PDA

View Full Version : dark elf character models

Windir83
05-08-2010, 11:50
was lookin over the range of dark elf hero and lord minis and I realized that the range is horribly limited and most of em are very old, which is showing. so, what I want to know is; has anyone heard ANYTHING about new dark elf character minis?

Desert Rain
05-08-2010, 11:55
Have you checked these ones (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat500014a&rootCatGameStyle=) out? Most of them are pretty new.

(http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat500014a&rootCatGameStyle=)

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-08-2010, 13:04
There are several other companies making various elf/dark elf models that will work very nicely. Also the various command models for the elite units are pretty good too and can easily stand in for characters.

Windir83
05-08-2010, 13:27
hmm, those collectors ones aren't too bad. seen em before but I guess I forgot :) but there aren't any new ones from gw in the works then?

Roguebaron
05-08-2010, 13:48
the sorceress and hero from the Avatars of war line also work really well as alternates. Haven't seen any new gw models yet.

Vandelan
05-08-2010, 13:51
I've made my own out of plastic. I use the warrior legs, the Knight Torso (there's usually a spare in every box) and most of the time I use a helmet-less head. A great head to use for this is one from the Eldar Guardian kit.

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-08-2010, 14:15
but there aren't any new ones from gw in the works then?
If it's not in the rumour sections already odds are very good that either no one knows anything or the few people who do know can't talk about it.

kyussinchains
06-08-2010, 06:58
I'm not sure I see your problem really......

Cold one mounted dreadlord
Cold one mounted sorceress
New sorceress on foot (and the old 'morathi' on foot model still holds up pretty well IMO)
4 dreadlord/hero on foot models (topknot dude and the 3 collectors edition ones, the female one with two swords makes a fine death hag too)
1 dreadlord on dark steed
3 new assassin models
Lokhir (makes a cool corsair themed dreadlord/hero)

I think that in the long overdue 'second-wave' of DE minis, we will probably see Tullaris, malus on a new version of spite, Kouran and Hellebron, as well as a swathe of new plastic minis for dark riders, witch elves, chariots and harpies...... having said this however, the list above has plenty of scope, I find that I don't make use of all of the models, even in very big games.....

Paraelix
06-08-2010, 07:15
I for one like the characters available... Though I was a bit shocked when Helves got a plastic Lord AND Mage and Delves got neither >_>

RunepriestRidcully
06-08-2010, 07:33
It's like Chaos Space marines, no new units since 2nd, and only occaisional new kits and yet loyalist get kit upon kit heapede upon them.

kyussinchains
06-08-2010, 08:01
not that I know anything about the 40k side of things, but the dark elves don't NEED new miniatures..... the plastic warriors could do with a resculpt, but with the new corsairs, CoKs and Hydra, the range is one of the best around.... Executioners are amazing, black guard are pretty solid, even the witch elves are nice....

The High elves had a dire model range from 5th edition when Gary Morley got his hands on them, and things didn't improve drastically with 6th edition, whereas the dark elves got a new model range which was mostly solid....

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... or else you'll break it and won't be able to fix it.... ;)