PDA

View Full Version : Why are Biel-Tan Wraith units' color scheme reversed?

Limbic Librarian
04-08-2010, 06:55
So as a new Biel-Tan player, I noticed that in the tabletop media realm, Wraith units bodies are green while the heads are white - the reverse of the usual scheme.

With all other craftworlds, the Wraithlord and guard match the Guardian scheme (i.e Siam-Hann's red body, white heads / Iyadens' yellow bodies, blue heads.

Personally, I think the white body and green heads look better as seen in Dawn of War 2 - but is there a fluff reason for this? As in, since they're dead they sport the opposed color scheme. Any fluff nuts or anyone in possession of a White Dwarf that might have the information inside would be appreciated.

Radium
04-08-2010, 07:06
It's just a variation of the colour scheme. If you can get a copy of the old Craftworld Eldar codex, you'll see a lot more alternative schemes like grey and green guardians.

Limbic Librarian
04-08-2010, 07:16
I have Codex Craftworld, the only Wraithunits are green bodied, white headed like the kind that appear on GW's website (I'm fairly sure they're the same models.)

AndrewGPaul
04-08-2010, 07:26
Iyanden wraithlords and wraithguard used to be painted in reversed colours in studio armies, ever since an 'Eavy Metal painter decided it would look cool on an Eldar Dreadnought - possibly on Epic-scale ones. That's your real answer - it looks cool and makes them stand out. There's no in-universe reason that I know of.

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-08-2010, 08:53
Exactly. It's because who ever painted them thought it would look better that way. That's probably the explanation to 90%+ of the questions to why something look a given way.

Sinisterfence
06-08-2010, 01:47
It's not just Beil Tan, Ulthwé wraith units typically have bone bodies and black heads, I think it's exactly as has been said, it makes them stand out