents).
Savage boyz
Savage boar boyz
Doom diver/rock lober (in one pack).

And, for a 2nd wave, wolf riders, orc charriot, goblin chariot, and stone trolls.

One question...¿How about spider swarms? The´re in 6ªed O&G book, in hordes part, with forest gobbos on spiders. If they release forest goblins on spider, why not spiders swarms? Perhaps they´re one metal blister with two swarms (or they´re in the big spider pack).

Nemesis7884
02-08-2010, 18:19
i wish they will

what i would LOVE to see to make all goblin armies a bit more versataile and develop them more in to the direction that you can build better goblin only armies...you should still be able to combine these armies, but it should also be easier to make a goobo only army

A) an additional crazy warmachine for goblins
possibly: - a squig lobber - first the unit takes a hit and then the squig goes on a rampage
- some kind of crazy special chariot / pump wagon mixture which works like a lawn mower / harvester
- a stolen dwarfen cannon or similar that just has been "orcified" (my new favorite word)
- some kind of warmachine that involves a troll...like he throws anything or he gets some kind of war-suit or gobos that ride on him
- suicide goblins that have some kind of bomb attached on their neck and can run into other units and explode
B) an additional unit which has some better fighting skills then normal gobos this could something like the sneaky gitz from the chaos dwarfs -for example
goblin veterans with the special rule dirty tricks and survival instincts - first lets em strike first alway (or maybe lower armor save of target) - second let em ignore the first hit or something...
c) a special nightgoblin shaman character called xyz the fungus masta - he carries a large array of shrooms which he can use for himself or the unit he is ine with different effects (some make em frenzy, others immune to psychology etc...)
D) e special night goblin unit that drinks crazy fungus beer and gets immuno to psychology and frenzy - maybe with 2h weapons that are actually way to big for them...
E) some kind fo special rule for the normal gobos to make them more interesting to take...

overall i think the goblins deserve some more attention...right now they are kinda only a attachement to the orcs...i like the way goblins are presented in warcraft more... i think they should be sneakier, a bit smarter... about the same intellect as skaven...and should also have these kind of crazy machines...i dont see why skaven would be smarter or tougher...

Sliver
02-08-2010, 18:55
Oh, new Armybook soon! Then its most likely a good decision for me to start a small Skaven army while waiting until the O&G book comes and finish my main army then!

My thoughts on what new plastic kits we'll see:

Savage Orc Boyz (no common orc boyz, no savage orc boar boyz)
When it comes to ordinary orc boyz, I see no reason for an update. They still look good, and being interchangeble with 40k Orcs (and savage orcs, if that box comes) there are many possibilites for customization. Not likely that they will release two sets of orcs on foot, so Savage Orcs Boyz would be more logical. The option for bows could be included aswell.

About Savage Orc Boar Boyz, they released Boar Boyz resently. A new Savage Orc Boyz box would open up for combining the new Boar Boyz to Savage Orc Boar Boyz.

Wolf riders / Wolf Chariot
Wolf riders, they're just so old and ugly, they really need an update. And the wolf chariot is pretty dated, so would make sense to release new wolves.

Common/forest goblins
The old goblin box is far to dated aswell. A new armybook to make common / forest goblins viable seems like a reason to release a goblin kit.

Squigs OR a Goblin Character kit
The squigs are cool, but to expensive to buy loads of. Everyone loves squigs, they'd sell for sure :shifty:. Or an interchangable convert your goblin hero box (similar to the Orc Warlord on boar kit).

Doomdiver / Rock Lobba
With stone throwers being boosted (well, easier to aim atleast) and no plastic goblin warmachines, it would not surprise me to see a warmachine plastic box.

theorox
02-08-2010, 19:06
Wait, how many plastic kits did Skaven get? Clanrats, Stormvermin, Plaugemonks and doomwheel? Are Ratogres+Giantrats from the newest release too?

I won't give my wishlist here, in fear of being critizised for how i wish things were. :D

Theo

GodlessM
02-08-2010, 19:06
Can I just point out that we've gotten very sure reckonings on the Arakhnomantic Spider, SOBBs, Savage Orcs, and Orc Boyz for plastic kits. Not sure how certain the guys are, but these are the four that are floating the most and getting put out there by Avian, Harry and Hastings collectively.

Wait, how many plastic kits did Skaven get? Clanrats, Stormvermin, Plaugemonks and doomwheel? Are Ratogres+Giantrats from the newest release too?

I won't give my wishlist here, in fear of being critizised for how i wish things were. :D

Theo

The Plague Monks came out in 2005.

02-08-2010, 19:09
Yeah, the plaguemonks have been out quite a while, the kit your thinking of was the Screming Bell/Plague Furnace

I think GodlessM is probably right regarding the O&G plastics. I've also heard a few rumours about squigs but not many so i doubt they're in this wave

Sliver
02-08-2010, 19:11
Can I just point out that we've gotten very sure reckonings on the Arakhnomantic Spider, SOBBs, Savage Orcs, and Orc Boyz for plastic kits. Not sure how certain the guys are, but these are the four that are floating the most and getting put out there by Avian, Harry and Hastings collectively.

