PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels chapter

jdunn
02-08-2010, 23:20
I'm starting a Blood angels army that is going to be centered around sanguinary guard choices. i like the army, but i don't like the color scheme of them or they're successors. so i was wondering if the warseer community had any ideas on a background or color scheme using blood angels models?

basically, i want them to be another successor chapter that has been listed as renegade after a run-in with the black legion left them suspiciously more susceptible to the red thirst.

i also want, once i'm done choosing many sang guard, to use a full Death company list

so, do you have any interesting color schemes for these 2 units?

Aedes
02-08-2010, 23:47
Hi there.
I am doing a similar thing (see link in my signature).
I also made up a custom BA successor, half of it turned renegate,
a few loyal survivors that are hunted by the Inquisition...
My colour scheme is warlock purple with gold trim,
and for the Death Company I didnt want to paint them completely black,
so i went with left leg/reight arm, kneepad, shoulderpad black.

On these forums I also have seen some white Death Company/ Sanguinary guard,
and they look nice, too.

deacon52
03-08-2010, 01:35
how about majority bleached bone for the death company.

"Aedes" i think warlock purple and gold is allready taken by the doom eagles/hawk lords(not sure which), i've seen that colour scheme in one of the old marine codex's

jdunn
03-08-2010, 03:19
its the hawk lords i just found my marine book :)

bleach bone might be interesting ill try that on a model

Aedes
03-08-2010, 03:58
Just checked on the Hawklords...
well, my marines are much brighter, not quite as dark....;)

Gorbad Ironclaw
03-08-2010, 05:07
Why the renegade status? I mean, I get that everybody loves a rebel/bad boy but Marines are already psychotic killers, do they really need more to give of that vibe?

jdunn
03-08-2010, 15:55
well the idea is that they were DECLARED heretical because of the red thirst, but they still fight for the Emperor, be that their help is almost always declined, they frequently show up anyway.

Wyrmwood
03-08-2010, 19:17
... Like the Flesh Tearers?

jdunn
03-08-2010, 19:46
shhhh! don't let that out! i don't like they're paint scheme!

Wyrmwood
03-08-2010, 21:24
Your secret's safe with me. :)

Merus
03-08-2010, 21:28
Your secret's safe with me. :)

But not with me!

/runs to alert the masses

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-08-2010, 09:08
well the idea is that they were DECLARED heretical because of the red thirst, but they still fight for the Emperor, be that their help is almost always declined, they frequently show up anyway.

It's just that it seems like a very common thing. "My chapter were declared outlaws but they are really the good guys, just misunderstood, honest!"

Not saying you can't use it, just that it seems to pop up a lot. Personally I think I'd go with them being excessively brutal, even for marines (although I'm not entirely sure how that's possible) and so local Imperial authorities/other forces don't like to call them in when there might be civilians nearby/collateral damage. But since they are marines that's not really going to stop them if they want to participate.
Or maybe other Imperial forces try to manipulate them into dangerous positions and unsupported assaults where they a) won't do any damage to anyone but the enemy and b) hopefully will be grind down and so won't be a danger to friendly forces in the future.

Lothlanathorian
06-08-2010, 03:06
Perhaps having them not declared renegade, but under scrutiny, so they tend to keep to themselves, show up unannounced and associate as little as possible with others.

jdunn
10-08-2010, 05:20
It's just that it seems like a very common thing. "My chapter were declared outlaws but they are really the good guys, just misunderstood, honest!"

Not saying you can't use it, just that it seems to pop up a lot. Personally I think I'd go with them being excessively brutal, even for marines (although I'm not entirely sure how that's possible) and so local Imperial authorities/other forces don't like to call them in when there might be civilians nearby/collateral damage. But since they are marines that's not really going to stop them if they want to participate.
Or maybe other Imperial forces try to manipulate them into dangerous positions and unsupported assaults where they a) won't do any damage to anyone but the enemy and b) hopefully will be grind down and so won't be a danger to friendly forces in the future.

sorry, that was essentially the idea, i just didn't elaborate as much :P