PDA

View Full Version : VC questions

Red Skullz
01-08-2010, 11:03
Hey!

After a very long pause from WHFB the new edition has motivated me to give it a go. My plan is to finally realise that undead bug I`ve had for many years so VC is a natural choice for me as Khemri is just a bit silly and doesn`t really fit my bill.

I penned down the following guidelines for myself:
- Zombie Dragon or Winged Nightmare
- Varghulf or Black Coach
- Hordes of skellies and zombies
- Knights if possible

My questions are (note that I`ve only just ordered the army book but I`m just very curious on these things :) )

1. Zombie Dragon?
Is the zombie dragon only for that special character or can you buy it as a steed for a normal lord? If that is so, is the Winged Nightmare the largest steed I can buy for a normal lord?

2. Varghulf
Yes the mini is horrible but are the rules good? As in tag teamed with the above lord (in question 1) with ZD or WN?

3. Size on hordes?
Zombies I want to go for at least 30 but how many skellies? The same or should I utilise them in a different role?

4. Choices
I`m a greenskin player at heart and so I`ve always preferred the hordy approach but in addition having a lot of smaller niche units for different tasks. What units are nice in that sense for VC? I plan on a grinding style if that`s any help.

Hope someone can help me out while I wait for the army book :)

R

T10
01-08-2010, 11:23
1. Zombie Dragon?
Is the zombie dragon only for that special character or can you buy it as a steed for a normal lord? If that is so, is the Winged Nightmare the largest steed I can buy for a normal lord?

2. Varghulf
Yes the mini is horrible but are the rules good? As in tag teamed with the above lord (in question 1) with ZD or WN?

3. Size on hordes?
Zombies I want to go for at least 30 but how many skellies? The same or should I utilise them in a different role?

4. Choices
I`m a greenskin player at heart and so I`ve always preferred the hordy approach but in addition having a lot of smaller niche units for different tasks. What units are nice in that sense for VC? I plan on a grinding style if that`s any help.

1. Zacharias the Everliving is not included as a special character in the Undead army list. You will have the opportunity to create a reasonably similar character, though.

2. The Varghulf is good. It is a non-character vampire, so it doesn't get any spell-casting ability, but being a vampire it will provide other benefits for your army. This will become clearer as you read the book.

3. Skeletons are poor and expensive close combat fighters. How they are used is better explored in the tactics threads.

4. Hordes... Again this is perhaps best discussed in the tactics forums. If horde units are what you want then Zombies are your only real option due to the rather high cost of Skeletons and Ghouls.

-T10

Red Skullz
01-08-2010, 12:42
That`s good news as I`m not fond of special characters, prefer to make my own narrative from what I can make out of a book :)

Nice! I wanted to large organic creatures I could have a converting-go at so this is great news for me :D

3 & 4.
Okey, thanks for the help mate!

R

Red Skullz
01-08-2010, 13:00
I just noticed the following in the FAQ:
P91 - Including Zombie Dragons in army
Ignore this special rule

So you can`t choose a zombie dragon anymore apparantly or am I missing something here?

R

Zaustus
01-08-2010, 13:04
You are missing something. The note being deleted said that the ZD took up a hero slot. There are no slots any more, so they removed that rule.

The ZD itself is still available to a Vampire Lord.

Red Skullz
01-08-2010, 18:15
Thanks for clearing that up for me :) As I mentioned in my first post, I don`t own the army book yet but I`ve ordered it today.

R