I hope you're wrong, cba to update my boyz. I've spent alot of effort to mix in 40k heads, weapons for my Common Boyz. And well, bare torsos for my Savage orcs. And warhounds for wolfriders / wolf chariot. Well, maybe that means I dont have to buy the new kits.

Anyway, looking forward to a new Armybook.

Ramius4
02-08-2010, 19:12

Theo

They got 4. Screaming Bell/Furnace, Clanrats, Doomwheel and Stormvermin.

The Rat Ogres, Giant Rats and Plague Monks were all released at the time of the Lustria campaign book. About 5 years ago.

theorox
02-08-2010, 19:17
I see.. Thanks guys. :)

Theo

Nemesis7884
02-08-2010, 19:32
i reaaaaaaaaaly thing gobos need an update, an additional unit, some more warmachines (funny unreliable ones of course) and the greenskin need an additional special shaman character - there is just one orc once... THE FUNGUS MASTA!!!!! im ******* brilliant

Nemesis7884
02-08-2010, 19:45
what about a goblin shredder

02-08-2010, 19:53
They're already in 40k, they're called killa kans

Avian
02-08-2010, 20:53
Can I just point out that we've gotten very sure reckonings on the Arakhnomantic Spider, SOBBs, Savage Orcs, and Orc Boyz for plastic kits.
I believe the savages on foot have been done for some time. I was told they'd be out with the Boar Boyz and Trolls back in May.

El Antiguo Guardián
02-08-2010, 21:16
We´re forgetting the squiggs...

GodlessM
02-08-2010, 21:33
I believe the savages on foot have been done for some time. I was told they'd be out with the Boar Boyz and Trolls back in May.

I remember you saying.

Tastyfish
02-08-2010, 21:51
Orc Boyz

Really, thought that was just a suspected retool at most, and largely when people were expecting the new book.

Adding bows makes sense, but I don't reckon the poses would quite as good if that were the case. Or at the very worst, a little more orcthentic rather than accurate.

Miredorf
02-08-2010, 21:53
So plastic boyz are sure in the next wave/book release?

Korraz
02-08-2010, 22:12
I doubt it. The boyz are comparable to the 40k boyz or tactical marines. Not the best minis, but plastic, decent and not that old.

Avian
02-08-2010, 22:30
We´re forgetting the squiggs...
I wouldn't bet on plastic squigs. Those aren't exactly models that would translate well to 'multipartness', I think.

Tastyfish
02-08-2010, 22:44
I wouldn't bet on plastic squigs. Those aren't exactly models that would translate well to 'multipartness', I think.

Wouldn't have thought horrors did, or Gretchin. Front and back seems easy enough to get right.

Or was this a hint

Ramius4
02-08-2010, 22:50

Which is unfortunate. Even single piece squigs with herders would be an awesome kit to have in plastic. It's hard to afford big units of them in metal.

Gargskull
02-08-2010, 23:25
I seem to remember someone on here saying something about a plastic squig box not so long ago.

GodlessM
03-08-2010, 00:47
Yea that would have been the tonnes of people expressing how they hope for it. Nothing more as far as I know.

Morhgoz
03-08-2010, 07:13

I think they are, at least more than gnoblars or gretchin. Legs, torso, head?

El Antiguo Guardián
03-08-2010, 08:01
I wait for the squigs. And i remember a rumor who said that the squigs will be released qith another miniatures for other armies (i remember that the rumour said the hellpit abomination).
And another rumour said that, with the higth elves and the skavens 2nd wave, they release miniatures for another armies.
Squiggs are metal infantery. Metal in a plastic world!
Perhaps they do a box with, for example, 6 squigs and 4 gobbos, for 35,95 USA dolars, or perhaps 23,96 USA dolars.

Crovax20
03-08-2010, 08:25
I am hoping for new orc boy models or some update like they did with the (un?)gors

Ney
03-08-2010, 09:25
Why is it that a lot of people think that their old (cool converted) boys will suddenly become unusable or uncool if a new model range arrives?
Theres a ton of different orc and goblin tribes, who says they cant differ in size and looks? I mean I dont have to travel far to find people that differ in size and looks from me :)

Personally I hope for a new goblin chariot set, because i kinda dislike the old one, and it never seems to stay in one piece for me :P

Blorc boarboys would make me sad however, the solution to making the current way cool boar boys usable game wise is not to stuff some extra armour on a bigun. I really hope they do something creative instead.

Oh and to all of you that wish better or less animosity, go play skaven or something! >:( Animosity is what MAKE OnG and one of the reasons why they are so damn fun.

Memnos
03-08-2010, 09:48
We've heard a lot about the models, but we need to ask Harry a -real- question about the new Orcs and Goblins:

Will they still be as fun to play with a pint in your hand? Ogres are meant to be played with doughnuts at hand to offer your opponent and Orcs were meant to be fun to be played with alcohol in your bloodstream. How pint-friendly are the new greenskins?

Urgat
03-08-2010, 10:01
Oh and to all of you that wish better or less animosity, go play skaven or something! >:( Animosity is what MAKE OnG and one of the reasons why they are so damn fun.

For my part, I merely wish it goes back to what it was before.