PDA

View Full Version : Custom Space Marine Codex

Navar
03-08-2010, 16:07
Greetings Warseer I come to you for assistance. I have completed the preliminary work on a Custom Codex Space Marine Codex. That phrase sounds odd, but what I mean is that I re-purposed the fluff in "Codex Space Marines" into my own custom Chapter. Said chapter name is the Ultradragons, and they are more or less a codex chapter. No rules in the book have been changed though I did incorporate the errata and some additional units from some of the Imperial Armour books just so they would all be in the same place.

Here is where I need help. With all the text done I lack the technology and expertise to change the text into a codex like document. I would like to know if anyone out there has the time and ability to take the text of a codex and manipulate it so that the finished product is very much like an actual codex.

My goal is to create a book that I can carry with me to play games. In theory I wouldn't even need to bring my space marine codex, but in practice I would for transparency.

Thanks in advance.
Navar

Jonny_N
03-08-2010, 20:16
Im guessing from the name of your chapter, its an ultramarine coloured army led by Vulkan Hestan?

Navar
03-08-2010, 20:51
Actually no, it is a black painted army lead by a version of Marneus Calgar.

Rather than using the shoulder pads to denote squads helmet color is used.

I received inspiration from the Black Dragons and from the Ultramarines mostly with a dash of Blood Angels.

They also have a mutation that causes some of their veterans to grow wings. They go into the Vanguard Veterans and despite the fact that noone runs them, I have a unit of Vanguard Veterans with Jump packs (wings.)