PDA

View Full Version : Killing Khorne flail marauders with O&G

Stuffburger
02-08-2010, 03:25
These guys were an absolute pain in my last game- units of 20 (or 25) with command, flails and MoK. They routinely killed 8-10 troops of mine- winning the combat by a large amount even though they were pretty vulnerable to return attacks I just couldn't match the sheer number of kills they made. They killed a flanking chariot in one round, before I even got crew attacks. Even down to half or less strength they still are deadly as their I4 means they go before 90% of the O&G book. My goblin horde fared fairly well against them, with 25 odd attacks I matched their kills and won on the second turn when they didn't get +2S anymore, and shooting was effective as well. For their price of about 6.5 points per guy, extremely effective (I think 175 points per unit). Any ways to take these units down that don't involve shooting or expanding my units even further and just taking the damage, counting on steadfast and winning later rounds?

Rosstifer
02-08-2010, 03:31
I know you said without shooting but seriously, rock lobbas will pound these guys into nothing.

Stumpy
02-08-2010, 03:41
Marauders with either great weapons or flails are one of those hard-as-hell units this edition and more spammable than things that have come before. How many units does he field and how much support? My best suggestion is to take something that can slam straight through the centre and come out the other side. Surrounding him should hopefully put you at an advantage later if you can work with it. Don't send your BSB or general though, they're too important to send off behind enemy lines.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
02-08-2010, 06:40
Rock Lobbas, Night Goblin archers, Fists uv Gork, and Brain Bursta are my favorite methods, and chariots should help. Sans shooting, this unit will be hard to crack. It doesn't hurt that large units of unarmored humans are some of the best targets in a WoC army for these methods.

Paraelix
02-08-2010, 07:02
Magic. Multitudes of Chariots. Poison Banner on your Gobbos. 3x Fanatics.

SkawtheFalconer
02-08-2010, 11:15
At best they'll have a 5+ armour save from shooting or magic and they're only T3, so something along those lines ought to do the trick!

Im combat chariots are your friend.