PDA

View Full Version : 2500 point VC list against WE.

GREEN IS DA BEST
02-03-2006, 23:11
Im going to use this list against some very good wood elves.

So tell me what you think.

2500 point von carstein list

Vampire count-(generall) lvl 2 wizard, ring of the night, walking death, aura of dark majesty, aditional hand weapon@ 346 points

Necromancer- lvl 2 wizard, dispell scroll, dispell scroll@ 150 points

Necromancer- lvl 2 wizard, book of archan, dispell scroll@ 150 points

Necromancer- lvl 2 wizard, staff of damnation@ 140 points

23 skeletons- light armour, spears full command@ 278 points

24 skeletons- light armour, spears, full command@ 289 points

18 skeletons- light armour, full command@ 205 points

18 skeletons- light armour, full command@ 205 points

5 dire wolves@ 50 points

5 dire wolves@ 50 points

10 black knights- barding, full command, banner of barrows@335 points

4 fell bats@ 80 points

2 spirit host@ 130 points

banshee@ 90 points

total power dice-@ 10

total dispell dice-@ 6

total points@ 2498

the reason the squad size on the skeleton units are all a little bit random is because i needed to drop some points so i figured a skeleton or two was the easyiest way to do so.

So please tell me what you think of my list.

And remember this is supose to be used against a mainley forest spirit army.

7DrunkenPirates
03-03-2006, 00:32
Dude....like seriously...if your going to be using Von Carstein's use the SoC list. It has more magic potential, and allows for more combat.

GREEN IS DA BEST
03-03-2006, 00:37
Yes but i dont have the suficent amont of vampires to do so grrrrr

Keller
03-03-2006, 20:56
Dude....like seriously...if your going to be using Von Carstein's use the SoC list. It has more magic potential, and allows for more combat.
Actually, with a total lack of necromancers, it has considerably less magic potential. Sure, you get the PL 4 summoning markers, but that doesn't help that much overall, since they tend to end up in places where the troops won't help much and the enemy can ignore them.

As for your list...

Make the knights into 2 units, and add a 6th knight to each. You can afford to lose the barding for the extra speed too. WE's don't have much that you need a heavy unit for; you're better off with more units, and more manuverability so you can catch em. You don't need the heaviest armor either, since most things are S4 at best, and the armor won't do much agaisnt Killing Blow, their best way to take on heavy units.

Your wolves probably won't last long, since WE archery is superb. I would forget them, since a single volley can easily kill the whole unit. The speed is nice, but the elves will still stand and shoot, killing most, if not all of them. Unless yo can get a charge on some Wardancers, where they might actually be useful.

I would suggest ghouls. The WE are incredibly manuverable, and skirmishers have an easier time catching them. The shooting penalty and T4 also mean the ghouls might be able to make it to the enemy, as well. Once in combat, their 2 poison attacks rend the elves pretty well.

Depending on your opponent, you might want to drop the banshee. Most units in the WE book are immune to psych, be they Forest Spirits or Wardancers, so she will be wasted if he doenst have many archers or Eternal Guard.

Playing against the WE with VC is a bit tricky. Generally, you lack the reactions you need to deal with a player who wants to hit and run, and your Fear is worthless against much of the enemy units. Makes for some fun games though, and a good challange.