PDA

View Full Version : 3K Beastmen

Toras
01-08-2010, 12:10
Beastlord w/ heavy armour, gnarled hide, great weapon, ramhorn helm, horn of the first beast, gouge-tusks

Great bray-shaman w/ level 4, jagged dagger, troll hide, ogre blade (lore of shadows)

Wargor w/ horn of the great hunt, heavy armour, shield

Wargor w/ heavy armour, axes of khorgor

Gorebull w/ BSB, beast banner, heavy armour, shield

30 Gors w/ full command, + hand weapon
(two of these)

30 Gors w/ full command, shields

40 Ungors w/ full command, spears

30 Bestigors w/ full command, totem of rust

6 Minotaurs w/ + hand weapon, standard bearer

This is my first real go at a beastmen army list. So any comments would be helpful, I'm not really sure of the formation of gors, ungors and bestigors in horde or massed ranks.

Linoosthelost
01-08-2010, 12:14
no real comments on composition, I just checked it out to get ideas for my own army... however Im pretty certain Great Bray Shaman cant take magic armour... so no Trollhide for him :-)

Voloch
01-08-2010, 14:14
Great Bray can take any composition of magic items and gifts so Trollhide is valid.

I can't see which units your character will join. Therefore it's difficult to composition. But I will says this. I think you carry too many large units and not enough support units. In a 3k battle, where you may be fighting on a bigger board, you can find easily find yourself in lack of manoeuvring space.

Still, I find the choice of troops interesting, but I would maybe split the ungors into 3: 1x20 and 2x10 and let the smaller units ambush, alongside with 1 or 2 gor units.

Toras
01-08-2010, 15:09
beastlord with the bestigors, BSB with bestigors or minos, axes wargor with 2 hand weapon gors, horn wargor with and gor regiment and shaman with any gor unit. Other than that how should i support the units of gors?

With the ungors, i figured that i wouldn't ambushed due to the lack of speed.

Linoosthelost
01-08-2010, 15:32
Great Bray can take any composition of magic items and gifts so Trollhide is valid.

read the "Magical interference" section on page 500 of the BRB, so sorry no armour... I wish I was wrong... but Im not :-)

Toras
01-08-2010, 15:38
doesn't really matter ill just fill it up in other area anyway

Linoosthelost
01-08-2010, 15:42
try "Talisman of preservation" instead :-)

... and do you really think "axes of Khorgor" is wort it? Since you probably will succseed with your primal fury test most of the time (w reroll from "Horn of the first beast")