vet- sword of swift slaying, dawn stone, light, shield= 143

warriors x39- command= 459

warriors x38- command= 448

ancient stegadon= 275

ancient stegadon= 275

chameleons x7=84

chameleons x7=84

total=2491

the stegs cover the flanks and the slann is solo and the bsb and gor is for the blocks to be stubborn
the chameleons are for war machine hunting. the slann uses lore of light for the ASF and I10 spells that is just so good for lizards. plz commit and tell me what you think.

beridon
02-08-2010, 10:20
slann-mystery, ruination, plague of protection lore of light= 355

Will do with the 2+ ward save. and if he miscast less likely to blow up allies. i like it

Gor-rock =215

Pretty beefy chap. Like it.

vet- bsb, crown of command, light, shield=153

Bit surprised by the crown. It does almost guarantee that you never run but thats also the case without. Maybe give him a other magic item. something to make him lethal or more durable.

vet- sword of swift slaying, dawn stone, light, shield= 143

Ok this is just plain weird. The thing that always strike first is going to do for you is make you kill your enemy before he strikes. That "should" mean he doesent get hit back. So why give him the dawn stone. It just doesn't add up. Your also missing out on the reroll to hit bonus from fisrt strike since your I is 3.

In other words. ditch the always strike first. If you want him to strike first give him the I10 Weapon. Way better for a lizardman.

Personaly i would try to give him a 1+ or atleast a 2+ save. that way he just wont die. then give him a great weapon. even tho he strikes last he wont die cause of his save and then dishes out 4 S7 attacks. eat that! Yer lizardman! you got T5 and reroll 1+ save! you will get to make your S7 attacks. go slay some hydras with it. i do it all the time!

warriors x39- command= 459

Awesome!

warriors x38- command= 448

Consider that the lizardmens core are rather.... mediocre. try some more specials. Normal stegs kick ass.(even tho the whole world says they dont.)

ancient stegadon= 275

ancient stegadon= 275

I Really say that salamanders are a must. if your facing mobs of like 40 models(like your own warrior units) they will devastate them. Salamanders are MUST! hell drop a ancient if you have to. ancients wont chew true such mobs fast enuf.

chameleons x7=84

chameleons x7=84

Fine, but i prefer regular skinks. Javelins got really nasty with range 12. But its true their not as good at war machine hunting.(maybe lore o metal for your slann?)

total=2491

the stegs cover the flanks and the slann is solo and the bsb and gor is for the blocks to be stubborn
the chameleons are for war machine hunting. the slann uses lore of light for the ASF and I10 spells that is just so good for lizards. plz commit and tell me what you think.

Lore of light is good. But metal and heavens will help you deal with those cursed cannons who pop your stegs in 1-2 turn. they almost cant miss anymore. Their all good and light too. stick with it a few matches. if it works wel keep it. I'm gonna try it out too.

BTW! Make it a 2600 pt list. With the new army restrictions that makes WAAYYY more sense. Its the new standard at our local GW, gaming club and amongst my friends and the local tourney. WAYYY better.

WarmbloodedLizard
02-08-2010, 12:29
Lore of light is good. But metal and heavens will help you deal with those cursed cannons who pop your stegs in 1-2 turn. they almost cant miss anymore. Their all good and light too. stick with it a few matches. if it works wel keep it. I'm gonna try it out too.

BTW! Make it a 2600 pt list. With the new army restrictions that makes WAAYYY more sense. Its the new standard at our local GW, gaming club and amongst my friends and the local tourney. WAYYY better.

I expect that he will run the saurus as a horde, therefore needing the stubborn of the two characters. lore of light will make the saurus WS10, I10, S4, -1 to hit, move 1000000", etc.

I'd add a lv1 skink priest for the signature lore of heavens spell. that also gives you the option to take another arcane item.

and give your slann mystery (you want all the important spells) and cupped hands (stopping your slann from dying and killing an opposing wizard is just grand.

the BSB hungers for the Enchanted Shield.

to get points, drop the non-stubborn Scar Vet and 2 chams of each unit.

1-2 salamanders would also be really nice, but I have no idea where to get the points from. but since your two saurus hordes are actually great against opposing RnF, you don't need them THAT bad.

edit: about game size: I'm totally pro 2400pts as the new standard.