PDA

View Full Version : animosity and hand of Gork

Lorquas
05-08-2010, 12:57
Hello

Can you cast the hand of Gork (or is it Mork?!) on a unit that has failed an animosity roll?

Regards,

Lorquas

ColShaw
05-08-2010, 14:54
Absolutely. The failed animosity only precludes them moving in the Movement phase.

TMATK
05-08-2010, 16:30
I don't think so.

It's not just movement, a unit that squabbles can't do anything that turn. They can't shoot, they can't cast spells, they don't surge due to a Waaagh spell. I've seen it argued that Hand of Gork is an exception, since the fluff says a hand moves them rather then moving themselves, but I don't buy that.

Sliver
05-08-2010, 19:48
Absolutely. The failed animosity only precludes them moving in the Movement phase.

I agree. I dont have the exact wording right here atm, but I'm pretty sure it states that 'the unit is moved' rather than 'the unit moves'. The spell should not care wether or not the unit is squbbling among its ranks, as far as I'm conserned anyway.

Haravikk
05-08-2010, 20:14
I would be inclined to say yes, but mostly because of how funny it is to imagine a unit involuntarily surging into combat with an enemy whilst still very much preoccupied with beating each other up... :D

And it seems like a pretty greenskin thing to happen.

stashman
05-08-2010, 22:12
As long as a unit is not fleeing or in combat, you can use spells on them.