PDA

View Full Version : New army, 2k Warriors of Chaos

Zaszz
04-08-2010, 15:04
So my friends and I decided to add more variety to our games and we would all build a brand new army at 2k points. I however only have around 200 dollars for a budget and I have chosen Warriors of Chaos. I already have the rule book and decided I really like Tzeentch colors and want to make this a theme list. I have the following questions:

1. What should I get with my 30 dollars remaining (I can use ebay or other cheap dealers), to add to my options.
2. What should I tweak in the list to make it more effective while remaining true to the Tzeentch or non god units concept.
3. Should I rearrange unit sizes or will this work?

Here is the list I wrote up (all criticism welcome I am new to chaos):

1 Sorcerer Lord, Level 4, MoT, Blood of T, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection

1 Exalted Hero, MoT, Sword of Might, Helm of many Eyes, Steed, Blood Curdling Roar
1 Exalted Hero, MoT, BSB, Chaos Rune Shield

23 Chaos Warriors, MoT, Full Command, Blasted Standard, Shields (BSB goes here)
39 Marauders, MoT, Full Command, Shields (Horde formation, Mage goes here)
10 Hounds
10 Hounds

9 Chaos Knights, MoT, Full Command (Mounted Exalted goes here)

That brings me to 1994 points total will all % requirements met. So the list has lots of ward saves and is all themed, and is from 2 battalions I got for 75 bucks a piece. I made the exalted heros from a standard bearer and a knight which I added lots of detail bits to. I also picked up the Tzeentch sorcerer lord model which I added pegs to his standard 25mm base, and to his disc, then I drilled out his feet so I can put him on either in the future.

Basic plan I thought would be 6 wide warriors get in combat as fast as they can, Horde Marauders and Knights the same. The mage gets some nukes off, the hounds go for war machines or archers, and hopefully my units are pretty resilient with ward saves abound.

Any help with the questions above would be awesome, thanks guys, so far I was leaning toward a box of Spawns, to add 2 rare options, and I could make them very thematic.

Oh one question also, do you get a parry save with an Ensorcled weapon and a shield, IE do default Chaos Knights get a parry save?

theSkullduggery1
04-08-2010, 17:39
Parry save only goes to models that are on foot, also it has to be a mundane hand weapon.

I don't think that you need 23 Warriors, I think 19 + BSB in a 5x4 formation is plenty...use those points to add in what ever the last unit you decide to buy is (spawn would be alright, but they can't strike the front of units anymore because there are too many attacks back at them for them to survive).

Zaszz
04-08-2010, 19:35
Ok thanks for the help, and basically that makes spawn good for support charging with infantry, or fighting smaller units to the flanks or weaker units like archers and war machines?

Zaszz
04-08-2010, 19:36
Anyone got any ideas what else would be good for between 20-50 USD worth of chaos models to add to the army? Trolls? Ogres? A giant?

theSkullduggery1
04-08-2010, 20:14
I like the trolls in the new edition but in larger blocks about 6, although the new river trolls only come 3 to a box for (I think) around $35 on ebay. I really like the hellcannon, which costs $57.50 thru GW and is usually hard to find on ebay, if you are willing to spend a bit more I'd say get it (it is also fun to paint).