PDA

View Full Version : Grey knights

jdunn
03-08-2010, 03:31
whats the deal with the grey knights founding? is there any fluff on it in their book or what? i have heard nothing of it!

Merus
03-08-2010, 03:33
Here's (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Grey_Knights) some information about them. :D

Wyrmwood
03-08-2010, 03:41
They are rumoured to have been created using the Emperor's geneseed, but other than that - there is scant information. Though the Horus Heresy series is hinting at perhaps certain ad hoc members forming the original core of the Ordo Malleus and the Grey Knights...

Lord Lorne Walkier
03-08-2010, 06:42
Information on the fouding of the Grey Nights is a BIG SECRET!

Things we know:

They are chapter 666.
They were founded in secret some close / right before the 2nd founding.
They have battle houners streching back 10k years.

Titan the moon of Jupiter is their home.

EVERY other bit of info is hear say or a rumor. The biggest question as i see it is whare their gene-seed came from.

In the book Collected Visions, there is a part where Malcador brings 12 people, 8 Astartes to the Emperor as the last thing before he takes his turn in the seat o' death. The 8 Astartes are from Legions who sided with Horus but the men stayed loyal to their oaths to the Emp. I think these 8 are the first Grand masters of what will become the Grey Knights.

My list ....

Loken , Tarvitz, Garro, the Half-heard, Verran.

The rest i am not sure yet but i think we will get a chance to know them soon enough. I will rule out the Word Bearers. My hope for this legion has been snuffed out. I think the IW, 1ks, may contrib

Artein
03-08-2010, 13:26
My list ....

The rest i am not sure yet but i think we will get a chance to know them soon enough. I will rule out the Word Bearers. My hope for this legion has been snuffed out. I think the IW, 1ks, may contrib

Omegon? :rolleyes:

Lord Lorne Walkier
03-08-2010, 16:12
Omegon? :rolleyes:

heh. If you mean the AL other primarch then ill say MEH. I pretty much want to put the AL in the same boat with the WB. If they feel they never really went traitor then why stay loyal, right? If they did add a AL to the list i think some GK players heads would explode.
I am also ready to close the door on the NL. I will wait for A-DB to get a chance at some HH NL stuff. If anyone could make that shoe fit, it would be him. The story of a Heresey erra Night Lord Loyalest captain would be SICK! But i wont hold my breath on that one.

A bit more about the 1Ks. There was a time when i had a spot taken by Mhotep from BftA. I figure if Loken can make it off Istvaan III then i could see the smerfs comming to the rescue of my favorite 1Ks. The thought of a GK having a "FLESH CHANGE" made me take a wait an see.

RunepriestRidcully
03-08-2010, 18:39
Whilst having stop, "FLESH CHANGE" is unherd for the Grey Knights, the fact they are rumered to be Soul bound to the Emperor could prevent it, also the gene seed coctail theory is nice, though I would be tempted to have the coctail consist of each legion, since each of the Primarchs had an aspect of the emperor, the effect would be similer to their Geneseed being from the Emperor, though if the Grey knights genee seed is from the emperor, well the loyalist marines could be mentors to the first Grey knights perhaps?

Peadar365
04-08-2010, 11:26
What I find a little interesting about the Grey Knights is their choice not to paint their armour. Before the Heresy didnt the Death Gaurd leave their power armour unpainted? Could it be possible that the first Chapter Master was a Death Guard maybe?

FlashGordon
04-08-2010, 11:34

At least 1 from every traitorlegion is my quess.

Lungboy
04-08-2010, 11:40
They are chapter 666.
They were founded in secret some close / right before the 2nd founding.

Was this changed at some point? In Realms of Chaos they are said to be officially 3rd founding, but that they were actually created just after the 3rd founding.

Lord Malice
05-08-2010, 02:21
It changed uring 2nd Edition, Codex:Ultramarines for example says that the Grey Knights were created in secret during the Secound Founding using a unique set of Gene-Seed, source unknown. Other publications say the Grey Knights were created just prior to the Secound Founding.

In Codex:Ultramarines it also says that the Scound Founding was seven years after the end of the Heresy so the Grey Knights could have been established at any point during that period whilst the Emperor was still able to communicate His wishes.

Wicksy
05-08-2010, 23:22
They cant really be of the emperor's geneseed as he had no geneseed.

tezdal
07-08-2010, 03:52
Fictional characters can have anything their authors want, and the GK codex says it's rumored in-universe, so it obviously sounds plausible to Inquisitors and Space marines...